Is there a food you refuse to go without when dieting?

Options

Replies

• ShawndaSallee
    ShawndaSallee Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thankfully I'm lucky enough to really enjoy a lot of healthy foods. It also helps that I somehow managed to be a good cook so I'm always able to make all kinds of tasty healthy meals. But it's not something I enjoy just a whole lot.
  • igottaworkout
    igottaworkout Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I don' give up anything. This is not a diet for me, it's a new lifestyle. So Everything I want, in moderation!

Same here, or else I wouldn't be able to keep the weight off long term.
  • orangelobster
    Options
    um, alcohol. But I'm not really a heavy drinker at all, I just want to be able to have a drink now and then.

Especially with family visiting over the holidays, alcohol is pretty much a requirement in order to keep things in order! (hope they dont read this lol)
  • Crayvn
    Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    this isnt a diet to me..so i dont go without..if i want it, i fit it in my daily calories :)
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I can not do without coffee and almonds ... great appetite suppressant(s)
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    um, alcohol. But I'm not really a heavy drinker at all, I just want to be able to have a drink now and then.

Especially with family visiting over the holidays, alcohol is pretty much a requirement in order to keep things in order! (hope they dont read this lol)

yeah, this is what i was going to say for me. mmmmm wine.
  • gimpygramma
    gimpygramma Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Butter and cheese are #1 and 4 on my "most used" list here.:happy:
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Truth time. I haven't given up anything I like. I'm just counting calories and controlling portions. Its working.
  • soleilxo
    soleilxo Posts: 202
    Options
    yogurt or grapefruit :)
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    A fine cigar with a 12 year old single malt neat.
  • TwistedFun
    Options
    Dark chocolate. I MUST have it.

same
  • MamaMaryC
    MamaMaryC Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I don't avoid any food I want unless I am already close to my calorie limit for the day. The only thing I avoid like the plague is soda. It tends to hurt my stomach. Other than I eat just about everything that I used to before starting my healthy lifestyle. The only difference is I have 1 serving or 1/2 a serving. In the past I would binge eat my favorite foods.
  • lilteeraw
    Options
    Im obsessed with fruit
    Good thing its good for me ;)
  • GabyG69
    GabyG69 Posts: 213
    Options
    Pretty much everything but especially Starbucks..
  • WorkoutWarrior76
    WorkoutWarrior76 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I wont give up Jack n coke
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Chocolate and wine. However, after New Years I'm going to be cleaning my diet all up, clean eating with lean meats, fresh veggies and fruits and going to try and cut out the bad sugars including alcohol and chocolate :(
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Ice cream, if you look at my diary, you will see I definitely didn't give it up. I eat it every night!
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    My coffee & at least one sweet thing a day... :)
  • WAnnB
    WAnnB Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Ice cream and peanut butter. I have to make it fit!!

Ice cream isn't my favorite food but at least twice a month I have to plan for a Klondike Peanut Butter Choco Taco. Yum!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I don't consider this a diet, but a lifestyle change.
    So I haven't really given up anything, if I want it, I eat it in moderation.
    I tend to lean to healthier choices now - ie, I will have a wrap over 2 slices of bread
    but if I want a cupcake (and I generally want them several times daily) I will indulge sometimes :)