• Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Just sliding by to say hello...

slip-n-slide-dude_zps86f4a45f.gif
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    135x6-7 reps a few months ago. Started doing lighter weight for reps to try and cut, plus the heavy curls were putting a strain on the left elbow.
  • Just sliding by to say hello...

slip-n-slide-dude_zps86f4a45f.gif

you win! :flowerforyou:
  • SenshiV
    SenshiV Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    What do you mean 5 days a week? I thought you had to give a day or rest after strength training, not doing it daily.

Curious because I do it every 2 days because of that.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I'd just like to know if anyone has actually ever SEEN anyone curling in the squat rack?

In fact, just last week I saw someone curling in the squat rack and it is the only squat rack we have in the gym. He had 10lbs on each side of the bar and apparently needed the squat rack for that. Didn't bother me at all, but I did lol because I still find it funny.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

In the squat rack? :bigsmile:

Never curled in the SR...never even seen anyone do it, honestly, but maybe it's fun? If I felt like it, I'd do it and not give a rat's *kitten* whether or not you or Acg67 or Sidesteel or anyone else thought it was cool. In fact, I'd probably really enjoy the fact that it annoys you so much. =D I go to the gym to WORK, not to gain the approval of boys. I already have the approval of the only one I care about.

But thanks for asking!! It was a very original and thought-provoking question. Pat yourself on the back. :)

Annoys me? lol Not at all! And thanks for calling me a boy. It's been years since I've been called that. Just spreading the love!!

haha--me too, spreading the love far and wide!! =D And honestly, I prefer to use the squat rack for the really important things, like adjusting my lipstick and filing my nails... :wink:

Well of course! Especially if it's got that nice full length mirror right behind it. :laugh:
  • SLRamirez2012
    Options
    Well, I feel pretty minuscule compared to the big guys here, but I'm at 31 lbs x 10 reps.. I ran out of weights to put on my curl bar, I curl at home, the guys in my gym make me uncomfortable....
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    I always see people post there 1RM for Squats, Dead lifts, and Bench press. But what is everyone curling with a straight bar? I don't want to know a 1RM I mean what are you curling for at least 6 reps???? ( without swinging your back and looking like a a**hole!)

its pretty rare that i see anyone doing curls other then with the impropper form you mention above.

the most i was doing in the past was 70 plus the ez curl bar. was doing 40 lbs dumbell burls at one point too.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

In the squat rack? :bigsmile:

Never curled in the SR...never even seen anyone do it, honestly, but maybe it's fun? If I felt like it, I'd do it and not give a rat's *kitten* whether or not you or Acg67 or Sidesteel or anyone else thought it was cool. In fact, I'd probably really enjoy the fact that it annoys you so much. =D I go to the gym to WORK, not to gain the approval of boys. I already have the approval of the only one I care about.

But thanks for asking!! It was a very original and thought-provoking question. Pat yourself on the back. :)

My gym only has one squat rack, and you better believe this girl asks them to move. I find it ridiculous...I see it almost EVERY time I am there. Maybe you are sick of hearing it, but I am just as sick of it happening when I have things that need to get done.
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I just use pink dumbells..with glitter and flower stickers on them....Who's with me? It's ok..men..you can admit it too..it is almost a new year..time to come clean..
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I just use pink dumbells..with glitter and flower stickers on them

LOL =)
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    I'd just like to know if anyone has actually ever SEEN anyone curling in the squat rack?

In fact, just last week I saw someone curling in the squat rack and it is the only squat rack we have in the gym. He had 10lbs on each side of the bar and apparently needed the squat rack for that. Didn't bother me at all, but I did lol because I still find it funny.
    Just today seen some one doing power cleans in the squat rack ;-) and some *kitten* hole standing above a bench curling the bench press bar.. I hate the days I can't get to the gym 5 am because apparently this is the *kitten* that goes on later on in the day.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Yep - I have seen it a lot. I don't care unless I want to use the squat rack to actually...well, squat!

I also saw someone benching in it the other day and then they started doing BB hip thrusts in it....no idea why.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    1001, 1002...

tumblr_ligynr8puG1qi76lno1_400.png
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    In my prime I was doing 115lbs for 6 reps, but as I've aged, I'm currently at 95lbs. My arms still rock.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    40 ounces....almost daily

• I'd just like to know if anyone has actually ever SEEN anyone curling in the squat rack?

Yep - I have seen it a lot. I don't care unless I want to use the squat rack to actually...well, squat!

I also saw someone benching in it the other day and then they started doing BB hip thrusts in it....no idea why.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Well, in their defense, BB hip thrusts would be just as funny OUT of the squat rack as I'm sure they were IN it.... OK, fair enough, you guys must live somewhere where that's some kind of trend. Around here, people tend to just use the squat rack for squatting. <shrugs shoulders>
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    It's decided then. When i get home, i'm going to curl in the fkn squat rack and reflect on how funny I'm not being.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    It's decided then. When i get home, i'm going to curl in the fkn squat rack and reflect on how funny I'm not being.

:angry:
  • It's decided then. When i get home, i'm going to curl in the fkn squat rack and reflect on how funny I'm not being.

Awesome sauce!! Sounds like fun! Make sure you post a pic so we can ALL reflect on the non-hilarity with you. :bigsmile: