Help! I caved and bad, what do I do now?

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    I wish someone would force me to eat an ice cream sundae.

Me too.

Yeah, OP, you gotta figure that it's you, not them. I've let perfectly good portions sit on my plate that others had fixed for me because I simply didn't want to eat it. They were pushy, but I just left it there. They got the message.

And we all have days where we significantly go over count. That's normal. That's life. You have to learn how to handle food temptations - and sometimes you have to learn how to eat them but in moderation. And even when you don't eat them in moderation, you have to learn how to be kind to yourself afterwards.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    As everyone said, nobody forced you to do anything.

Just eat like normal today; if you restrict you will just get more hungry and want to overindulge later.

As far as the math goes, if you are eating at 20% below TDEE, you are probably safe anyway.
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Allow yourself the occasional indulgence. If you allow yourself a "cheat day" from time to time, you will find that you are less likely to fail. Grab that dry eraseboard eraser, wipe away the day of indulgence, and start anew.

No reason to take a catastrophic mentality.
  • nfrewin
    nfrewin Posts: 73 Member

THIS hahaha
  • I overdid it at work today so I can relate completely.

Just get back on track and start tomorrow with a clean slate :smile:
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    They forced you? Literally got on top of you in the restaurant and shoved it down your throat??

Take responsibility for what you shoveled. That being said; you're human. You're going to make mistakes. Brush it off and start over. Learn from it. If you can't go out with those friends at 11pm without feeling pressured to eat, then don't. YOU are in charge here. Not your friends.

No I mean forced me to order something! They ordered it for me

They didn't force you to do anything. You didn't have to eat it. And you would've sent a CLEAR message to your friends if you didn't eat it. Instead, you're telling them that you can be coerced and you're not for real about this lifestyle change. C'mon lady. You can do better than that.

I second this. Did they also force you to pay for food you did not want? Screw that. Mine would have suffered an unfortunate accident as it crashed onto the floor. Just count the calories, compensate today, learn from the experience, and move forward.
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-11870-1354383800-1.gif
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Those mofos!!!!! seriously...its one night...I ate so bad yesterday I don't even feel like eating today...but shoveling some down...and moving forward. Course I'm well aware that I've been doing far too much of that, hence no weight loss for two months. Live and learn...you're human, surprise!
  • all4my3boyz
    all4my3boyz Posts: 94 Member

This is really the only solution... Sorry and goodbye :sad:
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    No one ever says "I didn't get around to taking a shower today, I guess I'll just stop showering." Or takes three showers the next day to make up for it.

Log it, learn from it, and move on.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    I hate when people force feed me ice cream cookie sundaes. #FWP
  • OlyOtis
    OlyOtis Posts: 70 Member
    Overeating occasionally, in fact, as often as once a week has been proven to actually improve overall metabolism. If you go on a 3 day bender, then worry.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    How about Spark Teens? Profile says you're 20, but then you claim to be 18, but then your posts sound like a younger teenager.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member

Ice-Cream-Cones-2-Dollars.-Her-Face-Priceless-15157.jpg
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    I must still be asleep. I thought the topic was "Help! I'm in a cave with bats, what do I do now?"

Come to find out someone had an ice cream sundae. Ummm...if this is the worst thing you did, and you think you need help..well, you may want to lighten up on yourself. If you can't enjoy a night out with friends without freaking out, then you need to talk with someone about your relationship with food.

IF it's just the occasional night out with friends, they shouldn't have to force you to order anything. One night won't disrupt anything unless you use it as an excuse and a crutch.
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Panic and give up.... *shrugs
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    I must still be asleep. I thought the topic was "Help! I'm in a cave with bats, what do I do now?"

Come to find out someone had an ice cream sundae. Ummm...if this is the worst thing you did, and you think you need help..well, you may want to lighten up on yourself. If you can't enjoy a night out with friends without freaking out, then you need to talk with someone about your relationship with food.

IF it's just the occasional night out with friends, they shouldn't have to force you to order anything. One night won't disrupt anything unless you use it as an excuse and a crutch.

If your worst problem is having to eat a ice cream sundae, you got it pretty good
  • Guilt is such a useless emotion. It will make you feel depressed and more likely to binge eat again. Just forget it.

Now turn that frown upside down and move on, sunshine!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,176 Member
    You can check out my diary entry for yesterday. Today is a NEW day. Don't freak, don't panic, Its ok....honest. :)
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Just relax... IT HAPPENS. You aren't tainted with chemicals or anything dangerous...so just take deep breaths. DO NOT "barely eat anything." That's probably the worst thing you can do, it will slow your metabolism just a hair! It is going to be alright and the only thing that will make you look back on it is yourself. Cheer up :)