What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• JoKnowsJo
    JoKnowsJo Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Went way over on my allotment90k9ydfyk7bp.jpg
    for this, but could not help it, ultimate comfort food. Baked Linguine with meat sauce, zucchini, onions, feta, 3 mots, parm soft cheese .... Basically Sunday poor man's lasagna :)54fiwvc3kese.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Weekend Meals, finally remembered to take a few pictures:

Friday night pizza night - made them with the kids before watching Christmas shows:
    Mine was Mediterranean Pesto Chicken Sausage
    BFD0E25B-D92B-4F2E-8AC9-B8EAA2FCC3FD_zpsgq6aart9.jpg

Kids made a cheese pizza and a regular sausage pizza
    2CC33230-3C03-4181-928E-E34B7132F0C7_zps2xpv3cjy.jpg

Saturday holiday dinner with some friends. I had the fish tasting board.
    6EDA62CB-1E1C-4466-A17F-8AF148929542_zps8pyn2akr.jpg
    Left to right: Sesame seared salmon with chinese sausage and long beans, Thai curry ahi tuna with sticky rice and mango, basil crusted grouper with potatoes and greens.

Dessert I've had before - cinnamon sugar donut holes with maple bacon whipped cream
    313f6cdd-9f8c-4dc1-9d0d-3cde37c5dba6_zpsb25223df.jpg

Sunday brunch at a coffee house:
    Cappucino, Scrambled Farm Eggs, Whole Wheat Pancakes, Sausage and Rosemary Potatoes
    4CF42848-F740-45C8-9F5E-13F7F8FD59C7_zpsb17phpks.jpg

2E9A5507-FEC5-49C0-BCFE-6128D30C6E92_zpsxusry1yk.jpg

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    LCloops wrote: »
    Went way over on my allotment for this, but could not help it, ultimate comfort food. Baked Linguine with meat sauce, zucchini, onions, feta, 3 mots, parm soft cheese .... Basically Sunday poor man's lasagna :)
    This looks AH-mazing.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    Went way over on my allotment for this, but could not help it, ultimate comfort food. Baked Linguine with meat sauce, zucchini, onions, feta, 3 mots, parm soft cheese .... Basically Sunday poor man's lasagna :)
    This looks AH-mazing.

Seconded.

• BettJo64
    BettJo64 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    BettJo64 wrote: »
    CauliPizza with Turkey Pepperoni topping
    K, am I the only one who noticed the calorie free dressing? :|:\

I was actually going to make a comment about cauliflower pizza plus Walden Farms dressing = a plate full of sad... but I am sure there are plenty of people who would not enjoy or agree with the food I eat so...

This happens to be a very delicious meal to me and very much meets my nutritional needs at this stage of my weight loss journey. It's pretty sad to me that you find it necessary to make such a judgmental comment on someone's food posting as this is a sight for sharing and not a competition forum to my understanding. I personally have never posted a negative remark on anyone's meal of choice. Some people happen to be very strict with their carbs, calories, and fat content and might like to see what a cauliflower pizza looks like when cooked. The Walden Farms dressings may not be as flavorful or tasty as some other brands, but I know of no other dressings with nearly complete zeroes down the nutritional label except for a small sodium content. It's worth it to me at this time in my life to not focus so much on flavor; however, it is tasty to me.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options

I was actually going to make a comment about cauliflower pizza plus Walden Farms dressing = a plate full of sad... but I am sure there are plenty of people who would not enjoy or agree with the food I eat so...

This happens to be a very delicious meal to me and very much meets my nutritional needs at this stage of my weight loss journey. It's pretty sad to me that you find it necessary to make such a judgmental comment on someone's food posting as this is a sight for sharing and not a competition forum to my understanding. I personally have never posted a negative remark on anyone's meal of choice. Some people happen to be very strict with their carbs, calories, and fat content and might like to see what a cauliflower pizza looks like when cooked. The Walden Farms dressings may not be as flavorful or tasty as some other brands, but I know of no other dressings with nearly complete zeroes down the nutritional label except for a small sodium content. It's worth it to me at this time in my life to not focus so much on flavor; however, it is tasty to me.
    No one was judging you - just commenting that it wouldn't be her first choice. Nothing wrong with that. Especially since she ended that not everyone agrees with what she eats either.

The thing is, you're sharing your food choices (for comment) on the internet. Whether someone agrees with it or not, I don't think any of the comments were meant in a hurtful manner.

Enjoy your pizza and zero cal dressings, and continue posting as long as you're good with all types of comments! :)
  • BettJo64
    Options
    you say that was no judgment when she clearly said " a plate full of sad". that is judgment. but no worries because I surely will not be posting here again. the spirit of this forum seems unkind to me now. there are eyes that look upon this site and never post. there are low carbers out there looking for ideas...something different. I posted hoping to be helpful to those, not to be judged.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    you say that was no judgment when she clearly said " a plate full of sad". that is judgment. but no worries because I surely will not be posting here again. the spirit of this forum seems unkind to me now. there are eyes that look upon this site and never post. there are low carbers out there looking for ideas...something different. I posted hoping to be helpful to those, not to be judged.

I really am sorry. I didn't mean to offend you. I just am not a fan of cauliflower - in any form. I really am even less fond of the "let's pass cauliflower off into all sorts of other things" thought process. I also have never understood how a zero calorie dressing can exist in the world.

I know that people choose different approaches to this. I choose not to restrict any food but that may not work for everyone. I shouldn't have judged your food. It's just not for me.

• JoKnowsJo
    Options
    This looks AH-mazing.
    Thank you this is my favorite thread I like to see what everyone is cooking, keep it up everyone at least if I can't eat it, I can live vicariously through everyone's posts. :D

• JoKnowsJo
    Options
    Acg67 wrote: »

You eat like royalty, holy crap. I like to cook but I could never be this creative (I mean, if you are the one preparing it).

You know maybe it's Prince William in disguise, always wondered why there were so many headless, well defined 6 pack ab torsos on this site.... could it be??? B)

• mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options

I hope you do continue to post! I always enjoy seeing your food pics, and you often give me ideas. As for cauliflower, I love it in any form I can get it! :)

• CraigShift
    CraigShift Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    kjfrxelrwdjr.jpg
    Seitan Sammich with spicy pickles
  • mehwhatever
    mehwhatever Posts: 569 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    105dsht.jpg
    A whole mess of sushi and sashimi.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

You eat like royalty, holy crap. I like to cook but I could never be this creative (I mean, if you are the one preparing it).

I make everything except otherwise noted
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Gold Rush pancakes for brunch: buttermilk pancakes with bananas, pecans, caramel, streusel and whipped butter. Delicious and huge portion! I have a mansized appetite, but even I could only finish one slice.
    iapxhjd8z39j.jpg
  • Acg67
    Options
    Steak fried rice, flash fried maitake, sriracha butter

20141215_195143.jpg
  • Acg67
    Options

Perhaps attempt eating more than 900 cals a day and you can have some better food
  • BettJo64
    Options

Perhaps attempt eating more than 900 cals a day and you can have some better food

just proved my point of the unkindness happening here! hope all of you are looking at this and taking it all in. I've seen this happen with others on here...especially at this one's fingertips. The rude hurtful comments are uncalled for. You, sir, had nothing to do with this at all...and furthermore, my calorie intake has nothing at all to do with the picture of this simple meal and the rude comment that followed it. While there is absolutely no need to defend myself, I am limited with the amount of food I can eat daily due to gastric surgery. You should never open your mouth to things you know nothing about, sir.
  • Acg67
    Options

just proved my point of the unkindness happening here! hope all of you are looking at this and taking it all in. I've seen this happen with others on here...especially at this one's fingertips. The rude hurtful comments are uncalled for. You, sir, had nothing to do with this at all...and furthermore, my calorie intake has nothing at all to do with the picture of this simple meal and the rude comment that followed it. While there is absolutely no need to defend myself, I am limited with the amount of food I can eat daily due to gastric surgery. You should never open your mouth to things you know nothing about, sir.

Unkindness here, on the internet? Say what? And telling someone to eat more is unkind? Yes it certainly was intended that way, in way could someone actually make that comment and might actually have had your well being in mind, nope never could have happened
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    98ll01m4t4fq.jpg

Had coconut curry soup with cabbage and chicken for lunch. :) 358 calories and 6g net carbs. I wish I had more for tomorrow.