What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• kcmcbee
    kcmcbee Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Pasta Scarpariello ( a Naples specialty) large tubular pasta, EVOO, garlic, tomatoes (I used canned peeled San Marzano), fresh basil, red pepper flakes, smoked cheese, and Parmigiano Reggiano. The cheese turns out creamy, it's in there, I just didn't want to exaggerate.
    I appreciate the added info! Yum!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,620 Member
    Options
    Roasted okra.

7zprufkvwtja.jpeg
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    ACPGEE ~ The fried okra we eat is cut into small pieces and coated in seasoned corn meal then fried. Almost as good as eating popcorn.
  • acpgee
    Options
    ACPGEE ~ The fried okra we eat is cut into small pieces and coated in seasoned corn meal then fried. Almost as good as eating popcorn.

I plan to try something like this soon. Thanks for the tip on using seasoned corn meal for that Southern vibe. When I bread things for the air fryer I like to use oily crumbs so will mix the corn meal with a little olive oil before rolling the okra in it. Much easier than trying to spray the crumbed food with oil.

https://abeautifulmess.com/2018/11/air-fried-okra.html
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    Pulled pork and asparagus.on4x83m8tjp3.jpg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Linguine carbonara and a side of green salad.
    7md29c6heolo.jpg
  • acpgee
    Options
    A little Eton mess from whipped coconut cream held back from last night's laksa, blueberries, and a meringue I made last weekend that was taking up too much space in the freezer.
    lwpn9f5jlgv2.jpg

• karimwaleed10
    karimwaleed10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oats Pizza ๐Ÿ• ๐Ÿ‹๏ธโ€โ™‚๏ธ
  • mjhurry
    mjhurry Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My cod looks different. She was wrapped hastily in rice paper, raw rainbow chard, along with a concoction of garlicky coconut-peanut butter sauce, various hot peppers, and a splash of coconut aminos. Sesame seeds inside and out.

And now? She's all just inside my tummy.

Yum! I'll try making that someday :)
  • acpgee
    Options
    @snowflake954. I love carpaccio.
  • VeggieMeg71
    VeggieMeg71 Posts: 205 Member
    Options

Sweet Potato, Black Bean & Lime Rice Bowl. After a very stressful day ๐Ÿ˜ข (daughter postponing wedding re COVID 19, venue being v.awkward re already paid deposit etc) this totally healed my soul! ๐Ÿ˜

447 calories of redemption!

So sorry to hear about your stressful day! Your dinner looks delicious!