girls dont like skinny guys

Options
Hi I'm new here today. My goal is to add muscle to my frame. Currently I'm at 130 lbs Hoping to get to around 150 or so. I don't look that thin in my profile pic, think I may have zoomed in too much, but anyway I have trouble getting dates because most girls say I'm way to skinny that I need some muscle so that's why I'm here. I joined a gym last week , would it be more beneficial to get a personal trainer. Do most girls go for bigger guys?

Replies

• jsdouglas26
    Options
    Is there any way to edit the topic
  • Lake_Po
    Lake_Po Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I think a trainer would be beneficial if you don't know what you're doing yourself. :-)
  • sandervan85
    Options
    Join a gym do resistance training (lifting weights) find out your base metabolic rate (BMR) and eat around 200 calories over your BMR.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    No. I'd suggest either go with it or make a new one

Edited to specify I was talking about the topic title
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    funny because some girls I talk to (and every girl/woman has her preference), tell me im getting to muscular and need to stop lifting weights. I say *kitten* YOU!! I don't lift weights for you. Funny enough the girls that say these are the ones with smaller frames and are psychologically immature. Our ancestors fought for dominance in tribes so they would get first pick of the women. It is instinct for women to prefer strong and fit men. Although Justin Bieber f*cked it up for a lot of guys.
  • bdamaster60
    Options
    Join a gym do resistance training (lifting weights) find out your base metabolic rate (BMR) and eat around 200 calories over your BMR.

Basal* Metabolic Rate
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    funny because some girls I talk to (and every girl/woman has her preference), tell me im getting to muscular and need to stop lifting weights. I say *kitten* YOU!! I don't lift weights for you. Funny enough the girls that say these are the ones with smaller frames and are psychologically immature. Our ancestors fought for dominance in tribes so they would get first pick of the women. It is instinct for women to prefer strong and fit men. Although Justin Bieber f*cked it up for a lot of guys.

True that. All my skinny friends or even the overweight ones with NO muscle like skinny guys. Me and my friend who are a bit bigger and lift weights LOVE muscular guys. I want a man that can pick me up and run with me if the situation ever arose!
  • gluestic14
    gluestic14 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's all true that girls don't go for skinny guys. I've always had a preference for skinny men. My guy now is very very skinny and I like it! :-)
  • Strength2Succeed
    Strength2Succeed Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of men who are extremely skinny but I am attracted to both lean and muscular guys.
  • jsdouglas26
    Options
    Must be different around where I'm from because just about all girls I know have told me or my friend that they
    Wouldn't date me because I'm too skinny. Maybe in the wrong part of the country
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    It's all personal preference. My husband is skinny and I find that I'm attracted most to skinny guys. I just wish my waist was smaller than his! I'm working on that though...
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    i like skinny guys...and fit guys...and chubby guys....i guess i just like guys lol.:blushing:
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I would say first off that the RIGHT gal will like you for who you are; that being said, I think that there is great benefit to gaining some muscle. It makes doing many things a lot easier. I highly recommend it -- just do it for the right reason -- for you.

That being said, a GOOD personal trainer is always best. He will be able to show you the proper technique and guide you so that you take a more efficient path to where you want to go. As far as women enjoying a muscular man? It is dependent upon the woman ... As for my wife, she enjoys when I work out ... I just lost about 115 lbs and she has enjoyed the change.. that is her. another woman may think differently. That don't matter because I am not in the market to change up... I am far from muscular though.

Best wishes on achieving your goals.
  • sandervan85
    Options

Basal* Metabolic Rate
    My bad typing on iPhone autocorrect.
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    You did not just say that.....
  • Sincere24
    Sincere24 Posts: 126 Member
    Options

Damn your beiber! Haha, i think you need to realize that any goal that you set out to make should be for yourself, other it can be a bit hard to sustain, IMHO. But i agree resistance training with a structured program and eating about 15% above your TDEE will help you out with your goal.

Cheers!
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    It's mostly personal preference and that can usually (for me anyway) be won over by personality.

I always liked skinny guys, but now I feel as if I'd need to be smaller than the guy I date. I don't know if that's really expected or not, but it's what I've been lead to believe. :ohwell:
  • bdamaster60
    Options
    You did not just say that.....

I take it your a bieber fan? No hate on the little boy, just stating some interesting facts.
  • FloyMcCaudie
    Options
    hahaha TROLL!!
  • jsdouglas26
    Options
    It's mostly personal preference and that can usually (for me anyway) be won over by personality.

I always liked skinny guys, but now I feel as if I'd need to be smaller than the guy I date. I don't know if that's really expected or not, but it's what I've been lead to believe. :ohwell:
    that is what I hear the most is that the girl doesn't want to weigh less the guy.