Hard Boiled Eggs aka gooey glob of gross

Options

Replies

• mtiheartmuscle
    Options
    I know you said you don't like to reheat them but what I do is scramble two eggs with a big handful of baby spinach and some chopped up grilled chicken the night before and then heat it up at work for lunch. I eat this almost every day. Sometimes I'll also put some rice in with all the stuff.

Thank you for this idea. :flowerforyou:
    Maybe I need to try mixing them with other foods to make the food blend and taste better. I had to do the same with Cottage Cheese. It took me months to figure out how to prepare my cottage cheese where I wouldn't gag while eating it. lol.
  • mtiheartmuscle
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs aren't gooey...are you thinking soft boiled??
    After they are boiled, you peel the shell and it's gooey. At least to me it is. lol.

My eggs have the same texture as boobs. Not gooey just squishy. Mmm squishy.

LOL! :laugh:
  • mtiheartmuscle
    Options
    After they are boiled, you peel the shell and it's gooey. At least to me it is. lol.

What is your definition of "gooey"?
    Maybe I used the wrong word. I like the mushy boob quote. lol. That's pretty accurate actually.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I can't eat eggs either. My brain insists they are poison unless they are in cake. So that's my suggestion to you - Eat more cake.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I can't eat eggs either. My brain insists they are poison unless they are in cake. So that's my suggestion to you - Eat more cake.

win-win
  • Jimaudit
    Jimaudit Posts: 275
    Options
    We take 2 eggs, a little half and half, a few spices and throw it in the nuker in a glass dish. My 3 y.o. daughter loves them and they are quick and can be prepared the night before (just not cooked).
  • elka67
    elka67 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Spanish omelette aka tortilla - with potatoes or any type of veg you want inside. Good chilled or reheated.
    Egg fried rice - also cold or reheats well.
  • bizorra
    bizorra Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You can prepare scrambled eggs in a microwave... whisk the egg solo in a ramekin or small bowl and microwave for 30-60 s - trial and error may be required for cooking time.

I make crustless quiche that reheats quite nicely, and have made mini muffin tin quiches that I freeze and reheat and also turn out quite nice.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Eggs are gross as hell, yet I enjoy them on breakfast sandwiches.
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Easy fix for on the go eggs: Just pop that sucker in the microwave (no need to wrap it as it's in its own casing) on high for 3:00. Shell should just peel right off with no mess/no fuss.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I don't eat meat, so I cut up a hard-boiled egg to put on my salads for some protein. I don't generally just eat an egg alone, though I do like them that way, too.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options

If its gooey you are doing something seriously wrong.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I feel like you're making "Medium Eggs" are the yolks like kind of a deeper yellow color?

The best method I've found is to add COLD water to a pot. Add a little salt or baking soda (keeps them from cracking/make them easier to peel), bring to a FULL boil. Turn down the heat and let simmer for an additional 4-5 minutes.Turn off heat and cover. Let stand for another 10-15 minutes.

When done, put in bowl of ice water to cool down.

I suggest waiting to eat them cos I don't like hard boiled eggs unless they are cold cos they are kind of slimey when warm.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    there is no essential NEED to eat any 1 singular food item.

If you want protein and omega-3's eat some salmon or something.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

uhhhh..pretty sure you are doing it wrong

the name HARD boiled has meaning
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options

Then don't eat them.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Egg salad. Use the Smart Balance light mayo.

Yum!.....Sometimes I put it on toast in the morning.
  • geekpryncess
    geekpryncess Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Try this recipe:

http://pinterest.com/pin/174584923025078017/

It's a good way to eat an egg, without it seeming "eggy" lol
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

They should still be firmer than a mooshy boob.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options

They should still be firmer than a mooshy boob.

These also shouldn't be gooey...unless that's what you're going for.