Help! I caved and bad, what do I do now?

So last night all my friends went out for a late night dinner at like 11, I wasn't planning on eating anything but they forced me to try this big cookie sundae with ice cream, hot fudge, whip cream ext. Moral of the story is, I ended up eating ALOT. It was so hard to just stop after one bite. I'm freaking out and don't know what to do now, should I try to barely eat today or what should I do?

Replies

• LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Stay calm and carry on. Today is a new day. Try and eat a little less (and cleaner) today and just get yourself back on track with your regular healthy habits. No point in fretting too much over something you can't change.
  • dantrick
    dantrick Posts: 369 Member
    learn from what happened, and move on.
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 679 Member
    Just go back to your normal day and move forward. We all have days when we go overboard. As long as you don't make a habit of this it is should not be a problem. Hope you enjoyed your splurge!
  • Shake it off and chalk it up to experience. No need to cut your calories down to nothing today. You're not going to eat like that every day, right? Okay then.

It's helpful to me if I have a plan. If your friends tend to have these sugary late night treats when you go out, know what you are going to do. Pop a piece of gum (trust me, everything tastes unappetizing when mixed with mint gum), order a beverage instead, or, if moderation works for you, tell yourself you can have one bite. Have it, savor it, be done.

All the guilt in the world won't make you thinner or more in shape. Nor will beating yourself up about it. So don't do it. :flowerforyou:
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    But do not restrict your eating a lot today. Just brush yourself off and start again. You don't want to go hungry today; it doesn't help.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Hs what you do: don't freak out, forgive yourself the slip and move forward.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Stay calm and carry on. Today is a new day. Try and eat a little less (and cleaner) today and just get yourself back on track with your regular healthy habits. No point in fretting too much over something you can't change.
    Frankie says, "Relax." Today is a new day. My wife tracks and loses one week per month and is able to maintain the rest of the time just being aware of big cheat days and doing less the next. It isn't fair... but it works for her and she's close to her goal weight.
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Forgive yourself for being human and start again fresh, it's a new day x
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    First of all, no one FORCED you to do anything. Just own that you ate the food and enjoyed it. It's really not that big of a deal, unless you make it one.

Second of all, forgive yourself, brush it off and move on. Don't overly restrict your eating, because that will lead you right back into a bad decision. Go back to exactly the routine you had before.
  • Beyond_Value
    Beyond_Value Posts: 46 Member
    Stop feeling guilty and eat no sugar and flour products for a couple of days.

You can eat bad one day just don't make it a habit.

Remember sugar and bread are addictive.:smile:
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Every day is a new start with the food.. How many things in life can you say that with? No starving yourself... Take it as a spike day that will confuse your body... Not all bad. Back to healthy eating today! X
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    They forced you? Literally got on top of you in the restaurant and shoved it down your throat??

Take responsibility for what you shoveled. That being said; you're human. You're going to make mistakes. Brush it off and start over. Learn from it. If you can't go out with those friends at 11pm without feeling pressured to eat, then don't. YOU are in charge here. Not your friends.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    When I start over eating I stop before a bite and talk **** to myself. Then I put the food down and do One arm cable curls.
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Run..no really go out and run a bit. This is life and if you eat something with high calories you can either sit and cry about it or go out and work it off. Now get back on that horse and ride!!!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Is that you in your avatar? Don't worry about it.

One sundae isn't going to hurt you.
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Might not want to eat for a week. That one night of fun has set you way back. Might want to look into buying a one piece for the spring.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Log it and move on. Just logging it will help you avoid such behavior in the future.
  • They forced you? Literally got on top of you in the restaurant and shoved it down your throat??

Take responsibility for what you shoveled. That being said; you're human. You're going to make mistakes. Brush it off and start over. Learn from it. If you can't go out with those friends at 11pm without feeling pressured to eat, then don't. YOU are in charge here. Not your friends.

No I mean forced me to order something! They ordered it for me
  • davidsgirl145
    davidsgirl145 Posts: 162 Member
    1 night doesn't matter in the scheme of things :)

Also, don't freak out... just continue with healthy choices...
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    One: Move on.

Two: Tell them you don't want anything, if if they order it for you, you won't pay for it. And if they order it for you, you won't eat it. That's really rude.