What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• jelr
    jelr Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    IMAG0667_zps4fd6b849.jpg

Chicken Pot Pie Soup- Per Serving: cal 291 carbs 33 fat 7 protein 24

uploadedfromphonejan20137313_zpsf786109b.jpg

Chicken Vegetable Chowder- cal 229 carbs 18 fat 8 protein 19

Both are delicious and have different tastes. I have been on a soup kick since I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    This is the soup i make when i have greens i need to use up. We had two big bunches of swiss chard and spinach from our co-op basket, and I put both of them into this one pot of soup. It may sound (and look?) a little weird, but it actually tastes like a simple potato soup... just happens to be jam packed with veggies that give it a pretty color and nutritional value. :)

greensoup1_sm.jpg

Here is what went into it (sub whatever greens you like):

1 tablespoon olive oil
    1/2 onion, diced
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    1 bunch spinach, coarsely chopped
    1 bunch swiss chard, coarsely chopped
    1 russet potato, grated (you could dice it too, but I like how quickly it cooks when it's grated)
    2 red potatoes, diced
    2 light vegetarian italian sausage links, crumbled (obviously you could use regular sausage :))
    2 ounces of reduced fat cream cheese
    3-4 cups of low sodium stock

For seasonings I used a fresh rosemary, one bay leaf, some fresh thyme, and a tooonnn of black pepper for a nice kick. I don't have exact measurements on the herbs but I'd guess roughly 1 tablespoon of rosemary and a teaspoon or two of thyme. I put the rosemary in the skillet while I'm heating the olive oil, everything else gets thrown in when the stock is added.

Cook the onions and garlic in the olive oil for a few minutes. Add the shredded russet potato and a dash of salt. Let it cook with the onions and garlic for just a couple of minutes before adding enough stock to just cover the potatoes - more liquid yields more soup but a thinner base.

In another skillet (I used nonstick so I didn't need more oil) cook your diced red potatoes and crumbled sausage. Since I use a vegetarian sausage it is pre-cooked and I can throw it in together. If you're using meat you'll probably want to brown it in the pan first to make sure it's thoroughly cooked through, then toss in your tators. Season with a little salt and pepper. I kept the heat sooort of high so everything got a little brown and crispy around the edges.

Add all of the greens to the soup pot, stir and let it wilt for a couple of minutes. Remove the bay leaf, stick an immersion blender in there and puree it up until it is nice and smooth. Alternatively you could transfer the soup to a regular blender for this step, but the immersion blender is much easier if you have one.

Stir in the cream cheese until melted and add in the red potatoes and sausage before serving.

Makes 4 nice sized servings at 258 calories each.
  • jbond80
    jbond80 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Some of my meals this week!
    Biggest loser Lasagna!
    lasagna_zpsdfbd8ec1.jpg
    The money shot!
    moneyshot_zps8f2ae975.jpg
    dinner_zpsb3e275e2.jpg
    omeletwturkeybacon_zps60e79e72.jpg
    englishmuffin_zpsdba8a0e4.jpg
    Last nights dinner! Homemade soup! yum!
    homemadesoup_zpseb75f9af.jpg
  • jryepin
    jryepin Posts: 114
    Options
    Bump!
  • coreymoore1990
    Options
    You must share the calories in that Clam pasta linguini!
    I think my eyes fell in love when they saw that.
  • Keturahaku
    Options
    What!!!!! All this hefty meals? Please indicate the amount of calories per plate so i am not misguided, because I'm planning for dinner right now & I'm dead hungry!
  • momto62011
    Options
    thanks for the ideas everyone :)
  • cld111
    cld111 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I just had this for lunch:

DSC02801_zps4cfe6846-1_zps6b8f5a80.jpg

2 Cups Lettuce
    About 3 ounces of shrimp cooked in bacon grease
    1 slice of bacon
    And dressing made from veganaise, lime juice, dill & chipotle sauce.

302 calories.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    What!!!!! All this hefty meals? Please indicate the amount of calories per plate so i am not misguided, because I'm planning for dinner right now & I'm dead hungry!
    You are missing the point of the thread, clearly.
    It's not about weight loss and calorie counting. It's about showing pictures of what our meals look like. We're all here with different goals. No one is misguiding you - if you want to plan low-cal meals, go to skinnytaste.com :wink:
  • cld111
    cld111 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    My favourite lunch at the moment - poached eggs on toast with goat's cheese and spinach and sauteed mushrooms, drizzled with truffle oil.

I'm drooling. That looks fabulous!
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Chicken stew with green onions, tomatoes and some potatoes, 427 calories (guilty, I sauteed the green onions in some butter, so it could get less calories).
    fotografie0153x.jpg

Salad with breadcrumbed chicken and cocktail sauce, 388 calories.
    fotografie0150o.th.jpg

Raw spinach, bacon, croutons, roasted chicken breast, light cream dressing and some grana padano... 360 calories of pure pleasure.
    dsc0007plx.jpg
  • GetHotIn2014
    GetHotIn2014 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Wow, I can tell how much my tastes have changed since all the veggie salads, soups, etc are what's making my mouth water! lol
  • amills1152
    amills1152 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Not a whole meal but a nice little tomato/mozzarella/basil salad with balsamic drippings! Yum!

25iqb2o.jpg
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Melt in your mouth chicken with steamed veggies

85de210ac50c811233f0f3397810dbc0.jpg

http://myfridgefood.com/viewrecipe.php?recipe=20541
  • kazb0t
    kazb0t Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just realized that this thread seems to be a continuation of the other one? It's a little confusing as to which one is supposed to be used but I thought I'd post here as well, just in case.

i made a lentil stew, served it into individual ramekins, and baked it with a polenta and cheddar topping. the stew on its own is 156 calories a bowl. with the polenta and cheese it's 329 a bowl. super filling low calorie meal with protein and fiber. definitely going

Lentil Soup

2 cups dried lentils (i used spanish brown lentils)
    4 cups water
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1/2 onion, diced
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    1 serrano chile, minced (could use a jalapeno as well)
    1 cup shredded carrots (i coarsely chopped them so none of the pieces would be too long)
    1 large celery stalk, diced
    1 can diced tomatoes (i used garlic and onion petite cut but fire roasted would be a nice spin on it too)
    3 cups vegetable stock
    1 bay leaf
    1 teaspoon ground cumin
    1 tablespoon chili powder

Put the lentils, 4 cups of water, and a decent pinch of salt into a sauce pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes. At that point the lentils should be softened up a bit and they will have absorbed most of the water.

In a large pot heat olive oil, then saute the garlic, onions, and pepper in it. When softened add in the carrots and celery, cooking for a few minutes.

Add in all of the lentils (with any remaining water) and all of the other ingredients into the pot. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes. Depending on the sodium content of the things you use, feel free to salt and pepper more to taste.

When the soup is done cooking stick an immersion blender in the pot to puree 30-50% of the soup in order to make the "broth" nice and thick. If you don't have an immersion blender just transfer some of the soup to a regular blender and then puree it that way. You could skip the step all together if you're just eating the stew, but if you want the polenta topping you'll need it thick enough to bear a little weight - otherwise the polenta would probably just sink :)

Polenta Topping

1 cup polenta
    3 cups water
    1 tablespoon butter
    1 cup shredded cheddar

I like to cook my polenta in the rice cooker but you can do it on the stove top as well. Cook this while you are simmering your soup, as it will take the same amount of time.

Combine polenta and water in rice cooker, along with a pinch of salt for flavor - I used a little less than a teaspoon. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the polenta is a soft porridge-like consistency. Stir in a tablespoon of butter at the end.

You could spoon the polenta right onto the soup, but I actually filled mine into a piping bag and squeezed it into the bowls that way. Once the soup ramekins are topped with polenta, sprinkle a bit of cheese over each one.

I baked them at 400F for 15 minutes, but popping it under the broiler would work just fine too I think :)
    This sounds totally delicious! The pictures make it look soo good
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    pumpkin pie
    20130118_130822.jpg

emu steak
    20130118_201815.jpg

lamb & veggies dish
    20130118_201849.jpg

choc mud cake
    20130118_205201.jpg

blueberry cheesecake
    20130118_205216.jpg
  • kazb0t
    kazb0t Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Another seafood night!
    IMG_20130117_184353.jpg
    Made shirataki pasta again, with a sauce that's partway between vongole and alfredo, with mushrooms, onions, manila clams and one big tiger prawn! Poured on top of steamed broccoli and cauliflower, with a broiled parmesan yam on the side!
    In all, it was a very filling 585 calories!
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Do not have a photo. But you need to fill the bottom of your plate with boiled, steamed or cooked veggies. This replaces the rice or pasta or bread that you would normally have. You then put the small serving spoon of the main meal e.g. pasta, carbs on top.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Dinner tonight was another massive omelet with roasted veggies, spinach, some pico and loads of sriracha. Probably unnecessary but I felt like squash too, so I had it on the side. And by probably unnecessary, I mean way too much food to consume in one sitting :blushing: sounds a bit crazy but I think omelets like these are my comfort food.
    IMG_20130119_181836_zps00746cbb.jpg
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Acg67 is my mentor and this is dedicated to him. You can all blame him for this. My day thus far:

b66XUml.jpg?1

iY1icW7.jpg?1

naqmDYA.jpg?1

Wp7wZJJ.jpg?2

uHgYy3P.jpg?2