What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Tonight I made a sandwich with one of the scrambled egg muffins I made yesterday; and a salad of mixed greens, mixed sprouts, turkey, roasted beets, cucumber, red bell pepper, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, red grapes, raisins, green onion, pecorino cheese, garlic salt and black pepper.

qz0gjpw2ejmm.jpg
  • Teal4me
    Teal4me Posts: 104
    Options
    4izpishhp9km.jpg
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Acg67 wrote: »

You eat like royalty, holy crap. I like to cook but I could never be this creative (I mean, if you are the one preparing it).

I make everything except otherwise noted

Are you a chef?
  • JoKnowsJo
    JoKnowsJo Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    JL2513 wrote: »
    Gold Rush pancakes for brunch: buttermilk pancakes with bananas, pecans, caramel, streusel and whipped butter. Delicious and huge portion! I have a mansized appetite, but even I could only finish one slice.
    iapxhjd8z39j.jpg
    I am currently channelling my inner foodie through these right now dang :D
  • JoKnowsJo
    Options

You eat like royalty, holy crap. I like to cook but I could never be this creative (I mean, if you are the one preparing it).

I make everything except otherwise noted [/quote

Your food posts are amazing by the way, the wild boar dinner that you posted the other day, is that something a butcher can get easily and how does it taste?
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    :| Please don't turn a foodie thread into something bitter. The "sad plate" comment was uncalled for but apologies and explanations were made so no need to drag it on, please. Food is awesome in all forms! It keeps our tummy full and us alive so we should cherish it. Let's not argue over dinner, yeah?

ncsc11rajwc9.jpg
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Swiftlet66 wrote: »
    :| Please don't turn a foodie thread into something bitter. The "sad plate" comment was uncalled for but apologies and explanations were made so no need to drag it on, please. Food is awesome in all forms! It keeps our tummy full and us alive so we should cherish it. Let's not argue over dinner, yeah?

ncsc11rajwc9.jpg

agree.gif
  • kinmoratree
    kinmoratree Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    mygnsac wrote: »
    Swiftlet66 wrote: »

agree.gif

Indeed. Thank you for saying it and seconding it.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Are you a chef?

Nope, just a hobby
  • Acg67
    Options
    LCloops wrote: »

Your food posts are amazing by the way, the wild boar dinner that you posted the other day, is that something a butcher can get easily and how does it taste?

It's very similar to beef, little gamey, but not as gamey as let's say venison can be. I found it at my local supermarket
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options

Are you a chef?

Nope, just a hobby

How did you learn to make those things?
  • JoKnowsJo
    Options

It's very similar to beef, little gamey, but not as gamey as let's say venison can be. I found it at my local supermarket
    Really? Interesting even here in Colorado I have not seen it, I will have to try it thanks! Tonight I am thinking steamed mussels or fresh tuna with mint and coriander. I will post it :)
  • Acg67
    Options

Are you a chef?

Nope, just a hobby

How did you learn to make those things?

Self taught, i've read some books and blogs to learn enough that i can apply it to a wide range of food stuffs
  • Acg67
    Options

Really? Interesting even here in Colorado I have not seen it, I will have to try it thanks! Tonight I am thinking steamed mussels or fresh tuna with mint and coriander. I will post it :)

This company is local to my state, and is carried in the local super markets

http://www.dartagnan.com/meat-and-game/Wild_Boar,default,sc.html
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I thought the sad plate comment was hilarious, myself, and an apology was unnecessary. But I guess ONLY positive comments are allowed on everyone's pictures. Oh, the internet. >:)

Dinner was roasted poatoes and roast chicken with a caeser salad!
    ra0yd2ylb7qq.jpg

• JoKnowsJo
    Options

This company is local to my state, and is carried in the local super markets

http://www.dartagnan.com/meat-and-game/Wild_Boar,default,sc.html

Ha!...that is so funny I just placed an order with them for the wild mushrooms pack, and guess what I ordered the wild boar flank steaks... this morning, because when I asked this morning at Sprouts if they had it, the guy behind the counter just gave me a shrug, and then said "Nope, how about Emu?" A that's a no ... and it doesn't taste like chicken... :)
    Sorry no offense to anyone who likes Emu meat, or if you are a vegan, veggie... whatever...I just have not developed a taste for it, now a good buffalo steak, that is something I will cook anytime.

9vxun8cwug18.png

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    I thought the sad plate comment was hilarious, myself, and an apology was unnecessary. But I guess ONLY positive comments are allowed on everyone's pictures. Oh, the internet. >:)

Dinner was roasted poatoes and roast chicken with a caeser salad!

See, that's sad for me, not because it doesn't look delicious, but because it's so little food, lol!

I don't know, that cauliflower pizza actually looked pretty good to me. Like pretty much everything on this thread anyway.
  • DaivaSimone
    DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    The cauliflower pizza made me crave pizza. But the real one, with crust. Yum.

As for the emu, I had never taste it, but ostrich is relatively available in Quebec (not common, but you see sometimes ostrich burgers in pub, and I also ate ostrich meat in a fondue pot). I wonder if emu and ostrich have a similar taste, because they are really similar birds.
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Mini pies: Fat Elvis (chocolate, peanut butter and banana) and chocolate hazelnut
    Chocolate coconut bar
    Lemon basil blueberry scone
    3bwqm43jn75h.jpg
    lx67obg0qola.jpg
    ko96t2t7bxvi.jpg
  • JoKnowsJo
    Options
    The cauliflower pizza made me crave pizza. But the real one, with crust. Yum.

As for the emu, I had never taste it, but ostrich is relatively available in Quebec (not common, but you see sometimes ostrich burgers in pub, and I also ate ostrich meat in a fondue pot). I wonder if emu and ostrich have a similar taste, because they are really similar birds.

I bet they taste a lot alike I have not tried Ostrich either, if anyone out there cooks and likes either one let me know, I would not be adverse to trying it again. It was most likely not cooked correctly so I have a bad perception of it. :)