What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• Dr_Axe
    Dr_Axe Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I made bok choy for the first time. With roast beef and mushrooms.ul699p0fkkfm.png It was delicious.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,717 Member
    Options
    A focaccia. This recipe is easiest to do in the evening to make a weekend morning treat as the dough needs a quick stretch every 30 minutes for two hours before going into the fridge overnight for a slow prove.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O1WQTKuWWfM
    v4i0tbtujf4o.jpeg
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Yum @acpgee - looks wonderful

75e9vrhmz6rz.jpg

2 egg scramble in a mug with cauliflower rice, grilled onion & bell peppers, salsa & shred cheese. Clementine. Chocolate protein powder in coffee.
  • Adventurista
    Options
    latvyqtdtx5i.jpg

1/2 smoked turkey & pepperjack cheese sandwich, small turkey garden salad. Mixed sour cream and salsa for spread and dressing. Coffee black.
  • acpgee
    Options
    Thai style whole fried fish, roast asparagus, tataki/tiradito on a watercress salad dressed with aji verde. Used up some leftover hollandaise on the asparagus from when we had artichokes a couple of nights ago. Stickly rice.
    encwlzd9ox7r.jpeg
  • Adventurista
    Options
    @acpgee - is there a flour you prefer with the focaccia? She mentioned 3 different types.

t3tk766hxrh2.jpg

Smoked turkey with defatted pan drippings, sausage stuffing, green beans with smoked ham.
  • acpgee
    Options
    @Adventurista
    I just use plain all purpose flour and get good results with that. I don’t know the protein content because I decant to resealable storage containers and discard the packaging after bringing home the groceries. I should probably try with bread flour to see if that gives a better texture but I am happy with results using regular flour up to now.
  • acpgee
    Options
    At this rate I won’t get to the flower market any time soon. My batch cooking buddy brought a bunch of supermarket peonies when she came over Saturday.
  • acpgee
    Options
    myxb7jqmym3y.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Food from the freezer. Potato gnocchi I made last month month as a mourning ritual for the terminal cancer diagnosis of a buddy I used to cook Italian with, while we were grad students in Amsterdam. Bolognaise from the early April batch made with a current cooking buddy. Green salad and griddled aubergine made today.
    nejhs7qy2dkm.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Chilli con carne batch cooked last Saturday with Peruvian aji verde and green salad.
    5igv85acuq1f.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Options
    I made another focaccia using my usual recipe. It is most convenient to do this in the evening as the dough needs stretching (a 2 minute job) every 30 minutes for 2 hours followed by a slow prove in the fridge overnight. This time I skipped the overnight prove because I started it in the afternoon, and didn't notice any detrimental effect.
    https://www.emmafontanella.com/no-knead-focaccia
    08gwoekdf2xy.jpeg
    sc730v5e35vm.jpeg

• Adventurista
    Options
    Saute mixed veggies, shredded smoke turkey stuffed split pea soup.
    875uca7264ix.jpg

• acpgee
    Options
    Burger night.
    t2lfxuczzdl9.jpeg
  • 100_Rabbits
    100_Rabbits Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Sweet chili chicken meatballs and random veg. Trying to clear the fridge and freezer out lol
    94m178b7nbke.jpg
  • Adventurista
    Options
    Yum @100_Rabbits - looks like you took the corn off the cob. Can't wait until it comes in season in a few weeks!