Replies

• Roukie
    Roukie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fantm
    fantm Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My family loves this Plum-spiced chicken dish. 260 calories for the chicken and sauce, add steamed broccoli and a tiny bit of brown rice and it's about 300 cal.

Plum-Spiced Chicken

Ingredients
    • 4 Chicken Thigh (boneless, skinless)
    • 1/2 tsp Chinese Five-Spice powder
    • 1/2 tsp Salt
    • 4 Green Onions, chopped + more for garnish
    • 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    • 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
    • 1/2 cup Plum Jam
    • 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar

Directions
    In a bowl, toss the chicken thighs together with Chinese five-spice powder and salt.

In a nonstick skillet, heat extra-virgin olive oil until hot. Add chicken thighs and cook 5 minutes on each side, until browned and juices run clear. Transfer chicken to a plate; cover to keep warm.

In drippings in skillet, on medium heat, cook chopped green onions until browned, about three to four minutes.

Stir in chicken broth, plum jam and balsamic vinegar; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium and reduce down until sauce is syrupy; about four minutes. Return the chicken thighs to the skillet and coat with the sauce. Garnish with green onion.

Serves 4 people
    Calories per serving: 250
    Serve with rice and steamed broccoli.
  • goodsteve
    goodsteve Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kdewald
    kdewald Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but since I started I have been using the Pillsbury "Good for You! Health and Fast Recipes". They have great things to try and most are under 300 calories and I think there is only one over 500.

I attached the link and there might be a newer version by now

http://www.amazon.com/Pillsbury-Good-You-Healthy-Favorites/dp/0764597248/ref=pd_sim_b_2
  • meganwolsker
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE the website skinnytaste.com! Check it out!! Super yummy, nutritious lowfat/low cal food. I swear by it and cook most of my meals from there!
  • dennycraine
    Options
    bump
  • rdbro240
    Options
    bump
  • bodrvo
    bodrvo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    bump
  • garden_girl18
    garden_girl18 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yummy! These recipes all sound so good! A couple favorites of mine to make at home are:

Taco Salad:

1lb ground chicken
    1 jalapeno pepper
    1/2 white onion
    2 garlic cloves (more or less depending on your preference)
    cumin
    chili powder
    hot sauce (home made, with ingredients grown in my garden)
    lime juice (always fresh!)
    pinch of salt
    pepper

Chopped romain lettuce
    chopped tomatoes
    chopped cucumbers
    chopped green onions
    Black olives
    Shredded Low fat mozzarella cheese

Fresh salsa:
    tomato - 2 to 3
    jalapeno - 2
    onions - 1/2 to 1
    cilantro - 1/2 bunch
    lime juice - 1 to 2 limes
    salt to taste
    dash of hot sauce (home made)

Sautee jalapeno, onions & garlic over medium-high heat, adding a few table spoons of water to the pan so it doesn't burn (no oil or butter needed!). Cook until softened. Add in ground chicken and spices; cook until chicken is done, about 7 minutes. Add in hot sauce, turn down heat to low and let simmer while you prepare the salad.

Top salad with 1/3 cup chicken, 1/4 cup cheese and a few Tbsp of fresh salsa. DELISH! (Not sure what the exact calorie content of this meal is, but I would guess fairly low.
  • spackham
    spackham Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Bump Me

Vegi Burrito:
    Micro 1 cup of any mixture of froze vegetable. Heat 2 tortillas. Put veg it tortillas. Add a topping: Parmesan cheese,Teriyaki sauce, any blend of grilling spices, butter buds/spray. Serving size: 2 burritos
  • Jess3Loves
    Jess3Loves Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Wow, there has been a whole lot of bumpin goin on over here!
  • chazspk
    chazspk Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: bUmP lAtEr...
  • krissygirlusa
    Options
    1 cup of chicken and broccoli and 1/2 cup of steamed rice - chinese take out. That was my dinner last night and it added up to 300 cals.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    yah, new rule if you bump you have to leave a 300-cal meal idea:tongue:
    I realized my chili was less than 300 cals per serving and it is pretty satisfying-only ground beef, kidney beans, and diced tomatoes. I used the seasoning packet, which adds a few cals and a lot of sodium, so maybe others would get creative with their own spices. You could use ground turkey and white beans for a white chili and even fewer cals (or a larger serving!) or use salsa instead of tomatoes for flavor.
  • lprewett86
    lprewett86 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Bump!!!! Sounds delicious!!!! Sorry I didn't see the "post a recipe rule" to bump. :(
  • kimmiedeblock
    Options
    lots of these sound yummo! thanks
  • s_sanchez
    Options
    Bump...sounds yummy!
  • busub
    busub Posts: 58
    Options
    Making turkey burgers seasoned w/ parmesan, garlic, minced onion and an egg (as a binder), topped w/ low fat provolone and a hunk of tomato. Put that in between some sandwich thins for a calorie total of about 275 cal. I'm eating mine w/ a side of hummus and baby carrots. Grand total? About 325.
  • crunksally
    crunksally Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This sounds great!
  • sunnygirlray1
    Options
    I like to make tostadas. I usually have half cup refried beans spread on two shells with lettuce, tomotoe and sprinkle of cheese. It is good and around 300 calories. You can also add fat free sour cream for almost nothing.