Hard Boiled Eggs aka gooey glob of gross

Options

Replies

• seabee78
    seabee78 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I wonder if there are other methods of preparing eggs

Hmmm...I wonder...
    Anyways... I need something quick to grab, go and eat. I can't whip up some scrambled eggs or an omlet at work. Unless you know how to prepare those using a microwave? I'm not a huge fan of "re-heating" scrambled eggs or omlets.
    Thanks for you wise input though. :wink:

I've made microwave "scrambled eggs" at work before. Just lightly grease the inside of a mug with butter, scramble an egg in it and microwave for 2 mins.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options

Hmmm...I wonder...
    Anyways... I need something quick to grab, go and eat. I can't whip up some scrambled eggs or an omlet at work. Unless you know how to prepare those using a microwave? I'm not a huge fan of "re-heating" scrambled eggs or omlets.
    Thanks for you wise input though. :wink:
    you can totally scramble eggs in a microwave.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Dont like eggs? Don't eat eggs.

Ditch the nutritionist and find a registered dietitian.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I love my gooey, smelly globs of grossness!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I don't eat eggs, and somehow I've prevailed. I eat healthy foods, live an active life, feel good, look good, etc.

For protein, I eat dairy (yogurt/cheese) and lean meat. I don't have to to eat eggs to be healthy. For the record, I think hard-boiled eggs are like sulfurous, slimy, super-bounce balls.

I'd find a nutritionist who is more realistic and accepting of dietary preferences. There have to be some flexible alternatives.
  • _KATzMeow
    _KATzMeow Posts: 336 Member
    Options

nope, just hard boiled.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I know you said you don't like to reheat them but what I do is scramble two eggs with a big handful of baby spinach and some chopped up grilled chicken the night before and then heat it up at work for lunch. I eat this almost every day. Sometimes I'll also put some rice in with all the stuff.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Ok, so my nutritionist insticts tell me I NEED hard boiled eggs. Good protein..yada, yada, yada. My problem is, I can't stand the texture of them. I can deal with the taste, but the texture just reminds me of eating a gooey, smelly glob of grossness. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas to make this better? Thanks!

Why do they have to be hard-boiled? Scramble them or something else. Or get those nutrients from some other food.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I put them in my salads, yum

Hmmm..that may be a good idea actually.
    Thanks for everyone who gave me other great ideas too. :-D For those of you that gave me other ideas, do you have recipes you follow?

I make egg salad too, I put two eggs, some spicy mustard and little bit of light mayo and pepper. Put it ontop of salad, or a pita, or low fat bread....endless ideas. Or i scramble mine with some light cheese, splash of skim milk, pepper, and red pepper flakes and enjoy. Can add veggies too
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I love my gooey, smelly globs of grossness!

i love it too.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Ok, so my nutritionist insticts tell me I NEED hard boiled eggs. Good protein..yada, yada, yada. My problem is, I can't stand the texture of them. I can deal with the taste, but the texture just reminds me of eating a gooey, smelly glob of grossness. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas to make this better? Thanks!

I've never found them to be gooey, but that might just be a misunderstanding in how you think of gooey as opposed to how I do. :)

I actually love the things! I think they're better cold though. Maybe use them in a salad or something?

ETA- or forgo this preparation altogether. Poached is actually a good method if you don't want to add fat. It's my favorite way to have them, actually. :D
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken, cottage cheese, protein shakes, greek yogurt...all excellent sources of protein.

Doesn't have to be solely eggs.:wink:
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs aren't gooey...are you thinking soft boiled??
    After they are boiled, you peel the shell and it's gooey. At least to me it is. lol.

Properly hard-boiled eggs shouldn't be gooey. If they are, they haven't cooked long enough. My trick for a perfectly cooked hardboiled egg is to set the timer for 13 minutes. I place the egg in the water (I don't wait until the water is boiling, put it in there cold) and after 13 minutes, turn the heat off, start cooling things off with running cold water in the pan. I let the egg sit in cold water (changing it, because the heat from the egg warms it) and when the egg is reasonably cool, only then do i peel it. Both the white and the yolk are firm.
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kitchen-Craft-Microwave-Cookware-Omelette/dp/B001RN5AEU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355934748&sr=8-1

I've used this for years at work.

Scrambled eggs are the easiest thing ever in a microwave (Sshhs, my man is a chef and will shout at me!!) Just whisk up a couple of eggs and a dash of milk in a jug and cook on full power until you see them start to puff up.
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    I you don't like 'em, don't eat 'em.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    After they are boiled, you peel the shell and it's gooey. At least to me it is. lol.
    You're not doing it right.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

What is your definition of "gooey"?
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 every morning because they are easy and fast....don't find them gooey though :indifferent: once water is boiling..boil for 7 minutes perfect and easy to peel.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    For the record, I think hard-boiled eggs are like sulfurous, slimy, super-bounce balls.

:laugh:
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options

My eggs have the same texture as boobs. Not gooey just squishy. Mmm squishy.