I have strong feelings

Options
BurtHuttz
BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
I have extremely strong feelings about a controversial topic.

I have read absolutely no research or even news articles about research that has been conducted. I don't have any direct experience with the subject nor do I know anyone who has (that I'm aware of).

Because of this, there is nothing that conflicts with my very strong feelings on the matter, and anything you bring up or try to throw in my face is just a whole bunch of arm-waving and distraction and I don't need to go read YOUR links just so you can try to prove me wrong.

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    HEAR HEAR! Also I will eventually subject to saying stuff like "You wouldn't say that if I were standing in front of you!" because I have no idea how the internet works and am completely unaware of how ridiculous my school-yard fight tactics make me look.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I'm in a completely different life situation than you but I wanted to take the time to respond to your post with a couple of paragraphs about how I live my life so that in contrast, you can see how wrong you are and why my advice is the universal truth.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    stash-1-50ba499a07119.png
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    It's one thing if you're ignorant. It's another if you're judgemental. Put those two together, and people will act this way. Instead of sounding intelligent, they sound ignorant and judgy.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Boobies!!!
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    dilbert-opinions-dt121007.jpg
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    I disagree.
  • BurtHuttz
    Options
    I'm in a completely different life situation than you but I wanted to take the time to respond to your post with a couple of paragraphs about how I live my life so that in contrast, you can see how wrong you are and why my advice is the universal truth.

Now that you've given me a little bit of insight into your life, I will leverage my existing strong feelings into an ad hominem attack on you, personally.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I'm here to make some sarcastic remarks and mock you on a public forum
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I will also start name calling and using sarcasm (because that works so well on the internet...see what i did there?) because i don't have valid arguments that support my stance.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Anybody else look at OP's pic and think he looks like aladdin without the vest?
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options

Now that you've given me a little bit of insight into your life, I will leverage my existing strong feelings into an ad hominem attack on you, personally.

I don't really know what a strawman argument is but it sounds like the one to go with for my retort. I will not challenge the reasoning of your argument but, strawman
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    You've never been more wrong.

Following are a few links that help my case and prove you utterly wrong:

http://chickswithstevebuscemeyes.tumblr.com/

http://trextrying.tumblr.com/

http://ilovecharts.tumblr.com/

http://uglyrenaissancebabies.tumblr.com/
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    <insert somewhat irrelevant gif here>
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Ignorance and arrogance are often bed fellows.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m2k940GF1N1qgef6j.gif
  • BurtHuttz
    Options
    Now that the opposition to my views has rolled into a snowball of criticism, I will start blindly lashing out at this entire website. In a short while I will start a new thread about why everyone here is so mean.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I'm going to make a witty and insightful post that a bunch of people will agree with and quote.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mdx9gxLogL1ryjwc0.gif