What are your goals for the new year - 2013?

Options

Replies

• dvc2013
    dvc2013 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! 29 year old female, just joined today. I got laid off in the fall and was super stressed out and my diet got way off, wasn't sleeping well, etc. I have a new job now and am doing damage control lol.

I'm overweight for my height (5'3") and need to lose at least 20lbs to get to somewhere around the "ideal" weight. I just ordered a scale so I can really keep track of progress--waiting for it to come in the mail.

Other goals include drinking water throughout the day, getting 7-8 hours of sleep each night, and dealing with daily stress better by journaling, exercising, and meditating (instead of reaching for the carbs lol).
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Slowly lose weight and keep it off. I would love to be twenty pounds lighter next year at this time. but we shall see. Weight goal would be 140lbs, then. Other goals would be to start (and keep) a savings account for adventure, not procrastinate when it comes to studying, hopefully bumping my average a bit, and maybe find a nice boy :B

Edit to add: learn how to rock climb!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    let me see if I can narrow this down a bit

10-15 pullups in a row
    half marathon time of 2:45 or less.
    run a 5K in <25 mins
    DL 225
    Get accustomed to and start owning the other 3 lifts.
    100 pushups
    50 burpees
    Finish school
    Invest in a new Camera
    2 fashion weeks
    Hike the Grand Canyon
    Do some work for a major magazine
    Do some social media networking with the girls at Marie Claire and Lucky
    Go back to LA and play on the Santa Monica Pier
    6 red carpet media events
    shoot at the big 6 venues in NYC
    MC an event
    Work a public speaking event
    Design a gown from beginning to end and see it manufactured and shipped.
    Go to DisneyWorld
    Go skiing
    Complete and finish the Spartan Sprint like the supernova I am.
  • yoovie
    Options
    I quit after work/gym goals. too much else happening.
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    1 - have baby
    2 - get to pre-baby weight
    3 - lose extra 10kgs
    4 - get my lift maxs back
    5 - increase my maxs
    6- qualify elite at Aus PL champs

6 is unlikely in 2013, but definitely possible by mid 2014.
  • rbl1225
    rbl1225 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Honestly to keep doing what I'm doing and not have any big slip ups like this past year and finally reach my goal :) If I can do that then it will be an amazing year.
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Become a better and healthier me.
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Now that I have lost the weight, my plan for 2013 is to tone up. Going to get back into lifting again. I could kick myself in the butt for ever stopping.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Hmmm

1. Lose 15-20 pounds
    2. Run a mile
    3. Get the rest of my s*** together.
  • yoovie
    Options
    I am the MOST ambitious person I know.
  • TheBoyEnigma
    TheBoyEnigma Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    To beat binge eating once and for all, and lose 10 lbs that it caused me to gain in the last year or so.
  • jojorocksforeva
    jojorocksforeva Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    To lose atleast 50 pounds:)
  • gimmegimmemoar
    gimmegimmemoar Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    To continue on the road to being happy! My best friend is getting married in June of 2014 and I want to be comfortable and weight to be the last thing on my mind! Feel free to add me everyone so we can accomplish these goals together!!!
  • LJA1968
    LJA1968 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Ok, I think I figured it out. I like this thread as it made me put things into perspective.

2013 GOALS

Keep doing 6-7 days per week of exercise. I love how I feel afterwards. 

Would like to try to aim for 10,000 steps per day and increased water intake.

Start to strength train "lift heavy things" LOL. Gonna look into body weight training. Apparently NerdFitness is a great place for this.

Get rid of my prediabetes, which continued weight loss will do. 

Reach my goal weight of 140, only 53 lbs to go. 

Spend more time doing things I enjoy which include reading, baking, knitting and crochet. 

Learn how to manage my time better. It always seems that I can't get things done. 

Purge, purge, and purge some more. I have way to much stuff in my house. I think this lends a hand in why I can't seem to get things done. I am very unorganized. 

Lastly, but not to say it isn't important, start a journal. I want to keep notes on my daily life. 

Forgot to add one....I want to formulate a plan to pay down debts.
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    BUMP...
  • starryfruit
    Options
    Well....my 2013 goals would be

Health/Exercise
    1. Lose 40 lbs
    2. Be able to run 30 minutes without wanting to die
    3. Make healthier food choices naturally and eventually learn to eat without calorie counting
    4. Log 200+ hours of Callanetics

Personal
    1. Pass all my exams with 90%+average
    2. Attain fluency in French
    3. Take the perfumery course I've been wanting to do forever
  • tigs728
    tigs728 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Continue:
    :bigsmile: Daily logging
    :bigsmile: Eating between BMR and TDEE
    :bigsmile: Losing weight and body fat
    :bigsmile: Increasing and mixing up the exercise

Get into:
    :bigsmile: Lifting heavy
    :bigsmile: My wardrobe of clothes
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Finally finish my group fitness cert!!! its been 2 yrs:( Lose 4 kilo that will be the last of my baby weight , work on gettn my muscles back!!
    Focus on my little boy ,maybe gain another qualification in fitness( not sure yet)
    Drink more water........
  • Hortensis
    Options
    Hi, everyone. Given continued"creeping obesity" (a term I laughed at 30 years ago) in spite of occasional erratic efforts to drop weight, my goal this year is modest but very real: to reverse course in a slow creep back to the wardrobe I never threw away with modest portion control, calorie counting, slight increase in exercise and muscle toning.

At 60 years old, 5'2" and 167.5 pounds (already lost a couple), that means an initial goal of 150 pounds, which will get me back into most of my nice clothes, and a final goal weight of 135, which will require me to go shopping for some of the new clothes I can only wish I could wear now.

Here's hoping 2013 will be well worth all the time we're going to invest in it for all of us. :flowerforyou: