Help! I caved and bad, what do I do now?

Replies

• Okay to everyone saying no one forced me and being rude:
    Obviously no one held me down and shoved it in my mouth, I'm taking accountability for what I ate. I was just saying I didn't walk in and say hey tonight I wanna eat a sundae was all I was saying so no need to be rude.

Thanks to everyone else for the encouraging words!

& yes, I am 18. I don't know why my profile says 20 or how to change it. I'm a senior in high school, I just had my 18th birthday a few weeks ago.
  • tonyamariepierce
    tonyamariepierce Posts: 42 Member
    i encourage people to have a one hour cheat meal , once a week. anything they want. having it planned helps to keep it from happening the rest of the week. everyone has cravings . i have done this for 4 years and have lost and kept off 100 pounds
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    oh man...my desire for things that are delicious and calorie laden and my lack of willpower made me eat things that I probably shouldn't have! Bad, bad me! Please court of MFP, help me shift the blame to people who "just don't understand my journey" and then justify my self-flaggelation by telling me to only eat celery and air for a month!

methinks this is one of those "put on your big girl panties and deal" moments. Next time you're going out late with friends spend an hour earlier in the day doing some exercise to give yourself room to actually enjoy your sundae so that your friends don't "force" you to order one. Oh dear...but then we get into the whether or not we should eat exercise calories back or not debate...

THERE IS NO WINNING!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Alternatively, you could seek out a bunch of MFP friends to enable and support daily consumption of ice cream sundaes.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    & yes, I am 18. I don't know why my profile says 20 or how to change it. I'm a senior in high school, I just had my 18th birthday a few weeks ago.

I still suggest Spark Teens because I hope you'd get more understanding from people your own age. Since you're old enough to be on this site now, you'll just have to deal with the older adults on here.

So, my reply to you is: Quit freaking out. Drink water, exercise, and get back on track today. Also, take responsibility for your actions. Start standing up for yourself when others want you to engage in something that you believe is unhealthy. That could be ice cream sundaes, alcohol, sex, etc. If you feel it is unhealthy, speak up.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Alternatively, you could seek out a bunch of MFP friends to enable and support daily consumption of ice cream sundaes.

You wouldn't have to look too far
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    I haven't read all the other comments, but I'm sure there will be some similar to what I have to say: Let yesterday go. We all make mistakes, we all have bad calorie days. Just keep moving forward. Eat a little less for the rest of your week, but don't drop below 1200 calories, or whatever minimum your body needs to keep itself going. It will all even out in the end, and it will all be okay. :)
  • oh man...my desire for things that are delicious and calorie laden and my lack of willpower made me eat things that I probably shouldn't have! Bad, bad me! Please court of MFP, help me shift the blame to people who "just don't understand my journey" and then justify my self-flaggelation by telling me to only eat celery and air for a month!

methinks this is one of those "put on your big girl panties and deal" moments. Next time you're going out late with friends spend an hour earlier in the day doing some exercise to give yourself room to actually enjoy your sundae so that your friends don't "force" you to order one. Oh dear...but then we get into the whether or not we should eat exercise calories back or not debate...

THERE IS NO WINNING!

I did workout before, but ok
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member

I support this kind of suport.
  • TisMeEggin
    TisMeEggin Posts: 60 Member
    "...So take a deep breath, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again." :flowerforyou:
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member

I did workout before, but ok

Then why the whinging?
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Okay to everyone saying no one forced me and being rude:
    Obviously no one held me down and shoved it in my mouth, I'm taking accountability for what I ate. I was just saying I didn't walk in and say hey tonight I wanna eat a sundae was all I was saying so no need to be rude.

Thanks to everyone else for the encouraging words!

People are bored and just having fun. It's all water off a ducks back, laugh it off and go one with your day.

(Did you get extra whip cream?) :bigsmile:
  • Wendyma1
    Wendyma1 Posts: 289 Member
    Dont dwell on things you cant go back and change. Eat healthier, like lean meat, veggies and fruit and promise yourself it wil be some time before you do that again. We all have to have days where we cave once in a while! yesterday was your cave day! Today is a new day, carry on!
  • Kimaw65
    Kimaw65 Posts: 74 Member
    First of all, no one FORCED you to do anything. Just own that you ate the food and enjoyed it. It's really not that big of a deal, unless you make it one.

Second of all, forgive yourself, brush it off and move on. Don't overly restrict your eating, because that will lead you right back into a bad decision. Go back to exactly the routine you had before.

exactly. Acknowledge that YOU made the decision to eat the cookie sundae whatever, not your friends. Everyone does it sometimes, I know I have and I just ate my normal calories the next day, and the day after that and the day after that. Just keep going and forgive yourself.

• I did workout before, but ok

Then why the whinging?

I'm not whining, all I was asking was if there was something I should be doing today since I ate that. That's it. Why the rude replys? I may be a little kid, but I wouldn't go commenting rude things on people's post, doesn't do anything for me. So have fun
  • grawrrrr
    grawrrrr Posts: 336
    Don't feed the troll.
  • First of all, no one FORCED you to do anything. Just own that you ate the food and enjoyed it. It's really not that big of a deal, unless you make it one.

Second of all, forgive yourself, brush it off and move on. Don't overly restrict your eating, because that will lead you right back into a bad decision. Go back to exactly the routine you had before.

exactly. Acknowledge that YOU made the decision to eat the cookie sundae whatever, not your friends. Everyone does it sometimes, I know I have and I just ate my normal calories the next day, and the day after that and the day after that. Just keep going and forgive yourself.

FOR THE LAST TIME TO EVERYONE: I DID ACKNOWLEDGE I ATE IT, OBVIOUSLY
  • Don't feed the troll.

Feel better about yourself now?
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Were all human, we make mistakes but its up to u to learn from those mistakes and move on and not make the same mistakes again
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    why_so_mean.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1345047816314