Keep Your Curves

Options
Ladies as we're all on a weight loss journey. Keep your curves, do not let the media define what is sexy for you. I see a lot of celebrities who we're all ready slim & trim, getting smaller and losing their sexy curvy figures. I can see how excercising and eating right can be addictive (but let's not trade in one addiction for another). I hate taking my rest day, I feel like I missed a week. In my opinion as females we should have a little something to hold on too. Although I want to be fit, I still want to keep some of my thickness. All that was to say, Keep your Curves we do not have to be a size 0 to be Sexy. People sure are sensitive, I was stating my Opinion, I wasn't saying that if you are a size 0 you're not sexy or if you're are muscular you're not attractive. I think curves are sexy so I posted about them. You do what is right for you, that is the whole point of the post. Get over yourself, it's not about you. All that Contention is showing your insecurities. These post are meant to be fun, I did not mean to offend anyone. Please stop taking things personally, I don't even know you

Replies

• tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I don't really have any curves. Just some belly fat. I'd rather not keep that, actually.

But thank you, I do understand what you meant. I just hate the use of the word 'curves'. Curves to me are a shape, not a body fat percentage.
  • MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Word. Even when I was a size 0 (as a very young teenager), I still had a "gymnast" shape and 15+ years later, it's not going ANYWHERE!! :tongue:
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Every body is unique. Personally, I could never achieve the runway type figure. My curves are defined by the width of my hipbones and shoulders, and no amount of fat loss will ever change those. But that's no reason to imply that type of figure is somehow less than a curvier one.
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I completely agree. Right now, I have too many curves in all the wrong places. Getting better though. Really liking what I see in the mirror. Hollywood is too thin and I just want to be healthy!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I've lost 55lbs so far and kept my curves! I think my hips and boobs are here to stay!
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I like my curves too. I want to have boobs and booty while being healthy. I'm not looking for thigh gap or visible ribs. Until I came to MFP, I hadn't even realized that was a goal for some. I must have been living under a rock.
  • StephCoff1969
    Options
    Amen sister from another mother... I have always had hips even when I was a teen... They are not going anywhere... I love my curves, just not all the fat that I have added to them... :wink:
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    You don't have to have curves or be a size 0 to be sexy. Sexy is a not a shape.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    This thread will not go well. If your body type is "curvy" as in an hour glass type shape, you'll be "curvy" no matter what size you are. Curvy (as defined above) is not sexier than any other body type. If a woman wants to be ripped and muscular, that is her perogative and I guarantee there is someone out there who will find her sexy. If she wants to keep those "few extra pounds," again someone will find her sexy. This thread will not go well.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

Thank you. I was reading this, shaking my head and thinking the same thing.

Good for you for getting healthy and working towards the body that YOU find desireable. I'll get healthy and work on the body that I find desireable.

Everyone wins.
  • lglg11
    lglg11 Posts: 344 Member
    Options

^THIS!
  • tricelive
    tricelive Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Well, I really meant curves not body fat, I was speaking to women who have a natural curvy figure, you know they have a shape, and are so obessed with getting skinny, that they're losing their shape. Speaking for myself, I was always very shapely even as a big -big girl, however, the excess fat was covering my God-given design and I want to live life at my full potential. So I am saying just don't get obsessed with it, my husband is even watching me closely, telling not to get to small. It is great to see my old figure coming back, and not having to tell my daughter "you should have seen me when I was young" I can say look at me now. So maybe this post wasn't for everyone, but I hope that everyone can take from it, lose weight to be what you want to be. I like curves so I posted about them, if you're are muscular good for you, I am not hating. If you're are straight up & down good for you too.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I honestly appreciate the sentiment, but I was never really curvy to begin with, just fat. Now I'm slim, and not very curvy. Which I'm fine with. I would be curvy if I got to choose, but I don't. I always felt the pressure in society to be slim, I'm just beginning to realise how much pressure there is to be curvy, too. Not much I can do about that one.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Look how you want to look. Make yourself happy.

You can be sexy with more curves than a windy road, you can be sexy at a size zero with an A-Cup.
    Sexy is how you carry yourself. It's how you treat yourself, it's how you feel about yourself.

Let's stop trying to create these "size wars" between women. We're all beautiful and worthwhile, otherwise we'd all be made the same exact damned shape and weight.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Well, I really meant curves not body fat, I was speaking to women who have a natural curvy figure, you know they have a shape, and are so obessed with getting skinny, that they're losing their shape. Speaking for myself, I was always very shapely even as a big -big girl, however, the excess fat was covering my God-given design and I want to live life at my full potential. So I am saying just don't get obsessed with it, my husband is even watching me closely, telling not to get to small. It is great to see my old figure coming back, and not having to tell my daughter "you should have seen me when I was young" I can say look at me now.
    Why only speak to one group of women?
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    If you are truly a curvy person, you will stay curvy no matter what your weight is. If you are not a curvy person and only "appear curvy" when you're heavy, you will no longer be "curvy" when you loose weight.

Both ways are okay. Really.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I've been curvy, ever since puberty and I loved it. I would love to have a discernible waist, again lol. I will never be super thin, but I want to be at a healthy body fat %. And muscles. I want to be stronger.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty tiny, but have curves. It wasn't really my choice to have them or not, but I do love them!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    You don't lose your shape since that was genetically set at conception. You lose body fat. So in essence you're saying don't get too skinny.
    But everyone has a preference on how they want to look.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Baloostika
    Baloostika Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Oh! That's so true, what's a woman without curves, they mustn't be too much but I mean a woman needs some definition. As I lose weight I sem to get shapelier with some hips I never knew I had, I love them and don't want to EVER lose 'em.