What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    Greasy spoon breakfast and fast food pho for lunch.

ACPGEE your definition of a greasy spoon breakfast if very different to mine.... :D:D:D

news-graphics-2006-_615918a.jpg

(That's not my breakfast, it's a google grab, but my next bulk phase will feature something similar :p:p )

PS I now have smoker envy for two posters on here. I'm not sure one would be appreciated in a downtown apartment though.

• InfiniteInnerBeauty9190
    Options
    uezr2b1fwj3j.jpeg
  • travelling_lots
    travelling_lots Posts: 377 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    @travelling_lots
    Mom lives in Ottawa but meets me in Toronto because she doesn’t like the pressure of cooking and hosting when I come home. We’re staying at the Chelsea where the gym is actually better equipped than my regular gym at home.

What area of Toronto? I’m in Oakville. Have you been here? If your up to visit Oakville I can meet you downtown Oakville for tea if your up for it. It’s a beautiful area we can stick to the downtown core and walk by the water if you like. Hopefully not to hot for a walk or else just Starbucks

Come over to Mississauga for dinner at my place :)

Your cooking looks delicious and very tempting. Thank you!

If your up sometime to meet at a park and do a picnic and you can bring your wife or girlfriend so I'm not upsetting anyone and it's neutral territory. Than I would be up for that but when it's cooler. Right now I can't even think.

Others are probably thinking idiot!
    You’re turning down a great home cooked meal.
  • travelling_lots
    edited September 2018
    Options

@travelling_lots
    Thanks for the invite but my priority is spending time with my mom I’m afraid, as we live so far apart. I would take up the invite to eat at crazyravr’s. His food looks amazing.

Greasy spoon breakfast and fast food pho for lunch.

Oh no worries, I understand. I thought I'd invite so you and your mom both can enjoy the area.
    That way your still visiting together and had another area to check out.
    I do hope you guys are having a great time in Toronto.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    ElC_76 wrote: »
    Pinggolfer96 is that protein icecream?

Nope! It’s pressed juice freeze!
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Denny’s hookin it up with a bro meal lol. Plain egg whites and steamed veggies. zyv5rnstqev4.jpeg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,653 Member
    Options
    Griiled pork chop with braised cabbage, roast carrots, pickled mustard seeds, apple sauce and Madeira jus. For the Toronto peeps, if you ever need a decent meal downtown around Yonge and Gerrard, I would recommend the Elm Tree on Elm Street.
    hkgnqm7i2ipd.jpeg

• ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Options
    ElC_76 wrote: »
    Pinggolfer96 is that protein icecream?

Nope! It’s pressed juice freeze!

NICE!!, Super-duper nice!!
  • travelling_lots
    Options
    Griiled pork chop with braised cabbage, roast carrots, pickled mustard seeds, apple sauce and Madeira jus. For the Toronto peeps, if you ever need a decent meal downtown around Yonge and Gerrard, I would recommend the Elm Tree on Elm Street.

That looks really tasty!
    I'll keep that in mind. Once a month I meet a friend downtown and we go for dim sum, bubble tea,shopping, cinema, Starbucks for our tea. Done that for years. Maybe it's time to spice things up. Thanks.
  • acpgee
    Options
    @travelling_lots
    My mom is 82 so getting to Oakville is not very feasible given that she complains about traveling anywhere. But thanks and best regards.
  • acpgee
    Options
    @travelling_lots
    From old friends who are aging Toronto hipsters (musicians), Supermarket on Augusta near College in Kensington Market is a cool bar/music venue where bands play daytime on the weekend. Walking distance from Chinatown if you have a monthly dim sum ritual there.
  • travelling_lots
    Options
    @travelling_lots
    From old friends who are aging Toronto hipsters (musicians), Supermarket on Augusta near College in Kensington Market is a cool bar/music venue where bands play daytime on the weekend. Walking distance from Chinatown if you have a monthly dim sum ritual there.

Thank you!
    I just copied it to my notes to check it out definitely will keep it in mind
  • acpgee
    Options
    Anyone in Toronto area who wants to meet up and can get downtown Saturday Sept 8, I will be at the Grier Coppins gig at bar Supermarket on Augusta just south of College in Kensington Market. It’s a funk band from ex members of Rare Earth where the horn section consists of saxophone and bagpipes. Gig is 15:00-18:00.
  • widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    widgit808 wrote: »
    Smoked a bunch of wild trout fillets over the weekend after a brown sugar and salt brine with spices. Used alder wood in my Bradley smoker. 6 hours smoke and heaven.

5rl3ac3zdajd.jpg

9b1uohpm3wg7.jpg

Nice! What temperature do you smoke them at?

1h at 120F
    1h at 140F
    1h at 160F
    2h at 180F to finish.

I use the same exact technique for salmon. So moist and never ever dry.

Thank you! Very interesting technique...I will have to try.
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Those meals look gorgeous!
  • acpgee
    Options
    Warning to Torontonians. Avoid breakfast at the Pumpernickel’s chain. Eggs any style does not include poached or fresh boiled. If you don’t want fried the only option is cold hard boiled. Bacon and hash browns come from precooked vats.
    yac45p1fs0kc.jpeg
  • travelling_lots
    Options
    Sauted veggies, mushroom and fried eggs with side of savoury crepes for breakfast.
    obs0809bfgd3.jpg

Grilled jerk red snapper all for myself for dinner with roasted broccoli and parsnip fries.
    akdf629gc4mq.jpg

Meal prepped 10lbs of chicken drums and 10lbs of thighs in various marinades and grilled. Portioned and vac packed for lunches later. In the freezer they go.
    mazplgc2p1zb.jpg

All looks delicious!
    Love the prep work for the lunches.
  • acpgee
    Options
    Pesticos platters.mva51j0v0dj9.jpeg
  • InfiniteInnerBeauty9190
    Options
    Veggie Cous Cous
    d9upean1ead9.jpeg