What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• JessikaBlayne
    JessikaBlayne Posts: 1,457
    Options
    recipe bump!
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh the Salmon stir fry with broccoslaw and edamame, served with a mango, lime, chilli and coriander salsa looks right up my street. Recipe or an idea of what kind of stir fry sauce you used if any would be very much appreciated thanks!

Salsa:
    1/2 ripe mango, diced
    1 red birds eye chilli sliced (leave the seeds in if you want it really hot)
    small bunch corriander, chopped
    1/2 tsp canola oil
    touch of pepper
    touch of salt

Salmon stirfry:
    50g edamame
    150g salmon pieces
    Handful of broccoli slaw

Marinade:
    1 dessert spoon soy sauce
    1cm piece grated ginger
    1 chopped garlic clove
    2 tsp thai sweet chilli sauce
    splash of fish sauce
    1 dessert spoon teriyaki sauce
    1 tsp vinegar
    Good squeeze of lemon juice

What to do:

1. Prepare salsa and set aside
    2. Mix all ingredients for marinade and pour over salmon pieces and leave to sit for 30 mins or so (I do this before my 30DS video haha)
    3. Heat a stirfry pan/wok with 1tsp oil until piping hot - add salmon pieces whilst reserving the marinate and stirfry for 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan.
    4. Add veggies to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, adding salmon back to the pan and rest of the marinade. Cook for a further minute.

Voila! Serve with the mango salsa! :)
  • CampKelly
    CampKelly Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump....
  • HardDon
    HardDon Posts: 204
    Options
    Stuffed zucchini/ bell peppers with lean ground beef and rice served with spicy salsa

sals.jpg
  • hbunting86
    Options
    8615997178_47a1fbeb15.jpg

Homemade lamb burgers with chilli, onion, garlic, corriander and stuffed with feta cheese served with broccoli slaw in lemmonaise dressing and baby spinach with diced tomato
  • summerraechew
    Options
    I'm a Pescetarian so my meals contain seafood (no poultry nor red meat). Here's my most recent one. I usually use brown rice or quinoa but I tried something different. I used couscous and made a stir fry (sauteed broccoli, onions, mushrooms, and sea scallops) with organic/pure Teriyaki sauce drizzled over it.

asiandish.jpg
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh the Salmon stir fry with broccoslaw and edamame, served with a mango, lime, chilli and coriander salsa looks right up my street. Recipe or an idea of what kind of stir fry sauce you used if any would be very much appreciated thanks!

<snip>

Voila! Serve with the mango salsa! :)

Did you just get asked to post your salsa recipe ON THE SAME PAGE AS IT WAS POSTED?

Seriously people. Come ON.
  • nz_deevaa
    Options
    I'm a Pescetarian so my meals contain seafood (no poultry nor red meat). Here's my most recent one. I usually use brown rice or quinoa but I tried something different. I used couscous and made a stir fry (sauteed broccoli, onions, mushrooms, and sea scallops) with organic/pure Teriyaki sauce drizzled over it.

I've seen a lot of scallops in my life, and no one single one of them was that big!! LOL
  • hbunting86
    Options
    Haha yes I did... didn't want to say anything but... lol
  • nz_deevaa
    Options
    Haha yes I did... didn't want to say anything but... lol

:laugh:
  • ndnyl
    ndnyl Posts: 96
    Options
    <<<<<<<<<< my profile pic the joys of been a chef...
  • sangeyvang
    sangeyvang Posts: 182
    Options
    all the food looks yummers!!
  • blkenigma8
    blkenigma8 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    idk how to show a picture, but I had a Sante Fe Omelet for brunch today with an orange and some vanilla maple coffee.
    Here is the picture and recipe:
    http://pa2zu.blogspot.com/2013/04/sante-fe-omelet.html
  • Mslibb
    Mslibb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm no food photographer, sorry - but this burger was so freakin' tasty, I just had to share...

beautifulburger_zps4f502fd6.jpg

BBQ, bacon, double blue cheese burger, with an 'everything but lettuce' salad :)
  • katcunock
    katcunock Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    IMG-20130403-00037_zpsaf874a8b.jpg

post workout snack of a protein brownie and a glass of milk -

stats for brownie: 122 cals, 15g carbs, 10g protein, 2g fat
  • summerraechew
    Options

I've seen a lot of scallops in my life, and no one single one of them was that big!! LOL

They're called sea scallops. Technically organic (caught fresh/wild then frozen). They come in all different random sizes but a single bag of them is highly expensive.
  • nz_deevaa
    Options

They're called sea scallops. Technically organic (caught fresh/wild then frozen). They come in all different random sizes but a single bag of them is highly expensive.

My father used to go diving for scallops when I was growing up, we had them fresh all the time. Just never that big, I wonder if they are a different type to the ones we get in NZ.
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • brokenjawedmuse
    Options
    Asparagus Spinach soup with poached eggs, a drizzle of olive oil, and fresh cracked pepper.

30m05qa.jpg
  • katcunock
    katcunock Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    IMG-20130403-00038_zpsd32bfcf4.jpg

lunch - avocado egg salad and lettuce on tiger roll, with minted potatoes and cucumber :)