Help! I caved and bad, what do I do now?

Replies

• Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Unlax, if this is all you did you didnt gain any weight.
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    log it and move on

for many people a part of this is having the strength to say no to people. They didn't force you to eat that sundae. You gave in to their pressure. There are people who will consciously or unconsciously derail your efforts. It's important to stick to your choices and goals.

Seriously, after you have declined a food offer once, twice...it is certainly appropriate to turn the tables and point out hey didn't you hear me say twice already I'm not hungry/don't want any?
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Seriously, it's one day. Move past it and sin no more, my child :-)
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    I doubt they forced you to do anything. You did it on your own free will.

Now its overwith suck it up, log it, eat like a normal human, go to the gym burn some calories and continue living life like you would have had you not eaten it.
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Eat normal today.
    And hold yourself accountable for what you ate. No one decided to eat it except you.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    is this a serious question?
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    They forced you? Literally got on top of you in the restaurant and shoved it down your throat??

Take responsibility for what you shoveled. That being said; you're human. You're going to make mistakes. Brush it off and start over. Learn from it. If you can't go out with those friends at 11pm without feeling pressured to eat, then don't. YOU are in charge here. Not your friends.

^ This made me giggle; the first few sentences, anyway. The rest was just great advice.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Recognize why you did it, is there something else you could have done....learn from it and move on.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Move on with your life.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    They forced you? Literally got on top of you in the restaurant and shoved it down your throat??

Take responsibility for what you shoveled. That being said; you're human. You're going to make mistakes. Brush it off and start over. Learn from it. If you can't go out with those friends at 11pm without feeling pressured to eat, then don't. YOU are in charge here. Not your friends.

No I mean forced me to order something! They ordered it for me

They didn't force you to do anything. You didn't have to eat it. And you would've sent a CLEAR message to your friends if you didn't eat it. Instead, you're telling them that you can be coerced and you're not for real about this lifestyle change. C'mon lady. You can do better than that.
  • no one "made" you do anything. you over ate & we 've all done it. dont do it often & learn how to eat small amounts of it & quite beating yourself up & take a long walk & drink lots of water & get good nutrition in today
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member

No I mean forced me to order something! They ordered it for me

So? That doesn't mean you were obligated to eat it. All you had to do was tell then no thank you. And if they do it again, they are not your friends. Placing blame on others that does not belong is not only not a very flattering behavior, you are doing yourself a great disservice by making excuses not owning up to your own failings and forgiving yourself. Just saying.
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    log it and move on

for many people a part of this is having the strength to say no to people. They didn't force you to eat that sundae. You gave in to their pressure. There are people who will consciously or unconsciously derail your efforts. It's important to stick to your choices and goals.

Seriously, after you have declined a food offer once, twice...it is certainly appropriate to turn the tables and point out hey didn't you hear me say twice already I'm not hungry/don't want any?

This.
    There will always be people who will try to sabotage your efforts for reasons of their own. This is YOUR journey. Don't let anyone pressure you. In the end it was your decision to eat what you ate, but we've all slipped, or even budgeted for events like this. I went to my daughter's baby shower and knew I'd eat cake. I worked it into my food for the day and moved a little more to make up for it. Life is full of hot fudge sundaes! The temptation will always be there. It's up to you to decide if it's more important to eat some of it than to strictly adhere to your program. Sometimes, it's definitely worth it! Let it go.... move on.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    I wish someone would force me to eat an ice cream sundae.
  • Poecile
    Poecile Posts: 46 Member
    Seriously? There is no "forcing" here. You gave in to peer pressure, you made the decision ultimately. One time isn't gonna ruin all of your hard work. Do an extra workout session and just start over.

Take it a day at a time, you'll be all right. :smile:
  • cajungirltx
    cajungirltx Posts: 147 Member
    I've done this quite a few times. I've noticed the next day how horrible I feel. Like everyone else said, it's not the end of the world. Pick right back up where you left off. :)
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    More than likely, you're going to die.

EVENTUALLY!
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    that wild night may make your metabolism go crazy, in a good way. the good part is you feel bad about it, less likely to do it over and over
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Man, I hate it when my friends put a gun to my head, safety off, and make me eat all the food.

I need new friends. *tear*