DISGUSTED.

Options

Replies

• SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I feel guilty if it is not something I planned on eating that day. I can plan on eating two chocolate chip cookies and I have no guilt about it. But if I eat 4 cookies the guilt will roll right in.
  • MusicInMyHeart
    Options
    Nothing! I love food, but unfortunately I had really bad eating habits since childhood and didn't know what portion control really was until I started changing my lifestyle. I still eat whatever I want but in moderation.
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Feeling disgusted over a small indulgence seems to me to be a symptom of an unhealthy relationship with food.
    Eat under your numbers and feel good about yourself.

You are not a chocolate chip cookie. (Which is doubly good, because you would not be safe around here if you were.)

My relationship with food is ideal. It just so happened that after I ate that cookie my stomach hurt and I wished I hadn't eaten it. People read too much into things.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
  • CloverCreeper
    CloverCreeper Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell. ):
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I think it really helps that I have taken the slow approach to all this, and I eat pretty much whatever sounds good while still trying to meet my nutrition and calorie goals, more or less. There are times when I think, "I would rather have spent those calories on something else," but I wouldn't say I feel disgusted or disgusting.
    ditto.
  • sm1zzle
    Options
    Taco Bell. ):

Baja taco with tomato like whoa.
  • dcdemocrat34
    Options
    Pizza, or anything with a lot of cheese.

Yesterday, I was craving a hamburger, ate it and felt yuck!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Feeling disgusted over a small indulgence seems to me to be a symptom of an unhealthy relationship with food.

You are not a chocolate chip cookie. (Which is doubly good, because you would not be safe around here if you were.)

My relationship with food is ideal. It just so happened that after I ate that cookie my stomach hurt and I wished I hadn't eaten it. People read too much into things.

Oh, well if that's how you meant it, here is my list:

All fast food (it's like Russian Roulette whether I'll get sick after I eat it or feel pefectly fine).

Like many said, donuts!

Doritos (plus weird dreams after I eat them for some reason)
  • imfivebyfive
    Options
    Human flesh.

Being a zombie is hard.
  • elizadew44
    Options
    I just ate an entire 20 piece chicken mcnugget, and I feel horrid. I am feeling so down that I decided to join this site, and seeing all the supportive people, I'm already feeling better. So thanks guys. :)
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options

Yep, my stomach can't seem to take the same things anymore either. Good thing I suppose.
  • trobbin88
    trobbin88 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i second that.
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I think some of you need to work on your relationship with food. Seriously. You and food should try couples counselling. It might be difficult to convince food to go, but if you explain to food that it is necessary for the relationship to continue, I'm sure it will come around.

The guilt is from knowing the stuff is terrible for your body and feeding it to yourself for taste anyway. Like the way smoking is bad for you but wanting to do it anyway (no offense to any smokers out there, just attempting to make a point). Craving food for your body and giving in is no problem.
  • RVfrog
    RVfrog Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    don't beat yourself up....so you ate a cookie......get enough exercise to burn up the cookie. My Dr. says life is too short not to enjoy. If you eat it plan it and don't make yourself feel guilty. Do some exercise to help with the extra calorie intake and enjoy. Don't make it a daily thing but a treat once in a while is ok. Enjoy your life you only get one chance around......
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I feel bad when I eat a Boberry Biscuit from Bojangles! I feel even worst because it comes with 2, and I never have enough courage to say I just want one! :-/
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Mashed potato for me. I used to LOVE it.... now it just makes me feel sick. So I switched to sweet potato.... don't feel so bad now.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Any unplanned treat!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I think some of you need to work on your relationship with food. Seriously. You and food should try couples counselling. It might be difficult to convince food to go, but if you explain to food that it is necessary for the relationship to continue, I'm sure it will come around.

The guilt is from knowing the stuff is terrible for your body and feeding it to yourself for taste anyway. Like the way smoking is bad for you but wanting to do it anyway (no offense to any smokers out there, just attempting to make a point). Craving food for your body and giving in is no problem.
    Like junk food, smoking is only bad for you if it's a lifestyle. Someone who smokes a pack a day for 35 years has smoked about half a million cigarettes. Most smokers start in their late teens, and most smokers don't die at 55... lots and lots of people smoke 500,000 cigarettes and don't die from it. The point being one cigarette here and there isn't bad for you and neither is the occasional cookie or even an entire pizza. It's when that becomes a regular/constant thing, a lifestyle, that it is bad for you. You aren't going to be on your deathbed and going, "if I'd never eaten those 17 cookies I had in my entire life, I'd still have an extra 4 hours to live, oh the regret!"

What's also unhealthy is the stress caused by constantly denying yourself things you want to enjoy. Instead of saying "I will never ever enjoy a treat again," it makes it much much easier to put off cravings if you know that some later time you will be able to have a treat. Plus you get to enjoy that treat without guilt, knowing that it isn't a lifestyle and isn't bad for you.
  • sm1zzle
    Options

Like junk food, smoking is only bad for you if it's a lifestyle. Someone who smokes a pack a day for 35 years has smoked about half a million cigarettes. Most smokers start in their late teens, and most smokers don't die at 55... lots and lots of people smoke 500,000 cigarettes and don't die from it. The point being one cigarette here and there isn't bad for you and neither is the occasional cookie or even an entire pizza. It's when that becomes a regular/constant thing, a lifestyle, that it is bad for you. You aren't going to be on your deathbed and going, "if I'd never eaten those 17 cookies I had in my entire life, I'd still have an extra 4 hours to live, oh the regret!"

What's also unhealthy is the stress caused by constantly denying yourself things you want to enjoy. Instead of saying "I will never ever enjoy a treat again," it makes it much much easier to put off cravings if you know that some later time you will be able to have a treat. Plus you get to enjoy that treat without guilt, knowing that it isn't a lifestyle and isn't bad for you.

I hate cigarettes with a passion, but some chicks look sexy while doing it.

Just sayin'.