What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• human28
    human28 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • johannaqv
    johannaqv Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    all this food looks delicious and gave me new meal ideas :) love this thread!!!
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Used the carrot cake receipe from skinny taste. Removed the sugar because I'm diabetic, and swapped the oil for apple sauce, and halved the icing. So each slice is under 200 calories :D

That looks gorgeous. And I don't even like carrot cake!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I've been such a slacker with the food photography lately.

Here's one of my recent favorites, it's vegan and delicious.

Chickpea Stir-Fry with Black Bean Sauce

chickpeaStirfry_2.jpg

Recipe: http://happygoodtime.com/2013/06/01/chickpea-stir-fry-with-black-bean-sauce/
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    did some reading up on making hummus, since i wanted to figure out how to achieve the super velvety texture of the hummus you get in Mediterranean restaurants. i learned a few tips that made a huge difference and was really excited with the result. mega silky and creamy hummus - so gooood.
    \
    That texture looks divine. Did you peel the chickpeas? That's one tip that I read - but I've never been able to bring myself to do it.
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    did some reading up on making hummus, since i wanted to figure out how to achieve the super velvety texture of the hummus you get in Mediterranean restaurants. i learned a few tips that made a huge difference and was really excited with the result. mega silky and creamy hummus - so gooood.
    \
    That texture looks divine. Did you peel the chickpeas? That's one tip that I read - but I've never been able to bring myself to do it.

I did! My boyfriend and I put on an Adventure Time episode and made our way through them. It's pretty simple, mindless work and not as bad as I thought it would be. The result definitely made it worthwhile :)

The other tip I read was that you should emulsify the tahini and lemon before adding the chickpeas. Oh and previously I had always blended olive oil into my hummus, thinking that would contribute to a silkier texture - but a lot of the recipes saw only used olive oil for drizzling at the end. Fine by me... just another place to save some calories, hehe.
  • kitza101
    kitza101 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Last night's dinner: Lamb saltimbocca with roasted fennel, and a rocket and parmesan salad with blood plum finishing vinegar. Delicious! And only 429 calories for the whole lot.

2w2eu5k.jpg

Today's breakfast - banana and blueberry stuffed french toast, with cottage cheese and maple syrup. 450 calories, and worth every one!

1231nog.jpg
  • tcraw15
    tcraw15 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    375632_10151500788949527_1243769663_n.jpg

6oz shredded chicken, 1oz feta cheese, 1/2 cup grape tomatoes & 1/2 cup yellow cherry tomatoes, 1/2 avocado, and a little bit of Italian blend seasoning. 450 calories. And SUPER delicious. So good, I ate it twice today. Haha.
  • hopefloatsup
    hopefloatsup Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Tonight's dinner! Delicious :smile:

4oz Baked Tilapia filet w/lemon & seasonings
    1/2 Baked Sweet Potato Plain
    Steamed Broccoli Florets
    We were pretty surprised at how filling it was and for under 250 calories? Dang!

e07d1f10-8aae-43ec-961a-fbca75f64876.jpg
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    roo tortilla stack
    20130602_191335.jpg

corned beef, ratatouille, veggies, oat/banana cookie and homemade pumpkin bread
    20130602_133328.jpg

choc/peanut protein cheesecake
    20130601_211333.jpg

sushi platter
    20130601_200646.jpg
  • iWillGetCrowSomeday
    iWillGetCrowSomeday Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    e2861b14-7c18-44af-a661-6e1611d97073_zpsfdc3713f.jpg?t=1370183112

Breakfast: 3 ingredient pumpkin pancakes drizzled with honey, with greek yogurt and bananas on the side.

Recipe from http://www.katiekdid.com/2012/11/07/3-ingredient-pumpkin-pancakes/
  • Samybubu
    Samybubu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My dinner last night - oyakodon with tomato slices and cheese on a bowl of rice
    472398802600579_609602592391651_986169417_n_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I made this for my husband last night. The breading and rice make it not LC friendly, so I didn't have any.
    It's my take on Chicken Cordon Bleu (I made a home made cheese sauce w. bacon, broccoli, and sharp cheddar with a dash of cream. I also used bacon instead of ham inside, and added some mushroom and a few bits of onion. The breading is just a basic Italian style breading. It is yellowish on top because I baked my sauce into it as well.)

I was told it tasted pretty yummy despite it looking gross lol.

photo_zps2850b5cb.png?t=1370184571
  • brillmer
    brillmer Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Spicy Blackened Chicken, Lime Quinoa and Avocado Sauce
    CCOE6DD.jpg?2
  • emily_ebooks
    emily_ebooks Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    sudjKPV.jpg?1

1 egg white (14ish calories)
    2 tbsp salsa (10 calories)
    1/4 small avacado (43ish calories)
    1 cup black coffee (0 calories)
    hint of pepper

total: 67 calories for a rather filling breakfast :)
  • Labouffecestbon
    Labouffecestbon Posts: 182 Member
    Options

1 egg white (14ish calories)
    2 tbsp salsa (10 calories)
    1/4 small avacado (43ish calories)
    1 cup black coffee (0 calories)
    hint of pepper

total: 67 calories for a rather filling breakfast :)
    Even the fork matches the whole ensemble.
  • Labouffecestbon
    Labouffecestbon Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Open faced chicken parm sandwiches with smoked mozz and brocc rabe on sourdough

Boom shaka laka!!!!
  • queensey
    queensey Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    cupcakes_and_cardio Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    This is what I have so far. This is my pre workout/lunch meal. I'll have more later

6yigwn.jpg

Low Fat Vanilla yogurt with strawberries, whole grain oatmeal and cinnamon. YUM!
  • emily_ebooks
    emily_ebooks Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    ElYUGj5.jpg?1

Spinach salad with chopped strawberries, apples, walnuts, and cilantro. Served with lemon juice and black pepper as a dressing.