What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• reesrachel00
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    What is this? It looks delicious...

If your on about mine its cheese and onion pie, 624 calories for 1/8th of the pie, it was a deep dish so it was a decent portion and enough to fill me up, I had it with spinach, cherry tomatoes and red pepper. I just felt like cooking something warm and comforting. Worth every single calorie :)
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options

If your on about mine its cheese and onion pie, 624 calories for 1/8th of the pie, it was a deep dish so it was a decent portion and enough to fill me up, I had it with spinach, cherry tomatoes and red pepper. I just felt like cooking something warm and comforting. Worth every single calorie :)

Omg, that looks and sounds delicious!! If you don't mind posting, I would love the recipe!!
  • reesrachel00
    Options
    200g plain flour
    100g Flora light
    small amount of water
    3lbs potatoes
    2 onions
    200g cheese of choice (I used 1/2 Blackstick Blue and 1/2 Cheddar Light)

Peel 3lbs of potatoes and put in a pan of water, add two chopped onions and bring to the boil, simmer until soft (test with a fork)

For the pastry put 200g of plain flour into a bowl add 100g of Flora light (or any other light marg) and rub with you fingertips rub until they resemble crumbs.. make a well in the middle of the mixture and add a small amount of water, (I never measure, could try 1 tblsp) and then mix well with your hands to form a dough (I find cold hands are better to do this)... roll out onto a floured board and line your pie dish with it... fork your pastry and put into a preheated oven 200 degrees for 15 minutes (middle of)

When the potatoes and onions are cooked drain well and mash really well, then add 175g (you will need 200g in total, some to go on top of the pie) of cheese I used 75g of Blackstick Blue cheese and 75g of Cathedral City Cheddar Lighter, stir the cheese through well (you might want to add milk, I didn't to make it more creamier) take your 15 minutes cooked pastry out of the oven and spoon in the mixture - then finally use 25g of each cheese to sprinkle onto the top of the pie

Put back into the oven and cook until the cheese on top is golden brown, about another 10-15 minutes

Hope this makes sense lol
  • reesrachel00
    Options

Omg, that looks and sounds delicious!! If you don't mind posting, I would love the recipe!!

Sorry forgot to say grate the cheese :)
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    MMMMMmmmmmiso soup, with veggies, tofu and poached egg!

10993440_960615630617743_8295017282384344655_n.jpg?oh=c3cb37cff0fbd2ad6b87b02dc39c8d2d&oe=5560863C&__gda__=1430909664_a308b06c8df9212e2067fb2cb43341ea
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options

Sorry forgot to say grate the cheese :)

Makes perfect sense, thank you! Can't wait to try :)
  • Phaewryn
    Phaewryn Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Filling: 1 whole package (1.16 cups cooked, about 3/4 cup drained/pressed) frozen chopped spinach, 1.5 oz nasoya sprouted tofu plus, 2 oz matchstick carrots, 0.25 cup no fat cottage cheese, 0.5 tablespoon unsweetened coconut, 3 tablespoons eggbeaters, 1 tsp garlic powder, dash of salt.
    Crust: 0.25 cup whole wheat flour, 1 tablespoon oat bran, 1/2 tsp ginger powder, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, dash of salt, 1 tsp olive oil (+water to form dough).
    (shown upsidedown on serving plate, crust side up)
    nek0cm1taoqp.jpg
    In hindsight, I wish I'd used more spices/salt and increased the coconut to a heaping tablespoon, plus added another tablespoon eggbeaters. It had potential, but was too bland. Next time I will double the spices in everything, and add more eggbeaters. I don't think a teaspoon of parmesan would hurt anything either, might add that next time as well. I really like that I got tofu and cottage cheese in this, it was a much higher protein dish than I typically make myself, which is one of my goals, to eat enough protein.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Double cut chop, romanesco, creme fraiche, carrots

20150211_195230.jpg
  • Phaewryn
    Options
    Rutabaga fries! I'm totally going to try that! How did you manage to cut it like fries? I always struggle just to get a knife into a rutabaga, much less to cut it all prettily! They are SO HARD to cut when raw! I've been doing sweet potato fries and zucchini fries, this seems like a nice next step.
    For a challenge I had to try a new food. Here are some rutabaga fries that I quite enjoyed. I made a second batch for a D&D campaign just to finish off the leftover rutabagas. I thought I would be the only one who ate them, but turns out they were a huge hit!
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Beef teriyaki w/veggies (Healthy Choice Cafe Steamer) over steamed broccoli and spinach; a couple clementines.

kbtsk8bfsvqj.jpg
  • Phaewryn
    Options
    Here's snack2, last food of the day before bed. I had a craving. This is one serving banana nut granola cereal, topped with half a banana, and 1 tablespoon of extra unsweetened coconut, with 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk. It was wonderful, and I am not going to bed feeling deprived.
    zq6gsm5vo6om.jpg
    I will now "lock" my cabinet for the night and go to bed (I "sleep-eat").
  • 31flavors
    31flavors Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    nhysi4xrwut9.jpg
    Grilled salmon and roasted brussel sprouts
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    bump would love recipes
  • reesrachel00
    Options
    Phaewryn wrote: »
    Filling: 1 whole package (1.16 cups cooked, about 3/4 cup drained/pressed) frozen chopped spinach, 1.5 oz nasoya sprouted tofu plus, 2 oz matchstick carrots, 0.25 cup no fat cottage cheese, 0.5 tablespoon unsweetened coconut, 3 tablespoons eggbeaters, 1 tsp garlic powder, dash of salt.
    Crust: 0.25 cup whole wheat flour, 1 tablespoon oat bran, 1/2 tsp ginger powder, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, dash of salt, 1 tsp olive oil (+water to form dough).
    (shown upsidedown on serving plate, crust side up)
    In hindsight, I wish I'd used more spices/salt and increased the coconut to a heaping tablespoon, plus added another tablespoon eggbeaters. It had potential, but was too bland. Next time I will double the spices in everything, and add more eggbeaters. I don't think a teaspoon of parmesan would hurt anything either, might add that next time as well. I really like that I got tofu and cottage cheese in this, it was a much higher protein dish than I typically make myself, which is one of my goals, to eat enough protein.

I have never tried tofu, not for any particular reason. I think its time I tried, what is this dish called?
  • cazpom37
    cazpom37 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    my favourite weekend treat. omelette with new potatoes, red onion, peas and lean bacon and a rocket side salad.

3rc88u49no9p.jpg
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Acg67 wrote: »
    Obvs the whole dish looks good, but them carrots <3

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    Acg67 wrote: »
    Obvs the whole dish looks good, but them carrots <3

;) peel, halve, oil on med high, cook for 2-3 min, add a little water, cover and steam for around 15 min. finish with salt and lemon
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options
    Phaewryn wrote: »
    Rutabaga fries! I'm totally going to try that! How did you manage to cut it like fries? I always struggle just to get a knife into a rutabaga, much less to cut it all prettily! They are SO HARD to cut when raw! I've been doing sweet potato fries and zucchini fries, this seems like a nice next step.
    For a challenge I had to try a new food. Here are some rutabaga fries that I quite enjoyed. I made a second batch for a D&D campaign just to finish off the leftover rutabagas. I thought I would be the only one who ate them, but turns out they were a huge hit!

Hmmm, I have no idea, the ones I bought were quite easy to chop! I just peeled first, chopped in half, then into fries from there. Maybe they weren't as fresh? I've never had rutabaga before so maybe I didn't pick the "right" ones?
  • britt923s
    Options
    This is what I fixed for my family last night. Stuffed peppers with turkey, quinoa, tomato, onion, garlic & basil. It was really good,k259k4o2btsx.jpg
  • tlharin
    tlharin Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Made my colleague drinking a "slim fast" shake jealous: spiced black beans tossed with peppers, snap peas, and spaghetti squash with a bit of sour cream and hot homemade salsa roja, grapes <500 cal
    pqxcjg0xoq8y.jpg