What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• lexherrera
    lexherrera Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    baked salmon, quinoa, and sauteed mini peppers with a bit of pesto

78TOus3l.jpg
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat linguini with peppers onions garlic parsley olive oil
    wholewheatlinguinipeppers_zps8b99a445.jpg

Roasted chicken with rosemary garlic thyme and orange
    roastedchicken_zpsd99042de.jpg
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I hope that meal with that fattening steak and salad with all that dressing and ham isnt being advertised as healthy eating!

How is steak and salad fattening?

What's your definition of unhealthy?
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Perfectly roasted chicken breast and vegetables, with hot polish mustard and sriracha. Roasted 1kg of chicken and 2 huge trays of vegetables to last a few days.
    IMG_20130309_203337_zps424c2a21.jpg
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    stuffed mushrooms
    34o2ahc.jpg

turkey burger
    2njd5x.jpg
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    These are several meals over several days. Mostly suppers, but a few lunches as well.

Sausage-stuffed butternut squash:

6ebbf283-4e49-4209-8a41-2591cf0d22bf.jpg

Tonight's supper: seasoned tilapia over brown rice with pan-fried okra:

ae1ef128-84b3-44b0-9542-6d3f878921c4.jpg

Steak fajitas with three different coloured peppers, onions, and mushrooms:

2dd86aa8-004e-4186-9f9e-1b57b4307f15.jpg

Today's lunch: two soft-boiled eggs with buttered multigrain english muffin cut into fingers for dipping:

212f4498-90e1-4d8e-a50e-1fd190e18a83.jpg

Cajun-spiced shrimp tacos with Greek salad:

5509b38e-0dc0-4330-b005-23d6247dfa66.jpg

Cajun-spiced shrimp with Greek salad:

608bd643-4f8b-47a7-8aa3-b3878a43dc9d.jpg

Maple-glazed salmon with brown rice and lots of stir-fried veggies:

73b859dc-07c8-4798-ac95-b1ea65215c5a.jpg

Pastrami sandwich on a multigrain roll (there is more pastrami on there than it appears!):

a149bf16-3b5a-4f6a-aafd-672248fd330a.jpg

BBQ chicken pizza:

1a5900e1-a321-4f58-a72b-814af9eb5611.jpg
  • littlelily613
    Options
    for the chickpeas:
    i tossed with a teaspoon of coconut oil
    then sprinkled with:
    1 teaspoon ground cumin
    1 teaspoon chili powder
    1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1/2 teaspoon sea salt

Thank you for the recipe! I can't wait to try!! :)
  • littlelily613
    Options
    I hope that meal with that fattening steak and salad with all that dressing and ham isnt being advertised as healthy eating!

How is steak and salad fattening?

What's your definition of unhealthy?

It's not unhealthy! Some people....
  • MustachioNerd
    Options
    My phone takes bad pictures... :ohwell:

8n5Ps2Zl.jpg
  • Sandy3313
    Sandy3313 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    not to sound mean but I have to agree....looks delish but are they healthy for a person like me looking to lose weight?
  • littlelily613
    Options
    I'm not quite sure why everyone is picking on one meal when there are tons of pictures posted here that are not actually considered health food.

Not to be rude either, but the title of the thread isn't "show me your healthy meals" either. If that is what people are eating, then that is their meal. I am not quite sure how steak and salad is unhealthy either. I can't even find the pic, but I eat steak sometimes, and I don't find it unhealthy. Perhaps the salad dressing was low-cal.

Edit: WOW! I just found the picture, and I cannot believe that THAT is what people are complaining about! It looks healthy, IMO.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    not to sound mean but I have to agree....looks delish but are they healthy for a person like me looking to lose weight?

I can only guess you are both talking about the Steak and Caesar Salad that I posted last week.

All of the food that I post is food that I eat and I've lost 26kg (56lbs) so far. So yes, it's food that someone losing weight can eat.

I think when I posted it, I wrote that its what passes as 'fast food' in our house. In that context, it's a lot healthier than something from a drive through.

Losing weight is about a calorie deficit. That means you can have all foods in moderation.
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Sat down to watch a movie with a friend tonight and we pulled together the ingredients to make an awesome cheese "board". It had everything toasts, wheat crackers, kalamata olives, sliced tomato, cucumber, almonds, and red grapes with white cheddar, gouda, and cotswold. It ended up being my dinner and it was delicious. :D

cheeseboard.jpg
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

I can only guess you are both talking about the Steak and Caesar Salad that I posted last week.

All of the food that I post is food that I eat and I've lost 26kg (56lbs) so far. So yes, it's food that someone losing weight can eat.

I think when I posted it, I wrote that its what passes as 'fast food' in our house. In that context, it's a lot healthier than something from a drive through.

Losing weight is about a calorie deficit. That means you can have all foods in moderation.

When the hell did protein become unhealthy? You NEED protein. Not everyone is a vegetarian or vegan and so some get their protein through meat. And how do you know that the dressing is fatty? And did you know you DO need some fat in your intake? I'm guessing not.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

lolwut?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Context applies.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options

Context applies.

Context schmontext. Everything all about me, all the time!
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    8543183308_d69ff899ac.jpg
    Lamb steaks with veggies.

8543183684_8c292785dd.jpg

Chocolate avocado frozen mousse on frozen bananas - Flake bar crushed within.

8544314968_6187131746.jpg
    8543217771_d644502b58.jpg
    Slow-cooked buttered turkey legs with carrot, onions and sweet potatoes with tomato paste sauce.

8544315428_9d76488fae.jpg

Cottage cheese almond milk sludge with mixed berries.

No, this is for you.

pesto-peas-pasta-salad-3.jpg

Enjoy.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Lamb steaks with veggies.

Chocolate avocado frozen mousse on frozen bananas - Flake bar crushed within.

Slow-cooked buttered turkey legs with carrot, onions and sweet potatoes with tomato paste sauce.

Cottage cheese almond milk sludge with mixed berries.

No, this is for you.

Enjoy.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

Context applies.

I think that is perhaps too difficult for some to understand.

One can eat steak every day and lose weight. Ham? Of course - nice lean protein. Cheese? Yep.

If you think that steak, cheese and a little salad dressing is unhealthy please go and take a short nutrition class, your body will thank you.