Keep Your Curves

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm just saying that bones are not attractive.

By whose definition and what do you consider too skinny? I, personally, don't want the muscular, "fit" look for myself. Nothing wrong with it in general, but it isn't what I'm going for. I do actually want to be skinny.
  • tricelive
    tricelive Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Why take this post or any personally? Love Thyself and no one can define you:heart:
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    "Bones are for the dog, meat is for the man!"

I wish every woman who said this was forced to live a year in the body of a tomboy and had to sit and remain silent while curvy girls bashed her heredity. in public. like in writing published on the internet in front of her face.

Oh don't get so offended easily. Same for onegonzogarba.

Curves are sexy, that is MY opinon. If you don't like it oh well. I'm not saying some people don't find skinny boney types attractive, clearly they do. Hell, some people find people that are 500lbs plus sexy! It's their opinion. If you can't take peoples opinions don't go online. Simple as that.

Now put your big kid panties on and accept people have opinions. If I think fit or curvy is sexy so be it, if I thought bones were sexy, good for me too. If you think one thing is sexy and another not, good for you! So stop being so offended by another perons opinion!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I understand what you're trying to say, and there's a very good message beneath that I think (never bow to societies views about beauty standards) However, I think "curves" are something you have mostly because of your body type. Some people can be really thin, but still curvy as they have wide hips etc. Some people can be overweight but straight up and down.

For me, I've trying to create a curvy figure, through muscle. As even when I was bigger and uncomfortable with my body, I was a bit up and down.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I love what you're saying here OP. I agree, you don't have to be a size 0, not even a 3 or 4 to be sexy. My goal is a size 8 or 9, something reasonable where I can still have some thickness myself. I don't want muscles, I don't think they'd look right for me. For those that have them and love them on theirself, good for you. But me, I think muscles would just make me look too many. I want to be some what soft.

But hell! Curves are beautiful! There's a difference between curves and fat though, and right now, I have fat. But I want curves, not bones. "Bones are for the dog, meat is for the man!"
    Oh good gravy. Did you have to. Do you have any idea how insulting parts of this are? ANY IDEA?

muscles are manly and bones are for dogs in one post? wow...
  • DoomCakes
    Options

By whose definition and what do you consider too skinny? I, personally, don't want the muscular, "fit" look for myself. Nothing wrong with it in general, but it isn't what I'm going for. I do actually want to be skinny.

Too skinny... like, those girls that when they lift their shirt up you feel like you could play a xylophone on their ribs. I hate rib cages on people, it's gross.
  • tricelive
    Options
    Girl, I wish I had some of that booty. This thing got far too out of hand.......
  • tricelive
    Options
    Thank you. I cannot believe how offended people are becoming. This is MY opinion of what I want and is working for Me. It really shows that although we're losing weight we haven't lost that poor self image yet.
  • DoomCakes
    Options
    Wow some of you people are so touchy its sad. I'm agreeing with the OP. If you have curves, don't get into such a mind set that you have to be even smaller and smaller just because of the media and the images displayed. Curves are beautiful, and some people get upset because they can't fit into something below a size 5 which leads them to getting discouraged and doing some things rather unhealthy just to lose more.

Again, what I say is MY opinion. I do not want muscles like some people have because I don't think I would look right with them. I don't give a rats behind who has muscles and who doesn't, cause guess what, my opinion of some other person doesn't matter, or shouldn't, only your own opinion should matter of your self. But what I find attractive doesn't mean someone else will... PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT! -gasp- who would have thunk it...

So get the hell over yourselves and accept that some people don't like muscular woman or boney woman.
  • rml_16
    Options

Too skinny... like, those girls that when they lift their shirt up you feel like you could play a xylophone on their ribs. I hate rib cages on people, it's gross.

Well, good thing I'm not trying to impress YOU.

This is what I'm going for (though she's a bit taller and I'm hippier, but in general):

michelle-dockery_zps50bc7c73.jpg

But, by all means, continue with your insulting posts towards anyone who doesn't fit your ideal.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I cannot believe how offended people are becoming. This is MY opinion of what I want and is working for Me. It really shows that although we're losing weight we haven't lost that poor self image yet.
    I honestly don't think anybody was offended by your post. However people usually do like to clarify especially since ideas on "curves" vary much on MFP.

I am still a strong believer that women body hate on eachother far too much. Which is why I think terms like the dog/bone statement are some of the most offensive and ignorant senatances ever put together.

If being thin isn't for a person there are certainly more polite ways to say things. Just as there are ways a thinner woman could say they didn't want an abundance of curves that would most certaininly have that thinner women ripped to shreds by every single poster on MFP.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Why take this post or any personally? Love Thyself and no one can define you:heart:

just splitting hairs and playing devil's advocate, because I love me (well cept the boobs maybe - WIP) and am not bothered by the message....

If you didn't mean for the post to be taken personally, then why post it? To motivate, people must be able to personalize the message being sent to their own lives. Your message was intending to be motivating to others, and therefore the hope was intrinsically for personalization.

Hooray for the motivation! I think you're right - we need to love our bodies because they're our own curvy, straight... just so long as we don't use this debate to embrace an unhealthy or damaging lifestyle. :flowerforyou:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    When I was fatter, I had curves in the wrong places. Now I'm starting to see new curves I like- like the curve of my hamstrings. :bigsmile:

Or is this only about T&A? I'm not really a fan of the word curvy- I never really know exactly what people are talking about.

YES curve of my hamstring, the lines on the outside of my quads, the two lines that follow my spine and curve out at my butt dimples, the curve of my pecs, shoulders, the front of my calves, my inner forearms, the view of my hipbones when I look down at them and see the way my torso curves along... the female body is a beautiful beautiful machine.
  • DoomCakes
    Options

Well, good thing I'm not trying to impress YOU.

This is what I'm going for (though she's a bit taller and I'm hippier, but in general):

michelle-dockery_zps50bc7c73.jpg

But, by all means, continue with your insulting posts towards anyone who doesn't fit your ideal.

Holy crap.... I AM NOT INSULTING ANYONE! I... ME... MYSELF does NOT like something. That does not in any way shape or form mean someone is terrible, horribe, horrendous monster from frankensteins lab! I just do not like it, and would not like it for ME. I really honestly don't give two craps what any person looks like, their intelligence and personality are WAY more important to me.

But since some people clearly don't understand I (again ME not you or any other person in this entire universe) do NOT want muscles and do not like boney. I have friends who are boney, guess what, I don't care, that's them I like them for other reasons. I have friends who are morbidly obese, that's cool, still my friend. But know what, for them it works, and for them, THEY are happy. I think rib cages are gross because 9/10 people who have their bones are under weight and not healthy. The girl you posted in the pic is not too skinny, her bones are not jutting out her face is full and she seems a healthy weight.

But seriously... I AM NOT INSULTING YOU PEOPE STOP TAKING EVERYTHING TO FREAKING HEART BECAUSE SOMEONE IS VOICING WHAT THEY LIKE!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

But you're the one who posted it as advice for everyone else. I'm not trying to be mean, but when you create a post that dictates that a certain type of body is more desirable than another, yes, it will lead to discussion - and probably quite a lot of disagreement. Because when you trump one body type as ideal and say "this is the way to be sexy" you are discrediting everyone who is not of that body type.
  • sblake204
    sblake204 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    You can still be small and/or fit and still have curves.
    I think a lot of people have misconceived what weight training does to your body. You can be a bodybuilder and have a bigger butt than a "curvy" woman. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and i'm not trying to knock it by any means. But I think that being fit doesn't mean you still lose your curves, you just round them out a little bit better.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    "Bones are for the dog, meat is for the man!"

I wish every woman who said this was forced to live a year in the body of a tomboy and had to sit and remain silent while curvy girls bashed her heredity. in public. like in writing published on the internet in front of her face.

Oh don't get so offended easily. Same for onegonzogarba.

Curves are sexy, that is MY opinon. If you don't like it oh well. I'm not saying some people don't find skinny boney types attractive, clearly they do. Hell, some people find people that are 500lbs plus sexy! It's their opinion. If you can't take peoples opinions don't go online. Simple as that.

Now put your big kid panties on and accept people have opinions. If I think fit or curvy is sexy so be it, if I thought bones were sexy, good for me too. If you think one thing is sexy and another not, good for you! So stop being so offended by another perons opinion!

yeah Im totally not offended by your opinion or what you want for your own body. I hate that saying that people always use after they state their opinion, which is why I didnt quote the entire post. The part where they say women like my mom are only good for dogs to chew on. There is saying I think curves are sexy, and there is saying all women who dont have curves are just bones and bones are only good enough for dogs.

Im not saying be nice, cause I cant make you want to not hurt feelings, but I can put the hope out there that women think before they say things like this in a room full of women of all walks of life.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

But you're the one who posted it as advice for everyone else. I'm not trying to be mean, but when you create a post that dictates that a certain type of body is more desirable than another, yes, it will lead to discussion - and probably quite a lot of disagreement. Because when you trump one body type as ideal and say "this is the way to be sexy" you are discrediting everyone who is not of that body type.

agreed. OP posted it as generalized advice for all.
  • rml_16
    Options
    I hate rib cages on people, it's gross.

Nope. Not insulting or nasty at all. Just talking about what YOU like on YOUR OWN body.

OK then.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    You don't lose your shape since that was genetically set at conception. You lose body fat. So in essence you're saying don't get too skinny.

^^^this. If you "lost your curves," they weren't "curves."

Boobs are part of being curvy, and they are partially made of fat. Most women lose some boob when losing weight, so technically you can lose some curve.

Not really no.. I would not consider the fat in your breasts to be curves. If you're overweight you will have fat in your breasts, if you're not it would be mostly breast tissue and you can't lose breast tissue (without operation).

http://m.wisegeek.com/what-is-breast-tissue.htm