Keep Your Curves

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I could weigh 100 pounds and still be curvy. My bones refuse to restructure themselves.

Great minds. :-)
  • HeatherBriggs1970
    Options
    Love love love your attitude! For me it's about so much more than just dropping the weight...it's about really valuing myself :)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    my boobs :sad:
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I love what you're saying here OP. I agree, you don't have to be a size 0, not even a 3 or 4 to be sexy. My goal is a size 8 or 9, something reasonable where I can still have some thickness myself. I don't want muscles, I don't think they'd look right for me. For those that have them and love them on theirself, good for you. But me, I think muscles would just make me look too many. I want to be some what soft.

But hell! Curves are beautiful! There's a difference between curves and fat though, and right now, I have fat. But I want curves, not bones. "Bones are for the dog, meat is for the man!"
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I really don't get what you are saying. A curvy girl is curvy no matter what her body fat percentage is.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

we should have a memorial service... I weep for mine on a regular basis...
  • rml_16
    Options
    You don't lose your shape since that was genetically set at conception. You lose body fat. So in essence you're saying don't get too skinny.

^^^this. If you "lost your curves," they weren't "curves."

Boobs are part of being curvy, and they are partially made of fat. Most women lose some boob when losing weight, so technically you can lose some curve.

Not really no.. I would not consider the fat in your breasts to be curves. If you're overweight you will have fat in your breasts, if you're not it would be mostly breast tissue and you can't lose breast tissue (without operation).

:sad:

I hate that this is true. I've never, since I was 9 years old, been able to wear a shirt that I couldn't wear a bra with. And they don't make those stick-on things in my size.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    When I was fatter, I had curves in the wrong places. Now I'm starting to see new curves I like- like the curve of my hamstrings. :bigsmile:

Or is this only about T&A? I'm not really a fan of the word curvy- I never really know exactly what people are talking about.
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    "Bones are for the dog, meat is for the man!"

I know this is not meant as a slam, but I had to laugh, because my first thought was...
    when I'm eating meat, I cut off the fat and go straight to the muscle...

my man, he will be getting a lean, meaty cut!
  • rml_16
    Options
    I can see how excercising and eating right can be addictive (but let's not trade in one addiction for another).

Yeah! Stop eating right and exercising!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I love what you're saying here OP. I agree, you don't have to be a size 0, not even a 3 or 4 to be sexy. My goal is a size 8 or 9, something reasonable where I can still have some thickness myself. I don't want muscles, I don't think they'd look right for me. For those that have them and love them on theirself, good for you. But me, I think muscles would just make me look too many. I want to be some what soft.

But hell! Curves are beautiful! There's a difference between curves and fat though, and right now, I have fat. But I want curves, not bones. "Bones are for the dog, meat is for the man!"

Here it comes....
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who says "you're not going to get any skinnier, are you? Like, don't you want to be kind of soft and feminine?" And she says the same things....She loves her curves and thickness. LOL. I told her I have more curves now than I ever did when I was 30 lbs heavier. Then I just had...well, kind of rolls. :)

To each their own. Do what makes YOU happy. That's all that really matters anyway.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options

I know this is not meant as a slam, but I had to laugh, because my first thought was...

I don't know many people that do eat the fat on meat, but when I say meat I mean meat meat.... not the gristle and disgusting stuff on the edges. xD

I'm just saying that bones are not attractive. Fit is. Whether it's some tone and defintion, or just being a heatlhy range.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I couldn't get rid of my curves if I tried. And I'm a size 4/6. I'm always going to have hips, a butt and boobs. Now, they are smaller than they were 40 pounds ago, but I'll never been a stick...
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

I wish every woman who said this was forced to live a year in the body of a tomboy and had to sit and remain silent while curvy girls bashed her heredity. in public. like in writing published on the internet in front of her face.

we should have a memorial service... I weep for mine on a regular basis...

I have to go get new bras and stuff :( My boss got me into a B cup last week... I cant even think about it, I just kind of ignore my boobs now. I know it's not their fault, but they fallen into the hole left behind when I started loving my body and stopped hating it. I replaced hating my body to refusing to acknowledge my boobs :sad:
  • MireyGal76
    Options

I don't know many people that do eat the fat on meat, but when I say meat I mean meat meat.... not the gristle and disgusting stuff on the edges. xD

I'm just saying that bones are not attractive. Fit is. Whether it's some tone and defintion, or just being a heatlhy range.

we're good. :)
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

Oh good gravy. Did you have to. Do you have any idea how insulting parts of this are? ANY IDEA?
  • nnoifeld
    nnoifeld Posts: 116
    Options
    I love this, ppl are cracking me up! I know I will have my curves no matter what weight I get down to. But like many others, I am mourning my boobs and wishing my some of my butt would take a hike!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

quite possibly one of the most insulting saying of all time.
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Keep whatever you want, but fat rolls are not curves... I've never had curves, but I certainly used to have fat rolls :)

I'm a size 2 now and thrilled about it. I love my hip bones and so does my boyfriend. I think people can be beautiful & attractive at any size, but I've never really cared what other people look like, I find them beautiful & attractive because of how they think and what they do or say.

I also love the "curve" of my biceps, my quads, my hamstrings, my glutes...