Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

A must read for EVERYONE.

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Saw this on Facebook and shared... I love it! Keep CHRIST in Christmas! And also get him back in the Schools!!!

Christmas started as a pagan holiday

christmas actually has NOTHING to do with christ

did you know that?
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 770 Member
    Saw this on Facebook and shared... I love it! Keep CHRIST in Christmas! And also get him back in the Schools!!!

And let's make everyone keep the MASS in Christ's Mass. Back to traditional Catholic values, with none of these flyaway religious protestants muddying traditional religious values.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    This wasnt about someones religious belief! it was a nice poem written in honor of these kids.
    Have you read it?
    It's all about religion.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    I swear to every god man ever invented, a good beef sandwich cures everything

tumblr_lhwi5i8FIl1qhu5ego1_500.gif
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    OP, thank you for posting this... I teared up as I read it.
    Then... I teared up reading the hateful comments.
    Peace to all those involved in this horrible, horrible, incident. :heart:

Some of us know the families involved enough to know they weren't all Christian, and therefore find this poem to be twisted, political, divisive, and self-serving. If that's your idea of "peace" then please send it to the parents who lost children, I'm sure they'll all really enjoy the secret insider knowledge you have that their kids are dancing in heaven and that God himself has decided to insert himself back into the school system.

*I* don't have it as anything my dear... I read a NICE, THOUGHTFUL POEM and thought that it was touching. I'm very sorry that something meant to be NICE could be taken as political, divisive and self-serving. You take it your way, and I'll take it mine.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    This wasnt about someones religious belief! it was a nice poem written in honor of these kids.

6Xoj4.gif
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member

6Xoj4.gif

Even though we disagreed earlier, I still want to hug you. :flowerforyou:
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152

did you know that?

I'm an atheist, but I disagree with you. Christmas has everything to do with Christ to people who choose to celebrate it that way. To me, it has nothing to do with Christ. It doesn't matter that it used to be a pagan holiday.

ETA: Trying to make someone else celebrate it your way is not ok.
  • Twas the night before Christmas
    Twenty children had died,
    so I took this as my chance,
    to proselytize.

Yes.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member

You know what. People need to keep their relgious beliefs in their heart. It doesn't need to be more in school. Won't change a damned thing.
    As far as keeping "christ" in christmas I don't believe he was ever taken out.

Just some moronic paraniod theory brought on by watchers of Fox News.
  • firstsip

Yeah! Make schools with religion, and make them tax-exempt, too, and allow them to push their own potentially illegal rules and guidelines, and make sure sexual abuse or violence happens there, too, but let it be resolved in its own courts!

I'll tell ya, if you give a mouse a cookie...
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    I kiss the muscle, she kiss the muscle.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member

It wasn't written in honor of those kids, it was written to further someone's worldview as being correct at the expense of all other views, and mocks a real tragedy in doing so. For that, it is distasteful.

Thanks for playing.
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152

Did you even read the last few lines?
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Didn't read, but
    Merry Christmas!!

sinterklaas.jpg
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,716 Member
    You don't think it's offensive?

Reword it so they all went up to serve Allah for all eternity.

That's why it's offensive.

Worship however you would like. That's the beauty of the freedom we are all allowed.

DON'T push it on anyone else or assume things about their children.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member

If you take out the references to God and Jesus, not only is the "nice poem" really short, it also doesn't make any sense.

Sorry, this is a poem about religious nonsense first and foremost.

Are those quotes taken directly from God? I didn't realize it was acceptable in the Christian faith to falsely prophesy.
  • firstsip

did you know that?

I'm an atheist, but I disagree with you. Christmas has everything to do with Christ to people who choose to celebrate it that way. To me, it has nothing to do with Christ. It doesn't matter that it used to be a pagan holiday.

Well, actually, early Christians used to celebrate the "birth of Christ" at the same time as many of the dominant pagan religions celebrated the birth of their own gods. One, "Mithras," in particular was celebrated around this time of the year in the Roman empire for a good four centuries. Many contemporary traditions stem from the pagan beliefs that were incorporated to disguise Christians from practicing, such as veneration of trees, etc.
    /12yearscatholicschool
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Also this thread seems to have some kind of protective force field. I bet it would have ended sooner if the topic were "who here hates grapefruit"
  • Tears are flowing freely.
This discussion has been closed.