What food do you blame for making you fat?

Options

Replies

• cue_chik
    cue_chik Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hmm... I don't blame any one food for making me overweight. I blame my lack of portion control and physical activity.
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    None. I blame my desk job and lack of activity.

that
    and
    rice, the staple food in my region,to feel full you have to eat a good amount and the positive calorie balance follows
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    None. I blame myself.

This. It was all me.
  • Ralphrabbit
    Ralphrabbit Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    All of the stuff that made it through my lips!!
    It took some time to get the problem I had!!
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    1. Fried Chicken / Chicken Strips / Wingstop
    2. Cheese -- both raw or melted with Rotel and spicy Jimmy Dean sausage (mmm extra sharp cheddar)
    3. Tacos made with fried tortilla shells
    4. Country Fried Steak meal from Chilis
    5. Spaghetti with tons of meat sauce and lots of garlic bread
    6. Fried Rice
    7. Steak night with 16 oz Ribeye or T-Bones, tons of gravy, loaded baked potatoes
    8. Potato Chips
    9. Fried Calzones (omg)
    10. Starbucks mocha / caramel frapps
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Nothing specific, just mindless eating. Probably emotionally-linked too.

Something MFP logging has helped me address.
  • marinebiologist_girl
    Options
    Chocolate bars.
  • NewDavenport
    NewDavenport Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    none, i blame myself for not controlling how much of the food i ate, i still eat what i like but within portion and not everyday if anything i have learned control and when to say no
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    jalapeno potato chips, and i didn't find them till after i started this program LOL
  • hzac89
    Options
    I had pizza 3 days a week and then macdonalds another 3 days. hardly an veges and even donuts for breakfast.. Eating on estimate 4000cals a day for a guy on a 2000 maintainence.. I ont blame the food though.. i just liked it and i didnt even notice i was getting really fat until i hit 253lbs. now im 185 and only occasional eat pizza. Havent touch macdonalds since though.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Chips and pizza
  • majica8
    majica8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Cheese I guess. I used have loads with spaghetti. I went through a stage of having 200ish grams of cheese every lunch with my microwave spag bol. As in, every day for several weeks.
    But just too much food in general. I never ate breakfast, would eat a lot for lunch, have a snack in the afternoon, eat a lot and unhealthily for dinner then eat sometime between then and bed. Yoghurts, crisps, pop tarts, whatever. Plus I had chocolate a fair bit. I'd improved with the snacking and the really bad habits over the last few years but it's only the last 3 months I've really been watching what I eat. While I was at school it was mostly comfort eating, since then it's just been for no reason really. I ate when I was hungry, sod the consequences. Not like that now though, in fact don't even get hungry that often apart from just coming up to meal times.
  • JUP1T3R
    Options
    Well I can say that I saw immediate change when i stopped eating fast food and soda. I have not partaken of fast food for about 6 months and drink nothing but water and the occasional a glass or two of milk. But mostly my weight gain was from lack of exercise and my horrible food portions.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    Well, the food didn't jump up into my mouth by itself, but seriously, bread, pasta,pototoes and rice in the unlimited quantities I ate them in. Actually, any mindless eating I did as well. Those foods were triggers that I never was satisified unless I had 2- 4 normal portions of.
  • MusicInMyHeart
    Options
    Everything and too much of it!
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I don't blame the foods, I blame the amounts which is squarely on my shoulders. :)
  • nikkicandi
    Options
    crap food, fried food, chocolate, sugar, fast food...

I'm an emotional eater and I binged ALOT.
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I can't blame the food, I blame the finger and the fork. They carried all the food...lol....No I really blame myself for not being strong enough to say no, no thanks or walking away. I still have the same forks and fingers they just take better direction now.
  • Yunnieh
    Yunnieh Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You can't blame food. Food doesn't jump in to your mouth and starts chewing itself.
  • trroper35
    Options
    I am the same way. It is a gross habit for which I kick myself for every time.