NEW SHRED GROUP-WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• Schula03
    Schula03 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    L1D4 done! I was much better with everything, did a few rests, but not too many. I pretty much did all of the second & third circuits without stopping (except I did the alternative for bicycle crunches). Even though I haven't lost any weight in 2 weeks some of my MFP friends comments helped to make me feel better!

Is anyone else feeling like their calf muscles are getting bigger? I've always had big calf muscles, but omg when I pull the pant leg of my sweat pants up to my knees, I can almost not get it past my calves anymore! I do not want big man calves! How can I get these muscles to STOP getting bigger! I don't think there is any fat left in them just muscle but still they look huge. I really hope they get smaller as I lose weight or I will just not look right!

So I'm thinking of starting Jillian Michaels 30 day slimdown (uses 30 day shred, banish fat/boost metabolism, & no more trouble zones). But since I'm dedicated to this group even on the days it doesnt say to do Shred I'm still going to do it. I think I will make today Day 1 of the slimdown, since it only requires level 1 of shred... But I don't feel that I will get better at jumping jacks or jump rope unless I do it more often, even though I do other cardio. So I think L1D4 of shred is going to happen again later tonight!

If anyone else would like to incorporate the Slimdown into this routine, there was another forum on here that gave a good link for it... you can download the schedule, the 3 videos, etc. http://www.exercisetv.tv/workoutplans.aspx?id=1

Take a look at it & let me know what you think! I'm thinking it sounds like a good idea for me!

OH My calfs are huge toooo, I don't know if there is a way to make these babys smaller...seriously!!!!! it is soooo frustrating, if anyone has any ideas let me know!!!!!!
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    HELP! Not the least bit motivated to get the Shred done today....I just want to sleep!!!!

UGH! Why did I not drag my butt out of bed this morning!!!???
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    HELP! Not the least bit motivated to get the Shred done today....I just want to sleep!!!!

IF you Shred, THEN you can nap.
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Just finished L1 D8 and today was the best so far!!!! Yesterday I found the Shred really hard for some reason and was kind of dreading todays!!! Have just watched L2 as I might start that on day 11 but it looks soooo tough in places!!
  • canadagirl79
    Options
    okay, L1D4 just completed...it was a little bit easier but i still had to stop through some of the workouts.....maybe it was only better today because i put my bra on and then 2 sports bras so I was able to get through the jumping jacks :happy: :blushing:
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options

Come on girl.....I know you can suck it up! It's only 20 minutes and then you'll be done and feel so PROUD that you didn't give in. You're our leader.....now slip on those sweats and get movin':smile:
  • karmasBFF
    Options

Come on girl.....I know you can suck it up! It's only 20 minutes and then you'll be done and feel so PROUD that you didn't give in. You're our leader.....now slip on those sweats and get movin':smile:

Im your leader, huh???:sad: :laugh: That is soooo funny to me! But you are right! I will take my big *kitten* home and work on making it smaller! THANKS!!!!!!!
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options

you CAN do it!!! Believe me yesterday I didn't do it in the morning and I was soooooo tired ALL day! I MADE myself do it and of course it wasn't the effort I could normally give, but it was all the effort I had last night. So I made myself do it anyway. I tried to go to bed early, but didn't end up going to bed more than like 30 minutes earlier than normal. But today I feel much better!
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    Alright...off to SHRED!!! Thanks guys! You are the best! If nothing else, it will stop me from eating EVERYTHING in sight! for 20min anyway...
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    Alright...off to SHRED!!! Thanks guys! You are the best! If nothing else, it will stop me from eating EVERYTHING in sight! for 20min anyway...

Alright!!! Round 1 in the BAG!!!! About to start Round 2!!!!! BAM!!! I AM ON FIRE!!!!!!! LITERALLY!!!!!!!!
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    L2D20 is in the bag! I am thankful for that! Tomorrow I take my measurements & compare them to Level 1 's. Level 3 starts & I'm scurred!!!!!! :embarassed:
  • callie365
    Options
    I dont have problems with my shins, but left knee. I modify the jump ropes with fast marching in places still moving my hands like a rope. I think if it hurts modify.. so it does not :smile:

Also JM has a dvd Cardio Kick Boxing... in it she does "fast feet".....ittty bitty- barely off the ground steps real fast, that dont hurt, anything to keep your heart rate elevated.

Thank you so much for this tip! I ended up taking a break yesterday from Shred because my shins were actually in more pain than I realized. This morning when I went to do it I did the "fast feet" instead. I still did my arms, but the feet thing was so much better. It didn't hurt at all and I think it got my heart rate higher than just the jumping! L1D8 done!

Ya-aaaaa For you glad it helped!!:smile:

I beleive you said you had your own stretch plan for your shins?? Have you tried tapping your toes, you can do it while your at the computer even .......some one told me it helps... dont know?
  • callie365
    Options

Alright!!! Round 1 in the BAG!!!! About to start Round 2!!!!! BAM!!! I AM ON FIRE!!!!!!! LITERALLY!!!!!!!!

Rock N Roll !!!! :smile:
  • callie365
    Options
    L2D20 is in the bag! I am thankful for that! Tomorrow I take my measurements & compare them to Level 1 's. Level 3 starts & I'm scurred!!!!!! :embarassed:

WOW... WTG!! Did you like LI compared to 2?
  • karmasBFF
    Options

Rock N Roll !!!! :smile:

Round 2: DONE!!!

WOOOHHHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish we could make bigger fonts!!!! I feel soooooo good!!!! SWEATY, but GOOD!!!!!!!!!!

560 calories in less than 60 minutes!!!!!!!

BTW, my son (who takes hip hop classes) gave me this tip for balance....you know how at the end you have to pull your leg behind you to stretch?? If you pull on the OPPOSITE ear, you will easily find your balance...I was damn near falling over and when I tried it, it worked!! Made focusing on stretching so much easier!
  • karmasBFF
    Options

Doin it big, Lee!!!! Cant wait to see your results! What was your impression of L2 versus L1?
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Wooo hooo D3 L1 is finished! Can't wait to get up early tomorrow and do D4 L1.
  • apatrick23
    Options
    Hello fellow shredders!!!

I just got finished with L1D4 and I can tell it's getting easier little by little. My legs and arms are not sore anymore but my calves are on fire. This just started today so I don't know what to think? I guess I'll just have to push through the pain tomorrow or perhaps a super steamy bubble bath tonight? I think I deserve a little treat!
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options

AWESOME! I look forward to hearing your results tomorrow! You are going to be fine on Level 3 and before you know it you will be done 30 day shred!
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    So I decided to do L1D4 again today! Especially since I want to have enough cardio everyday, I want to get better at this workout, and I'm starting 30 day slimdown. I also did 20 minutes on the elliptical.

I have to agree with Karma... it feels GREAT! I think I did better on the shred the second time today. Everything seemed much easier (even the bicycle crunches that I hate sooo much haha) I'm definitely still not ready to move on to level 2, but I'm getting more confident in my ability to do level 1!!!!!!!

I'm not sure if my bodybugg is calculating my calories right or not. I was thinking maybe it was because the workouts are getting a little easier for me? Then again I'm putting even more effort in and still sweating the same or more. But I was burning around 250 calories from it before, but now today the first time it said 178 calories, then the second time it said 163 calores. Then I did the elliptical and was like dripping sweat & it said I burned 140 calories, but even the elliptical said 176 (without knowing my weight and everything else). Not sure if this is right or not I definitely need to invest in a HRM