What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• traceyfetterly
    traceyfetterly Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    :( I can't post a pic with my Android phone but tonight will be cauliflower crust pizza!!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    @JL2513 - What are the red and green things that look like grapes? I am intrigued. And all of your cookies make my mouth water!
  • sxs8447
    sxs8447 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • BaddS4
    BaddS4 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
  • jessesjourney78
    jessesjourney78 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    bioklutz wrote: »
    @Marieyeyeam - is that a chicpea salad? What is in it? It looks tasty!
    O

yes - its called Chaat

I'd love to know more about the chaat, I tried looking it up but nothing looks that tastey

• Frobie
    Frobie Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    08fdoorepary.jpg Vegan perogies with "bac'UN" bits and cashew cream.
  • cdgallagher943
    cdgallagher943 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    ^I'm sorry...
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    @JL2513 - What are the red and green things that look like grapes? I am intrigued. And all of your cookies make my mouth water!

@lporter229 Those are chocolates! Avocado pineapple (green) and chestnut cassis (red) :)
  • Marieyeyeam
    Marieyeyeam Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all, sorry I've been a bit MIA... Just started a new job which is turning out to be not as advertised it seems.....

That is Chaat in Pakistan. Basics of it are just boiled white chickpeas, boiled n cubed potatoes ( I just needed to get rid of the sweet potatoes that day though) sprinkle with chopped tomato, finely chopped green chili if like, chopped onion (if needed to mellow the taste sprinkle with a lil salt n kinda massage gently n rinse the salt off or alternatively I've known some people to sweat them a few secs on the stove or microwave), chaat masala (4convenience it's got all the spices in the blend containing sour mango powder, pomegranate powder sometimes, salt n cayenne etc), slightly whip some yogurt with ur spoon to make a lil smooth squeeze lime n salt to taste. Also it's kinda equivalent to croutons in ceasar salad, u can add deep fried chickpea/besan flour mini balls (batter is mixed with salt n pepper n pinch of baking soda) Mix it all together let the flavours marry in the refrigerator if u can wait or just dig in. A batch can last upto a week in the fridge.

*** Squeezing a slice of orange or just adding abt spoon of plain oj, tamarind chutney or cilantro mint chutney and extra chaat masala to be mixed right in or used as a garnish all taste great too. Just play around with this stuff until u get the profile that works for u***

Sorry, I just throw stuff around until I think it's edible enuff so no great cooking n measuring skills or records of recipes.
    bioklutz wrote: »
    @Marieyeyeam - is that a chicpea salad? What is in it? It looks tasty!
    O

yes - its called Chaat

I'd love to know more about the chaat, I tried looking it up but nothing looks that tastey

pgrprurwrohi.jpg
  • Marieyeyeam
    Marieyeyeam Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    ^I'm sorry...

Lol, consistency is key. That is a blank canvas... a little mrs dash, some hot sauce! Bam! On point

I'm not sure why but seeing ur meal I want boiled white rice with some ketchup n grated cheese heated up in the microwave n then maybe a teeny drizzle of Frank's red hot over top
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    gndz6ye8qn53.jpg

That meal just needs some:

giphy.gif

You know what you could turn it into? Khao Man Gai. Its a classic Thai street food, and if you make the sauce it wouldn't be high in calories but taste amazing:

Sauce
    • 50 g. ginger (old and strong ginger is best)
    • 50 g. garlic (peel the garlic)
    • 5 - 10 Thai bird chilies (depending on how spicy you want it)
    • 1 stalk of cilantro roots
    • About 3 tbsp. of fermented soy bean sauce (you can add more later if not salty enough, but it can be quite salty), if you can find the Thai version, that will be best)
    • 2 tbsp. white vinegar (normal distilled white vinegar, NOT apple cider or rice)
    • 1 tbsp. sugar
    • ½ tbsp. dark soy sauce (kecap manis)
    • About ¼ - ½ cup of chicken broth, but more if it's too salty or too thick
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    ^I'm sorry...

Lol, consistency is key. That is a blank canvas... a little mrs dash, some hot sauce! Bam! On point

Oh yes...hot sauce cures all :)
    @subcounter's Khao Man Gai sounds pretty yum too!
  • cdgallagher943
    cdgallagher943 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    subcounter wrote: »
    gndz6ye8qn53.jpg

That meal just needs some:

giphy.gif

You know what you could turn it into? Khao Man Gai. Its a classic Thai street food, and if you make the sauce it wouldn't be high in calories but taste amazing:

Sauce
    • 50 g. ginger (old and strong ginger is best)
    • 50 g. garlic (peel the garlic)
    • 5 - 10 Thai bird chilies (depending on how spicy you want it)
    • 1 stalk of cilantro roots
    • About 3 tbsp. of fermented soy bean sauce (you can add more later if not salty enough, but it can be quite salty), if you can find the Thai version, that will be best)
    • 2 tbsp. white vinegar (normal distilled white vinegar, NOT apple cider or rice)
    • 1 tbsp. sugar
    • ½ tbsp. dark soy sauce (kecap manis)
    • About ¼ - ½ cup of chicken broth, but more if it's too salty or too thick

Hold on to yer britches... next week is broiled pork and sweet potato! BAM