What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    @PaulChasinDreams

well done...yummo

rezzespxe6k9.png
  • Messanayah
    Messanayah Posts: 9 Member
    hgoe3kqil3ru.jpg

ribye steak spinach and cheese with sour cream
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    Homemade smoked brisket (wet brine cured in home toasted and ground spices and herbs for 8 days, then dried and spice/herb rubbed and cold air cured for 3 days then , then cold smoked for 14 hrs, then steamed to cook) sandwich on homemade rye/protein bread with homemade coleslaw, homemade mustard sauce and homemade garlic dill pickles. Curing and smoking foods is a labor of love for me. I smoke meats, seafood, cheeses, vegetables, even baked goods and pizza. Gonna smoke a cheesecake soon lol. :)

xkds3mdf5bac.jpg
    eppju9zfuwqd.jpg
    nvzo5nlqljaj.jpg
    2nkwqyr2twqh.jpg
    u67202wzskl2.jpg
    6jkqqx37g7r4.jpg
    1fko8vsockop.jpg
    c8eraobg7qf7.jpg
    dm7wb8kg31m6.jpg
    g2w5qc7kkqfu.jpg
    kzmu7p3rpv12.jpg
    yxvkikjhm68t.jpg
    7dth0v0gqia9.jpg
    6g9ccqnx45px.jpg
    26rgrbojj1dc.jpg
    bagasohhkurc.jpg
    7spp7oalg20h.jpg
    rh75dtk4bji9.jpg
    keefdlu8clkz.jpg
    decari7jy62m.jpg
    zeag07my2n8j.jpg

Are you a chef? 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • travelling_lots
    travelling_lots Posts: 377 Member
    @PaulChasinDreams impressive!
    Do you own a restaurant? Because my goodness you would have lineups. I don't eat gluten, but your breads look amazing.
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Are you a chef? 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
    Thank you! No I wish! Would love to own a little cozy restaurant on the water though some day. It's a dream of mine :) Fishing/the outdoors and cooking put me at peace :smile:

Your passion and love for it, shows! Keep putting love into your food 😊 and chase that dream!
  • PaulChasinDreams
    PaulChasinDreams Posts: 439 Member
    Do you own a restaurant? Because my goodness you would have lineups. I don't eat gluten, but your breads look amazing.

Thank you! I love experimenting with dishes/flavors. Have gotten into baking recently more than in previous years too. Experimenting with different flours and recipes lately. Sure saves a lot of $ making nice loaves cause the stores around us sell the good artisan loaves from $6-$10 per loaf!! So I take inspiration from some of the ones we really like from the local bakers and I tweek the ingredients to make similar ones sometimes with different flours and protein powders, cheeses, herbs etc..
  • travelling_lots

Thank you! I love experimenting with dishes/flavors. Have gotten into baking recently more than in previous years too. Experimenting with different flours and recipes lately. Sure saves a lot of $ making nice loaves cause the stores around us sell the good artisan loaves from $6-$10 per loaf!! So I take inspiration from some of the ones we really like from the local bakers and I tweek the ingredients to make similar ones sometimes with different flours and protein powders, cheeses, herbs etc..

--
    Well, you seem to have a talent in obtaining great results.
    Hopefully the future does hold you having your own restaurant.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Quick after-the-beach dinner: grilled BBQ chick breast pieces, black bean/veg concoction over brown rice, cucumber-onion salad.

ivilg0javsb5.jpg
  • travelling_lots
    Delicious!
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Chicken enchilada spaghetti squash boats vekanhs9fmm1.jpeg
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Yesterday’s crepes in Trocadéro at framboise Crêperie wda89rgczh8c.jpeg
    945b27106hv1.jpeg
    c795ajkx6uo6.jpeg
    g0apxuc3ntnw.jpeg
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    @PaulChasinDreams your meals are pretty amazing. Best I've seen so far. I can sure see you owning a restaurant.
  • PaulChasinDreams
    PaulChasinDreams Posts: 439 Member
    Steph38878 wrote: »
    @PaulChasinDreams your meals are pretty amazing. Best I've seen so far. I can sure see you owning a restaurant.

Thank you! :)<3
  • Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    Spicy ginger sesame beef bowl. On a bed of stir fried veggies.

zb9fq67tvx35.jpg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,602 Member
    Haven't quite finished making a not so authentic mezzes/tapas spread. We've got air fried roast cherry tomatoes, grilled courgette and aubergine, portuguese carrots tossed with toum instead of garlic vinaigrette, soused herring buried under parsley because my filleting skills leave a lot to be desired, whipped feta with sumac. Hubby will put together a prosciutto with melon later and we will have some homemade (bread machine) brown bread with that.
    9oc6rlb0vrem.jpeg
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    widgit808 wrote: »
    A very unhealthy meal on a recent trip to New Orleans. Grilled oysters, shrimp poboy and a Pimms cup. When in New Orleans all are a must!
    9zamj2d86oj0.jpg

Nothing is off limits when I go to New Orleans. Thankfully, my daughter graduated so there's very few future trips in the future. :)
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Made one of my daughters' favorites; homemade fresh Red and Marbled Chinook Salmon puff pastry pies. She's taking an interest in cooking and baking a lot lately too which is great to see :smile:

Marinated the salmon overnight in a wet brine then lightly poached in seafood broth, white wine, herbs and spices then mixed with baked then mashed Garnet Yams, nugget potatoes, sauteed onions, ginger, garlic, fresh herbs, spices, butter and heavy cream to fill the pies. Sweet and savory dish with food from our ocean and our garden :smile:

toy1e5eb60dm.jpg
    jptjs83cho72.jpg

Yum. I used to live in Washington State (as a teen, left during the Boeing-lost-SST economic collapse). Great memories of salmon fishing with my uncle. It's a pity my wife (native NJ) never acquired the taste for salmon (except for nova/lox), as it is my favorite fish among all seafood - and I love all seafood. We have salmon irregularly now.

Your food looks great!