What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Dinner on my night off. Steak, veggies, rice (not pictured). Delicious!huj80qwkl7sh.png
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    ACPGE I have notice that you and TOMEC both serve roasted okra. Since I am from the Deep South, the only way I have ever had it was breaded and fried in small pieces. How do you roast it?

Carol in GA
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,656 Member
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    ACPGE I have notice that you and TOMEC both serve roasted okra. Since I am from the Deep South, the only way I have ever had it was breaded and fried in small pieces. How do you roast it?

Carol in GA

I coat okra in olive oil by shaking in a plastic carrier bag or tupperware container with some salt. Typically put in in the air fryer at 200C for 15 minutes which is around 425F in a conventional oven. Roast whole with the tops cut off and select smaller fingers when buying or picking from the garden. You might want to give a shake half way if you are not roasting on a rack which gives the undersides exposure to hot air.

I plan to try okra coated in egg, and bread crumbs and air fried to imitate deep fried okra, but haven't gotten around to do that yet.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    t2tj6mi8abgf.jpeg
    Tortilla pizza on pumpernickel tumaros wrap <250 calories
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    goatg wrote: »
    Yesterday food prep (& key lime pie)

Hmmm should I go make bread or do abs?:)

die16f4508db.jpeg
    tahodyokeoy0.jpeg
    bkf7i5hoxphq.jpeg
    4b9dqr2r7w24.jpeg
    ox6hcan4wowb.jpeg
    2hji6k3znlod.jpeg

😍 WOW! Start the bread I’m coming for dinner !
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Pasta Scarpariello ( a Naples specialty) large tubular pasta, EVOO, garlic, tomatoes (I used canned peeled San Marzano), fresh basil, red pepper flakes, smoked cheese, and Parmigiano Reggiano. The cheese turns out creamy, it's in there, I just didn't want to exaggerate.

Your pasta pics have made me really want to focus on making more fresh and simple recipes. They look so good! Do you have the alone or with a veggie side/protein?
    acpgee wrote: »
    Steamed artichokes with hollandaise. Linguine cacio e pepe. Salad.

Great looking meal! I need to look up cacio e pepe. You post it often and it looks so good.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Athijade wrote: »
    Pasta Scarpariello ( a Naples specialty) large tubular pasta, EVOO, garlic, tomatoes (I used canned peeled San Marzano), fresh basil, red pepper flakes, smoked cheese, and Parmigiano Reggiano. The cheese turns out creamy, it's in there, I just didn't want to exaggerate.

Your pasta pics have made me really want to focus on making more fresh and simple recipes. They look so good! Do you have the alone or with a veggie side/protein?

Great looking meal! I need to look up cacio e pepe. You post it often and it looks so good.

I make pasta or risotto for lunch everyday. In an Italian household that's the way it is. Italians eat in courses and that's why my photos are always just one plate (we don't pile everything on one plate, you eat one course at a time). So, everyone takes as much pasta as they want from the pot, add what they like--red pepper flakes, grated Parmigiano Reggiano, or if I make a plain tomato sauce my sons might open a small can of tuna and put it on top. Then I have carrot sticks, and washed salad (sometimes different types) near the sink. If they want salad, they get a salad bowl and make their own. Salad dressing here is simple just EVOO, salt and wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar. Then there is fruit on the table and dessert (which can be just dark chocolate 72%). Now, I'm 65, and have to watch my portions. I might skip the pasta, and just make a big salad with cheese and ham, or just take a taste of the pasta, or my pasta portion is 50g dry. I might skip the salad to have more pasta. Or, there are leftovers from the day before and I will be finishing up something. It varies.

In the evening, I make a protein and vegetable. There is bread on the table, various cheeses, fruit and dessert.

I'm cooking for 4 to 6 people everyday, so I pick and choose.
  • acpgee
    Options
    Athijade wrote: »

Cacio e pepe can be a little tricky. I first ate it in a restaurant where it was divine, but I needed to make it a few times before I got it right at home. It is quite easy to split the sauce which in purest form is only grated cheese, pepper and starchy pasta water, so actually one of the least calorific forms of pasta with cheese. It's a little easier if there is a little butter or oil in the sauce. Nonetheless, failures are pretty tasty too. I use the one of the two techniques below. Important thing is the pasta and the vessel you make it in must not be too hot. The cheese must be very finely grated. I use the puree blade of the food processor to grind it to a snowy texture. I find the cheese melts best if the reserved pasta water is quite hot and starchy, so removed with a mug or ladle just before draining.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2016/nov/03/how-to-make-the-perfect-cacio-e-pepe
    https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/02/spaghetti-cacio-e-pepe-recipe.html
  • acpgee
    Options
    Seafood laksa. We have the ingredients for vegan eton mess if we get hungry later (some coconut cream I skimmed off before adding the resta of the can of coconut milk to the laksa, blueberries, a meringue I made last weekend that I needed to pull out of the freezer to make some room.

zk9kmt5aqh7r.jpg

• VeggieMeg71
    VeggieMeg71 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »

Carol in GA

I've not seen it roasted before either!
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    @amandaeve If that's "scrotums, cat turds, and vomit" then I'd have it often for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Your entire day of food looked super tasty!

Also, was that whipped cream on your post-ride smoothie?
  • MinTheKitCat
    MinTheKitCat Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Pasta & veg with roasted eggplant

q8pl4a1sqyhi.jpeg