DISGUSTED.

Options

Replies

• tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    It's not a neurosis or anything, believe me I eat enough unwholesome foods. But when I "waste" a half-a-days calories on french fries, when I could have had steamed vegetables or something healthier. . . . yeah I feel a little disgusted.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    There is no food that makes me feel disgusting, because I am not disgusting, and food does not determine my self worth. There are some foods that make me feel physically ill, and I avoid those, but what I choose to put in my mouth is not a moral compass.
  • SeaJenni
    SeaJenni Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I only regret eating things that don't taste good. I never feel guilty or disgusting about eating food.

^^This.^^

If I forget to pack a lunch and end up getting fast food, I feel like the food itself was disgusting, but I don't feel disgusted with myself. Maybe disappointed by my lack of preparation and disappointed that it wasn't delicious, but not as far as disgusted. I have the same feeling when I cook something healthy and it tastes like dirty feet. I'm not disgusted with myself, but disappointed that it didn't turn out better, i.e. turkey meatloaf, chili beans that are still hard, etc.
  • chelseabuns88
    chelseabuns88 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'd love a cookie right now.. this thread just made me hungry!

The only time I feel bad about what I eat (and not necessarily) is when I'm disorganised and I end up with takeaway.. I always find it disappointing to taste and easy to overeat as portions are so large and the expense makes me feel guilty for wasting any.. I'm a pretty good cook and I know I could've made a similar, modestly portioned meal that tasted much better.
  • silencethelamb
    silencethelamb Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah!
  • Smurfette1987
    Smurfette1987 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I really don't think feelings like guilt or disgust should ever be associated with food. Diet isn't religion people, it's just part of life. There is definitely no need to go all dobby the house elf over a cookie. Even legitimate binges shouldn't be treated with guilt in my opinion, as it just causes an eat-repent-eat cycle.
    Anyway, you have to eat what you bake, it's quality control!

Edit: I feeling disgustING if I eat something that makes me toot noxious gases and writhe around in agony... does that count? The funny factor outweighs that though when I look at my boyfriends face. ah such a lady.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Really any ONE thing I don't regret. I only regret when I can't eat in moderation and go over board.
    Lately this has been when my toddler only eats half of something really good, and then its a decision of eating it or throwing it out.
  • Marvi120
    Marvi120 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't feel disgusted because you ate one cookie, you should feel proud that you didn't eat all of the cookies!
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Options
    Anything that makes me eat all in one. I never say I can't eat certain foods since I allow everything in moderation, but if it makes me eat more than one, it's goodbye to that!
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    The only thing I attempted to eat which made me feel disgusted: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7VlEpGHF6s

You may want to avoid that link if you have a weak stomach. :)
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    One cookie ????

I'd feel disgusted if I ate the ENTIRE tray of cookies ........ maybe :laugh:
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    You ate ONE cookie and you feel disgusting?

I'm sorry. :indifferent:
    This. When I hit goal I ate 30 oreos and felt another d word....delicious lol.
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    One reasonable serving of anything wouldn't make me feel disgusted, but if I lost my mind and ate several servings of potato chips and dip (or anything for that matter), I would be disgusted with my lack of self control, and later I'd feel bloated and gross. For this reason, potato chips and dip are two items I do not keep in the house.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I only feel disgusted if I have soooo much that it puts me over my goal and ruins my calories for that day..

this.

i only feel disgusted when i've lost control and binge. when something that was supposed to be a treat spins out of control.

when that happens i realize that i've been too restrictive with how i eat, and what i withhold from myself.

one cookie?? now i usually have 2-3 with a glass of milk, and make sure it fits into my calories. i call it my dessert macro.
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Anything crazy high in carbs because I'm diabetic and it spikes my blood sugars so badly. I know it's doing bad things to my body and I shouldn't have eaten it in the first place so yes, it does disgust me that I did that to myself. On the other hand, IT TASTED _SO_ GOOD! I'm happiest now when I can take one bite of someone else's carby treat and they get to eat the rest.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I just ate a freshly baked, warm, gooey and delicious chocolate chip cookie.

And now I feel disgusting.

What types of food (or drink) do you consume and later think ... " Why did I do that ?"

I don't put that kind of stress on myself. I've spent the last 3 days baking and eating and it will continue for the next 2. It's 1 gd cookie, you feel that badly about it run in place durin the commercials while you watch football tonight and you'll have it burned off by the time the first game is over.
  • grammysboy
    grammysboy Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I think it really helps that I have taken the slow approach to all this, and I eat pretty much whatever sounds good while still trying to meet my nutrition and calorie goals, more or less. There are times when I think, "I would rather have spent those calories on something else," but I wouldn't say I feel disgusted or disgusting.
    This
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    The Wendy's triple. I get through about half of it and can't go any further. Then I feel gross. But that first bite is so dang tasty.
  • lukester19
    lukester19 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I love all food! When I have so many choices of junk food and variety in the house, what ends up happening is that I tend to not eat it just because it is there. But if I restrict it and attach a negative feeling then I tend to crave it more. I think it is important how you associate with food. This ends up making not only the calorie totals but all goals in life generaly easier and more enjoyable. At least this is my opinion and everyone has there own way and what works for them.
  • grawrrrr
    grawrrrr Posts: 336
    Options
    Food is not the enemy.