Is there a food you refuse to go without when dieting?

Options

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I eat all of the foods
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give up ice cream. Dieting or not dieting, I will eat ice cream. And dark chocolate. The darker the better.
  • one15ts
    Options
    i eat pretty much anything too but need to refrain from the ones that make my body ache all over. :cry:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Compensate*

Funny, I totally thought "comps" was like the cool, new way to say "compensate.". Anyhow,though I have greatly decreased portions and frequency of some foods, I refuse to give up anything! Prior to deciding to actually lose weight I had given up Red Bull.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give up anything. I still eat everything I've always eaten - just exercise a little more moderation in some things and make sure I hit my calorie and macro goals every day (specifically protein and fat - the carbs just fill in the rest).
    This. Also, I don't save them for cheat days, I just eat what I like whenever (in appropriate portions).
    This, exactly. I hit my goals. I don't eliminate any foods for any reason, nor do I save them for any specific day.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Never gonna give you up....
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Never gonna give you up....

Never_zps95358d0c.jpg
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    dates, dark chocolate, wine / beer
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. Just sitting here thinking. I'm addicted to cheese! All kinds! I'll make adjustments in my diet to comps safe for calories and obviously only eat it in moderation. But no matter how hard I'm dieting or what type of diet I'm on, I refuse to give it up. So I'm wondering if there is any one thing y'all refuse to give up? Happy fitness my friends And stay strong during this diet killing, but amazing holiday season!

I didn't think that cheese was something worthy of giving up in the first place. Isn't it pretty healthy? High in calcium which is good. I still eat cheese.
  • Zee48
    Zee48 Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I don't diet, I made lifestyle changes for a lifetime making adjustments in what I eat and my activity levels to compensate for special treats and indulgences.

Diet = die
    Lifestyle change = life
  • glitterjam
    glitterjam Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Ice cream and peanut butter. I have to make it fit!!
  • ShawndaSallee
    ShawndaSallee Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Some cheese is extreay high in Cal and fat. Yes it's good for you in moderation.

Like I said in one of my replies, I don't completely give up anything. I'll have them as cheats once a week. But as mos of you have said, I made lifestyle changes and maintain a diet that Llows quantity over "quality" except I don't mean I eat ****ty food. Instead of indulging every day or every other day, I choose to eat the foods that I can eat enough to feel full and satisfied without having to portion control to keep calories or what have you, down. I'm never hungry and hardly ever have a craving. Luckily I'm not huge on sweets. I don't crave salty from time to time but the fact that I allow myself whatever it may be once a week, the same day each week, makes it extremely easy to control. I'm big on working my *kitten* of for my reword.
  • snapril68
    snapril68 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Originally I gave up starches for a month and only ate low or non-fat foods and lean meats. Now I've incorporated everything back but in moderation. And on my cheat days I eat what I want and as much as I want :-) Hehe
  • ChristinaR720
    Options
    Pasta, rice & peanut butter
  • LeRevCooper
    Options
    cheese, beans, chocolate.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    Some cheese is extreay high in Cal and fat. Yes it's good for you in moderation.

yeah, i suppose. i would have a hard time hitting my calorie goals many days if it wasn't for eating cheese though.
  • marinebiologist_girl
    Options
    I started by denying myself everything and it made me a horrible person, snapping at people and always hungry. Over the last 3 months I've let myself eat what I like, so long as I mostly aim for healthier stuff and when I don't, I eat it in moderation. Although starting out the one thing I wouldn't deny myself was a little bit of chocolate.
  • marinebiologist_girl
    Options
    Hey guys. Just sitting here thinking. I'm addicted to cheese! All kinds! I'll make adjustments in my diet to comps safe for calories and obviously only eat it in moderation. But no matter how hard I'm dieting or what type of diet I'm on, I refuse to give it up. So I'm wondering if there is any one thing y'all refuse to give up? Happy fitness my friends And stay strong during this diet killing, but amazing holiday season!

I didn't think that cheese was something worthy of giving up in the first place. Isn't it pretty healthy? High in calcium which is good. I still eat cheese.
    I usually buy low-fat cheese, or low-fat cream cheese. Means I can eat it and not stress out. I believe parmesan is healthier too and yes, the calcium in cheese is better than straight-out milk.
  • ShawndaSallee
    ShawndaSallee Posts: 103 Member
    Options

yeah, i suppose. i would have a hard time hitting my calorie goals many days if it wasn't for eating cheese though.

Me toooooo!
  • MinisterTom
    MinisterTom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite places is a biker bar called Hoss's. Though I do not drink, they have a burger topped with bacon and crab meat. I limit myself to one every other week, but I can't eliminate it. I skip on the fries and get slaw instead, but the burger is a must.