What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    8895404245_89ab5db02d_z.jpg

Pork, pumpkin and kumara with sage. Salad and avocado.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Asian inspired croque madam

Bulgogi chicken and km chi topped with a gochujang jack cheese sauce and fried egg

IMG_20130530_183607.jpg
    IMG_20130530_183829.jpg
  • cpalumbo89
    cpalumbo89 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    What's "bump"?
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    ************************************* Helpful Information *************************************

Please don’t quote pictures. When you quote a post, please remove the link to the picture. This prevents a thread full of duplicate pictures and excessive bandwidth usage for image hosting sites.
    It is common courtesy on most internet forums.

Bump is a common phrase used by people who want to add the thread to their topics list, but have nothing to contribute at the moment.

To see how to add pictures, visit this post.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/538992-how-to-post-pics-on-here

PROATS = Protein powder and oatmeal.

PROTEIN FLUFF = http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1823-protein-fluff

Every cheesecake I ever make is from this.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/461619-ny-cheesecake-morph

****************PLEASE DO NOT PIC QUOTE!!!!*************************************
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Thanks for the advice - although Im still not sure we have those, either. I'll take a look next time I'm at the store and report back! Apricots, tomatoes and thyme seem like a strange mix but I'll give it a go! Thanks again!

They're kind of hard to find in the US, too. I know they exist but they are definitely something you have to hunt for, not every store has them and usually only one name brand.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I had Spinach and Cream Cheese Salmon
    419459_10151659935775132_1157632966_n.jpg
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Chicken, peppers, onion, and broccoli stir fry over quinoa:

P1000520_zpsdd323251.jpg
  • Labouffecestbon
    Labouffecestbon Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Tonights Dinner:

Stuffed tomatoes.

Recipeeeeeee pretty please!
    How good was it?
  • idonteatchoy
    idonteatchoy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Dinner tonight! Quinoa, mixed veggies, chicken breast from costco, with cumin, paprika, pepper, mrs. dash seasoning, and cayenne pepper

image10.jpeg

What are the cooking directions for this?

I just cooked the quinoa half way, then added frozen mixed veggies and brussel sprouts, then added raw chicken and stirred it around until everything was cooked!
    By the time the chicken cooks thoroughly, the quinoa will be fully cooked
  • iWillGetCrowSomeday
    iWillGetCrowSomeday Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Care to share your beet burger recipe? Cucumbers included, though it looks straight forward enough. Thanks!

Not cucumbers, bananas. Sorry. But leaving cucumbers so when I revisit I remember I want to try cucumbers with chili powder. My memory...

Sorry! I just saw your post. The beet burgers are from Post Punk Kitchen: http://www.theppk.com/2012/02/quarter-pounder-beet-burger/ I didn't use fennel seed, and I subbed cashew butter for almond butter.

I topped it with plain Greek yogurt and a serrano pepper salsa. I'll have to get that recipe from my fiancé - that was his creation. He also made an amazing banana ketchup (don't make that face- I thought it'd be gross too. It was amazing, perfectly sweet and spicy). I'll try and post those tomorrow!

The banana was just sliced and topped with cinnamon :smile:

Edit for nutritional info:
    I made 5 burgers and one mini burger with this recipe (as opposed to the recommended 4)
    Calories: 206
    Carbs: 33g
    Fat: 4g
    Protein: 8g
    Sodium: 367mg
    Chole: 0mg
  • kokevendingmachine
    kokevendingmachine Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Wowowow. Okay, I've just had lunch but looking at these is making me hungry again. :))
  • kitsiekitty
    kitsiekitty Posts: 166
    Options
    tumblr_mnmgq7lmnG1stzlw4o1_500.jpg

baked salmon with lemon and herbs, grilled tomatoes and bell pepper for dinner. jam tart to satisfy sweet tooth!

also, recently started a new food blog so i could be more accountable for my meals by doing food logs everyday. gives me somewhere to chuck all my pictures too. :P

http://yummyomnom.tumblr.com/
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    not healthy... just yummy :)

i made about 4 dozen cookies yesterday. the ones on the right side are chocolate chip with pecans and the ones on the left side are chocolate and toffee chip with sea salt.

cookies_sm.jpg
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    they all look so good
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Bump! My cooking is terrible, but I am going to live vicariously through you all! :D
  • beforeafter135
    beforeafter135 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    could you share your rum pancake recipe please.
  • pocketmole
    Options

if you're talking about my banana rum pancakes - here you go :D

Pancake recipe:

Cook 1/4 dried steel cut oats according to package instructions (my oats are a quick cooking variety that use less time/water). When they are finished cooking stir in two tablespoons of flax meal and let sit a couple of minutes. (Note: I don't cook with eggs, which is why I add the flax meal. I know this is an unusual ingredient. You might try leaving it out and just adding an egg to the mixture. The batter would be a little thinner but they should still work just fine.)

Combine cooked oats with:

1 cup of milk (I used unsweetened flax milk but use what you want)
    1 large mashed banana (very ripe)
    2 tablespoons sour cream (use light for fewer calories or add a couple more tablespoons of milk for vegan)
    1 tablespoon spiced rum (if you don't have rum around, use a teaspoon or two of vanilla extract)

In another bowl whisk together the dry ingredients:

3/4 cup all purpose flour
    1/2 cup whole wheat flour
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 tablespoon white sugar
    1 tablespoon baking powder

Very gently stir the wet ingredients into the dry until just moistened. Do not over mix or your pancakes will be tough - using a gentle hand is important. I used a 1/4 cup measurement to make each pancake. Made about 10.

For the topping:

You can pretty much eyeball these ingredients but this is how I made it for 3 of us. I mashed half of a banana with about 6 tablespoons of maple syrup then heated it up for a about 10-15 seconds in the microwave. Stirred in a splash of rum. This made enough topping for about 3-4 people, depending on how much you want to drown your plate. :)
  • Bec_88
    Bec_88 Posts: 45
    Options
    Hi,

This looks really yummy, how many calories is it?

if you're talking about my banana rum pancakes - here you go :D

Pancake recipe:

Cook 1/4 dried steel cut oats according to package instructions (my oats are a quick cooking variety that use less time/water). When they are finished cooking stir in two tablespoons of flax meal and let sit a couple of minutes. (Note: I don't cook with eggs, which is why I add the flax meal. I know this is an unusual ingredient. You might try leaving it out and just adding an egg to the mixture. The batter would be a little thinner but they should still work just fine.)

Combine cooked oats with:

1 cup of milk (I used unsweetened flax milk but use what you want)
    1 large mashed banana (very ripe)
    2 tablespoons sour cream (use light for fewer calories or add a couple more tablespoons of milk for vegan)
    1 tablespoon spiced rum (if you don't have rum around, use a teaspoon or two of vanilla extract)

In another bowl whisk together the dry ingredients:

3/4 cup all purpose flour
    1/2 cup whole wheat flour
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 tablespoon white sugar
    1 tablespoon baking powder

Very gently stir the wet ingredients into the dry until just moistened. Do not over mix or your pancakes will be tough - using a gentle hand is important. I used a 1/4 cup measurement to make each pancake. Made about 10.

For the topping:

You can pretty much eyeball these ingredients but this is how I made it for 3 of us. I mashed half of a banana with about 6 tablespoons of maple syrup then heated it up for a about 10-15 seconds in the microwave. Stirred in a splash of rum. This made enough topping for about 3-4 people, depending on how much you want to drown your plate. :)
  • pocketmole
    Options
    The pancakes themselves are around 105 calories a piece. Most of the calories on the plate come from the sweet topping. A serving (like I showed in the pic on the first page - 2 pancakes with topping) is around 350 calories. I like it this way but you could always use a sugar substitute and something like cool whip with sliced bananas for the topping to cut cals. Not nearly as delicious though ;)
  • cheergirl1993
    cheergirl1993 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    bump for ideas!