What is your motivation of losing weight?

Options

Replies

• Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    For my health and well-being. Period.
    Feeling better helps me deal better with the demands of caregiving.
    I also have a family history of diabetes and heart disease and I want to avoid going down that same road.
  • JShernoff
    JShernoff Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Daughter's wedding in about 1 year. Bought Fitbit to track steps/day.
  • invincible_summer
    Options
    To look better. I'm already at a healthy weight, so it's really just for vanity now.
  • Blown_Away1
    Blown_Away1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My motivational reason is to gain my energy back and to be able wear anything I want, so the bonus there is looking Hot!

Good luck everyone!!
  • amyjax
    amyjax Posts: 102
    Options
    Health. I need major surgery on both my hips (I don't have hip sockets, just shallow grooves worn into the bone by the femoral heads of both legs), and I can't get the surgery until I've lost weight. I'm in constant, severe pain and because there's a serious risk of developing arthritis I'm not allowed to do any serious exercise. I'm limited to swimming and cycling - can't even walk! The more pain I'm in the less inclined I am to exercise which really isn't a helpful mindset, so I'm planning to join my university's sport centre in January and go swimming twice a week. I've lost 26lbs since July by dieting alone, so it'll be interesting to see how my weight loss increases/changes when I add swimming to the mix.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Mainly getting healthy and getting more energy.
  • HuskerPower66
    HuskerPower66 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    my motivation is my wife. It's not even close as compared to anything else.

We got married in August and we've since decided to make this lifestyle change together.

I have to be healthy for me, for her, and for our future children.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    when I decide to lose weight, the diffcult part is that i can not persist regular exercise for a long time.Maybe my motivation isn't strong enough.I found an interesting video about the special motivation.I want to share this with everybody here.:blushing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhuQXiDakvI

Anyone actually watch the video just seems like a plug for a app imo ...
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be healthy for my kids, but I'll admit I also wanted to be "hot" :wink:

yup lol
  • midnite81
    midnite81 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My motivation was 100% me. Yeah, I want to be around for my family etc and it would be nice to look more attractive but my motivation was and remains for me.
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    My main reason was I didn't want to have to go to the plus size area for clothing.. goal achieved :bigsmile: :bigsmile: If I could somehow figure out a way to show my size all the time to the world I would....like an *kitten* tag or something..haha
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    honestly...when i first started it was for me...I wanted to get back to my hs weight....and looking a pics...i still looked fat in high school...but i think i hadn't had my last growth spurt...

over the past year, i kept it as losing weight for me, but then started wanting to get back into the dating scene...so it became losing weight to be "presentable" to men....i became shallow and lost myself...

still have about 20 pounds to lose, and im going back to doing it for me...not anyone else.
  • crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    im doing it for me!!!! i have been at rock bottom... post partum depression... and have slowly climed my way to even beyond where i wanted to reach... now the sky is the limit!!!!!
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I 'feel' like a slim and slender person, but when I looked in the mirror and in photos, that is not what I saw. My wonderful slender body is covered up by fat, and that is my motivation - to get rid of it. Even just being about a 1/4 of the way in, I feel so much better and comfortable in my skin, I feel sexier, and I am not afraid of my clothes anymore.

I also want to be strong, fit, and have lots of energy. This week I have been so tired because I have not been working out as much. I've been sleeping too much instead. So I know I need to get my energy from exercise and pushing myself to improve.
  • TattedInStilettos
    TattedInStilettos Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    My motivation is myself & also the summer... I can just myself walking down the beach in my zebra two piece bathing suit...
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Sex. I hear its better without rolls.
  • YOUCANDOIT165
    YOUCANDOIT165 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My motivation is my health. I am seeing a generation being sweap away because of unhealthy eating and lack of exercise. No one in my family has reach 80 and that's my aunts and uncles. My cousins are developing high blood pressure, diabetes, and heart problems by the age of 30. I refuse to go out without a fight. I'm going to do what ever I can too show my children a healthier life.
  • iluvhockey987
    iluvhockey987 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    :)
  • iluvhockey987
    iluvhockey987 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm studying abroad in England this summer and just got out of a 5.5 year relationship. I am ready to start my life over and do things for me!

Good luck and welcome to the UK. Where will you be studying.

Oxford!
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I just want to feel better. I was so uncomfortable in my own skin. I didn't like anything about the way I looked for so long. With each pound that I lose I gain a pound of self esteem.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!