Is there a food you refuse to go without when dieting?

Options

Replies

• mimi10453
    mimi10453 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Mayo and butter! I do use smaller portions though.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i leave enough calories every single day to atleast have 1 cookie at the end of the night for desert... I LOVE CHIPS A HOY CARAMEL FILLED COOKIES!!!
  • WishfulShrinking331
    Options
    Fries are my weakness, and cheese is a close second but I always try and get fat free
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I didn't give up anything the first year and a half, but starting about 6 months ago, I started eating things that were Nutrient dense because for some reason I needed more nutrients...then the Day before Thanksgiving I ate a whole small loaf of french bread for my dinner, and had a negative reaction (sensitivity/allergy, I don't know at this time)...since then I have been very careful with what I eat..and eliminating that has gluten in it...last weekend, now it seems maybe soy protein shakes are also an issue....LOL...other than that, I eat whatever I want...and I find I do better (energy wise) after I go out to eat...don't do as well when I attempt to cook...

I have an appt with a GI DR in Feb to arrange a biopsy test for Celiac...If I do, then symptoms started about 15 years ago, just didn't know what was causing them....
  • sphyxy
    sphyxy Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I have changed my eating lifestyle and it has worked wonders. I don't deprive myself of anything. If there is a healthier option (baked instead of fried, for example) then I will go that route but I eat everything in moderation.

Except french fries... if they have them at work in the cafeteria, then there are some days that I just cannot resist, even though they are fried and not baked. I will allow it, mmm.
  • EQV73
    EQV73 Posts: 41
    Options
    I don't really diet per se but there is one food I don't back away from: cheese!!!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Lately bacon and chocolate.
  • violingoddess1
    violingoddess1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    PIZZA.
  • azanne07
    Options
    giving up food for a diet isnt going to make the lifestyle change. If i want something for example pizza, i will make room for it in the calories and add in some extra exercise.

I will never depreive myself of anything that i want. If i want a special desert i will make a low calorie dinner.

And no I have never given up anything and never will. only reduce the amount that i eat.

Like mcdonalds ill just replace the pop with water. or ill get 12 oz of pop and only do water for refills. I dont upgrade to large. and most of the time i share my french fries with my son as he doesnt really eat the happy meal.
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Options
    Chocolate. Why give up good mood food? A little goes a long way. I did however switch to the kind that does not have soy lechitan in it. Which is like two brands. But I'll eat the chemical chocolate in a pinch.
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Options
    PIZZA.
    Why why why did I give this up? *remourse*
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Ice cream, if you look at my diary, you will see I definitely didn't give it up. I eat it every night!

I'm with you :)

Red wine too, that's a food, I think.

I eat everything and anything anyway, nothing is off limits.
  • bigjretrac
    bigjretrac Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Glad to see other people who don't cut things out-- just moderate them.

When I first started losing weight, I was super regimented-- then I binged. Now I realized it's all about portion control. There are some crappy foods that I did give up that I felt I could live without, but otherwise, give me my sweets (in moderation, of course).
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I'll eat anything if it sounds good and fits into my macros.
    Moderation.
  • phyllio77
    phyllio77 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I don' give up anything. This is not a diet for me, it's a new lifestyle. So Everything I want, in moderation!

Well said. Smarter healthier choices:)
  • Belinda658
    Belinda658 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    just another "I don't give up any food".
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Nothing really, like many other's here I'm not on a diet, I'm eating sensibly and getting my exercise in.

I even started having the occasional white potato instead of a sweet potato (like 1 white for about every 14 sweet) but it's gotta be baked, in the oven not the microwave. Super yummy and I love the crispy skin..
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I'm with the crowd that still eats everything -- I just make it fit.

Butter? Oh yeah. Peanut butter? HELL yes! Adult beverages? DUH!

Life is short. I love being fit, but I'm not willing to be a deprived, snarling ***** to stay that way. It's all about balance. :drinker:

Editing to say that the censored word was b***h. Geez, I think you can even say that on primetime tv!!
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    Bread and oatmeal. The bread I use now is 100 calories for a giant thing of bread with only 14g carbs and 10g protein and I buy plain oats and add my own stuff to it.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    while i agree with you all who say, its not a diet, its a lifestyle change, i do have one reservation for that, atleast for myself! i believe while attempting to lose mass amounts of weight, it is a much different type of "lifestyle", then just maintaining. while trying to lose, you take in less calories than those maintaining, therefore, needing to cut out some things that just dont have any room in a daily plan for someone trying to lose. for example, animal style fries from in n out (700+ cal)... i will not eat those when im still trying to lose, because by doing so, it takes away from not only my calories, but also my nutrient requirements. when i switch over to maintaining, yes, then there will be room for those in moderation. or, a macho bacon and egg burrito from del taco (1000+ cal)... this is one of my faves, but that leaves me with just a few hundred calories to work with for the entire day, and would be close to impossible to fit my nutrient requirements into that... i believe while losing, im on a diet, and im practicing or learning a healthier lifestyle... but i dont believe that its my new lifestyle, because only when im maintaining, will i consider it my "lifestyle", as i will not be eating at a deficit for the rest of my life... now, a cookie, or a beer, something small like that, i think those are definately easy to fit in, even daily, when in moderation...