What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• FitWithTiff
    Options
    That's just wrong...lol
  • roosterblue
    roosterblue Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It totally doesn't look appetizing in the making...
    644298_4970790979831_1627698302_n_zps3e11f624.jpg

But the end-product is superb!
    577286_10200649205182936_1864593937_n_zps0f4a70e2.jpg

These sweet potato burgers and indulgent and delicious -- and only 9g of fat!

417 calories
    91g of carbs (includes the bun and sweet potato)
    9g of fat
    21g of protein
    466mg of sodium
  • beatleschic87
    beatleschic87 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Scallop and spinach salad!

5ae722ad-3e61-45ed-b253-d81491eaabd2_zps3f893475.jpg
  • KimP202
    KimP202 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing everyone! it helps me to get serious about this process
  • haymancm
    haymancm Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    dbd90e84-48bc-4629-affc-2936fc4d9718_zps26c3908c.jpg

Santa Fe Wrap: Grilled chicken, lettuce, tomato, low fat mild cheddar cheese, avacado, grilled corn and homemade honey mustard wrapped in a South Beach Multigrain tortilla wrap.Soooo filling :tongue:
    Thanks for the inspiration!
  • CRichards22
    CRichards22 Posts: 120
    Options
    Bump for ideas!!!
  • jouergal
    jouergal Posts: 40
    Options
    bump for later.....Some great ideas!
  • Fr3shStrt
    Fr3shStrt Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Tuna melt made with homemade bagel and homemade pickles + sharp cheddar. om nom nom

Seriously want to know about these homemade bagels... I always thought bagels required industrial machinery and big vats for boiling...

(they look delicious!)
  • Change_is_Good_
    Change_is_Good_ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Yum! making me very hungry!
  • Calabrisellamia
    Calabrisellamia Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    This looks amazing!!!! I am scared to ask about the calories:)
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Tuna melt made with homemade bagel and homemade pickles + sharp cheddar. om nom nom

Mmm, bagels have been on my to-make list forever! Problem is partner can't eat them and I don't want to be stuck with a dozen of them.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Mmm, bagels have been on my to-make list forever! Problem is partner can't eat them and I don't want to be stuck with a dozen of them.
    Seriously want to know about these homemade bagels... I always thought bagels required industrial machinery and big vats for boiling...

(they look delicious!)
    Those bagels looks AMAZING!! I bet this was delicious. It literally has 4 of my favorite foods all in one :)
    @Howl_Shadowkn and giggitygoo- Can you please share your recipes? :flowerforyou: Thanks!

Thanks for the bagel love :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

They're really not any harder than making bread. No industrial equipment or giant boiling vats. I just boil mine a couple at a time in a saucepan with a couple inches of water in it.

Recipe makes 8 bagels (I'm going to try and halve it next time)

Here's the recipe: http://www.abeautifulmess.com/2013/02/everything-bagels.html

PS: for more authentic "NY style bagels" skip the egg wash and add malt to the water bath instead. I also sub high gluten bread flour for a better crumb. All purpose, or some combination of whole wheat and white will work fine too.
  • Fr3shStrt
    Fr3shStrt Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Thanks GiggityGoo!
  • Tmoney19
    Tmoney19 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    OMG this stuff looks delicious, i'vebeen missing out on so many meals to make and still keep it healthy!
  • erinelizabeth148
    Options
    Broiled Tilapia, mixed greens, with toasted almonds and walnuts, dried cranberries tossed in a red wine vinaigrette

IMG_2808.JPG
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    50/50 beef and maple breakfast sausage patty, smoked cheddar, bacon, fried egg and chili infused maple syrup on an everything bagel

IMG_20130312_182013.jpg
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Traditional big breakfast.
    Baked beans, 2x buttered toast, 2x fried eggs, bacon and a home made hash brown, all cooked in olive oil. Comes in at 700 cal and soooo worth it.
    2hgekvm.jpg
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Deep dish roasted vegetable and chicken lasagna - no noodles for this gal. Not necessary! Tall and handsome, I tells ya. It stacked high and was devoured! :blushing:
    IMG_20130312_193420_zps9ec998d9.jpg
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Deep dish roasted vegetable and chicken lasagna - no noodles for this gal. Not necessary! Tall and handsome, I tells ya. It stacked high and was devoured! :blushing:

That looks really yummy! Can I have the recipe??
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options

It looks great!