Hard Boiled Eggs aka gooey glob of gross

Options

Replies

• Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    there is no essential NEED to eat any 1 singular food item.

If you want protein and omega-3's eat some salmon or something.

nom.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I was indifferent about eggs until I scrambled some in coconut oil. Nom nom nom.
  • mjslazak
    mjslazak Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    How about egg muffins? Scramble some eggs, throw in some chopped veggies, and then pour into a muffin tin (or use the aluminum muffin tin liners). You can also add bacon to the bottom of the tin, if that's your thing. Bake for around 15-20 and you have a good to-go breakfast or snack (better warmed of course, but not bad cold).

I also do enjoy my hard boiled eggs on salad rather than on their own.

To good health!
  • mommyshortlegs
    mommyshortlegs Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    If you're determined to consume eggs hard-boiled as opposed to scrambled or in another form which might be less unappealing to you, you might be interested in this guide to achieving a hard-boiled egg according to your textural tastes -- my "perfect" hard-boiled egg is the 7-minute:

http://norecipes.com/blog/perfect-boiled-eggs/
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I wonder if there are other methods of preparing eggs

Hmmm...I wonder...
    Anyways... I need something quick to grab, go and eat. I can't whip up some scrambled eggs or an omlet at work. Unless you know how to prepare those using a microwave? I'm not a huge fan of "re-heating" scrambled eggs or omlets.
    Thanks for you wise input though. :wink:

crustless quiche (in other words cupcake omlettes), you can make 6 - 12 at a time in advance. mix all ingredients for an omlette, pour into greased or lined cupcake tin, bake, cool, grab and go (can be reheated). As for an omlette in a microwave: grease cup or bowl, place in egg and fixings, microwave on high for 1 minute, stir, microwave on high in 30 second intervals until done.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Easy fix for on the go eggs: Just pop that sucker in the microwave (no need to wrap it as it's in its own casing) on high for 3:00. Shell should just peel right off with no mess/no fuss.

cm-11753-15020179beb87b.gif

bad skitty... bad.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Solution: Baked Egg Cups. The original recipes is below but I just get those Oscar Mayer deli think slices (the black forest ham is my fave), slap them in the muffin tin (after spraying it with Pam), plop an egg on top and bake 'em up. No cheese or spices needed IMHO. And I don't bother to reheat them, just eat them cold.

Baked Egg Cups
    From TheSimpleDelights.com

Ingredients:

12 Eggs
    12 thin slices of deli ham (round)
    1/2 Cup of your favorite cheese (I used Parmesan)
    1/2 Cup diced scallions
    Fresh cracked Sea Salt and Pepper

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 400. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Lay a piece of ham in each hole creating a little ham cup. Crack one egg into each hole and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Bake the eggs for about 12 minutes…until the white is firm and the yolk is still nice and runny

Carefully remove each egg from the muffin tin and top with grated cheese and scallions. Serve hot!

Yield: 12
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Never had gooey hardboiled eggs

The only gooey eggs I have had involved brie, ham and asparagus.

And that was heaven.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

Hmmm...I wonder...
    Anyways... I need something quick to grab, go and eat. I can't whip up some scrambled eggs or an omlet at work. Unless you know how to prepare those using a microwave? I'm not a huge fan of "re-heating" scrambled eggs or omlets.

Yes...you can crack an egg in a microwave-safe bowl, scramble it up, and microwave for 30 second increments until it's cooked.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Why would you eat something you don't like? There are other sources of protein.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

Hmmm...I wonder...
    Anyways... I need something quick to grab, go and eat. I can't whip up some scrambled eggs or an omlet at work. Unless you know how to prepare those using a death box? I'm not a huge fan of "re-heating" scrambled eggs or omlets.

Yes...you can crack an egg in a death box-safe bowl, scramble it up, and death box it for 30 second increments until it's cooked.

fixed it for you
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs aren't gooey...are you thinking soft boiled??
    After they are boiled, you peel the shell and it's gooey. At least to me it is. lol.

I think you're cooking them wrong...
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I chop up a hard boiled egg and mix it with a can of tuna.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Why would you eat something you don't like? There are other sources of protein.

My work breakfast is 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt (usually vanilla) and a cup of Kashi Go Lean. More protein than an egg and has lots of fiber to boot.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

Hmmm...I wonder...
    Anyways... I need something quick to grab, go and eat. I can't whip up some scrambled eggs or an omlet at work. Unless you know how to prepare those using a death box? I'm not a huge fan of "re-heating" scrambled eggs or omlets.

Yes...you can crack an egg in a death box-safe bowl, scramble it up, and death box it for 30 second increments until it's cooked.

fixed it for you

Ah perfect.
    Thanks so much
  • Aello11
    Aello11 Posts: 312 Member
    Options

Hmmm...I wonder...

I've made microwave "scrambled eggs" at work before. Just lightly grease the inside of a mug with butter, scramble an egg in it and microwave for 2 mins.

^^^ this although I use a spray intead of butter
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    What about deviled eggs, with some relish and mustard? Couldn't be too bad, right?

This! Can whip some up and take them to work for a couple days. From Skinnytaste.com:

Deviled Eggs
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 2 halves • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 3
    Calories: 96.8 • Fat: 7.5 g • Carb: 1.0 g • Fiber: 0.0 g • Protein: 6.3 g • Sugar: 0.3 g
    Sodium: 156.1 mg

4 large hard boiled eggs, cooled and peeled
    2 tbsp low fat mayonnaise
    1 tsp dijon mustard
    paprika
    salt and fresh pepper to taste
    2 tbsp chopped chives

Cut eggs in half longways. Remove yolks and put them in a bowl. Add mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir well and pipe them back into egg whites. Top with chopped chives and paprika.
  • kimmeyjo
    kimmeyjo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I lhate the yolk of the egg so I just eat the white and they are only around 15-18 calories per egg which means I can eat several of them without feeling guilty. Also you can microwave scrambled eggs. Instead of using butter, use fat free nonstick spray. I use one full egg with two egg whites. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    what about low fat mozereella sticks?

Low fat mozzarella sticks = eggs nutritionally?

*sigh*
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

perhaps you can get a government grant to fund that research...