Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

A must read for EVERYONE.

Replies

• emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Funny how people mock and ridicule God and belittle Christians until there is a great catastrophe or trajedy.

Good poem and I wish.

And then the Christians continue to mock and belittle non-Christians.

And cue locked thread in 3...2...1...

I think more hate comes from christians then anyone else. I know westboro church is spreading the love.....

If you're holding up the Westboro Baptist Church as being representative of Christians then you don't know who Christians are.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    This wasnt about someones religious belief! it was a nice poem written in honor of these kids.

Did you even read the last few lines?

Or the first ones? Or the middle ones?
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Someone gave this to me at work the other day and I totally cried. I thank God that my kiddo is safe and healthy and pray for all these families who have lost their little ones.

Edited to say:

Can't people just be nice and understand that this is a national tragedy that doesn't need ridicule because of personal beliefs.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Also this thread seems to have some kind of protective force field. I bet it would have ended sooner if the topic were "who here hates grapefruit"

This should be posted just to see which one is closed first.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Tears are flowing freely.

I know....I'm stuck here with no beef sandwich....no onion rings...no special sauce.....it is so unfair
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Also this thread seems to have some kind of protective force field. I bet it would have ended sooner if the topic were "who here hates grapefruit"
    Actually, this is very unusual for a Christian thread, the difference being that this one really shouldn't exist, while some others were simply infiltrated by people who think Christians shouldn't exist.

Shouldn't be much longer now, anyhow..
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Funny how people mock and ridicule God and belittle Christians until there is a great catastrophe or trajedy.

Good poem and I wish.

And then the Christians continue to mock and belittle non-Christians.

And cue locked thread in 3...2...1...

I think more hate comes from christians then anyone else. I know westboro church is spreading the love.....

If you're holding up the Westboro Baptist Church as being representative of Christians then you don't know who Christians are.

O.o

*end sarcasm*
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,716 Member

If every Christian another Christian said "wasn't really a Christian" disappeared there would be no Christians.

Like I said before, worship however you like. But don't speak for other people's kids.

Or is it ok with you that I feel your children will belong to the space lord Xenu when they die? Not so much? Then stop.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    I struggle to believe a just and fair god would let something like this happen, no matter what weird spin people will try and put on it for the sake of defending their imaginary friend.
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Meh. A bit too cheesy for my liking.

Christians, Muslims, Buddhists and Jews all believe that my dead grandparents are in different places right now. It doesn't offend me. It doesn't anger me. I could care less. Nor did I see the poem as an effort to convert anyone to Christianity.

I'm over it. Really. Life's much more pleasant when I stop worrying about what others' opinions are.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    C'mon guys, be nice. It was a well intentioned poem and post.

Though the last three lines could have been left out.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member

Christians, Muslims, Buddhists and Jews all believe that my dead grandparents are in different places right now. it doesn't offend me. I could care less. Nor did I see the poem as an effort to convert anyone to Christianity.

I didn't realize "Bring God back into schools" wasn't an attempt to push a specific religion onto all children.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Mentioned Dr Phil, didn't read.
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member

Christians, Muslims, Buddhists and Jews all believe that my dead grandparents are in different places right now. it doesn't offend me. I could care less. Nor did I see the poem as an effort to convert anyone to Christianity.
    I didn't realize "Bring God back into schools" wasn't an attempt to push a specific religion onto all children.
    That's up to interpretation. Do you know that it means including religious instruction in school, or that the speaker has a hope that basic human goodness will permeate them? Who knows, and who cares? Is it affecting your kid's school right now? It's a post in a fitness forum.

OMGZ CALL THE COPZ THIZ IZ OUTRAJUZ
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Someone gave this to me at work the other day and I totally cried. I thank God that my kiddo is safe and healthy and pray for all these families who have lost their little ones.

Edited to say:

Can't people just be nice and understand that this is a national tragedy that doesn't need ridicule because of personal beliefs.

Nobody is ridiculing this tragedy. People are taking offense to the religious and political agenda that this poem is obviously promoting.
  • I'm never quite sure how to respond to negativity towards Christians. Since I am one, I never want to come off as condescending. But in response to your comment: Jesus suffered the sins of the whole world because He loved us that much. He was born in a manger, where livestock lived. Very humble beginnings for a King. No? Was beaten and rejected and yet chose to suffer the cross, when He could have called 10 thousand angels down to remove Him from it. To say that we should be any different is ludicrous. This world is sinful and sinful things will happen to the just as well as the unjust. Yes, what happened in Newtown, Connecticut was horrible and my heart is breaking for the families, but Jesus is not to blame. He's good and kind and those children ARE with Him. We all can be with Him some day, if we only believe that He is the Son of God, that he died for our sins and rose again the third day, so that we can have life and have it more abundantly. I wish all of you a Very Merry "Christ"mas and a Healthy and prosperous New Year! God Bless!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    Normally I like cheese but this just seems to be absolving people of any responsiblity for ensuring it doesn't happen again.
    A human tragedy caused by humans.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Those of us who choose not to be numbed and dumbed by pretending those innocent kids are now romping about in Jesus' playroom are not being hateful or mean. I find it insulting to whitewash what happened and obscene to pen a poem to the tune of a Christmas rhyme about it.
  • mell6355
    mell6355 Posts: 171 Member
    Why is it that this can't be shared? the people who like it can like and those who don't, don't? It may be religous and it may not, those who find the main theme godly can either like or not like it. There seems to be a constant theme that no one wants someone else to tell them how to feel or think so can't we just let it go and the people who like this can like it and those who don't can move on to the next topic that pisses them off? I get that some don't have anything better to do but if you believe in god or not you may like this and it should be shared if you do. If you don't like it just keep on moving! I don't understand why this is considered offensive and people shout it out loud, yet most of those shout outs are pretty rude and offensive!
  • Twas the night before Christmas
    Twenty children had died,
    so I took this as my chance,
    to proselytize.

I was saddened to see
    these lives come to a halt,
    But I knew in my heart
    it was the atheists' fault

Whoops! My bad. I must have missed something there.
This discussion has been closed.