NEW SHRED GROUP-WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I commend all of you for putting your pics up!!! I just can't get the nerve to do mine. But I will after I have something amazing to compare it to(hopefully)!! I got up in time to do my L1D3 but started reading my "love dare" book and ended up not having enough time to do the work out. So , I ended up doing the gazelle this morning for 150 calories. I plan on doing it tonight though. Im telling you my inner thighs and arms are KILLING me!! It is not as bad as the first time that I did the shred a couple weeks ago but I am starting to remember now how I lost 5 inches in my waist in a month!! A hope this gives you all a little incentive! It will be worth it in the end!! Good Luck and kick some booty!!!

WOw! 5 inches in a month....I am so ready to be even 2 inches smaller!!! LOL
  • crmldlyte
    Options
    Karma, is there a grocery list to be used in conjuntion with this shred? I didn't sign up or Jillian's inline 30 day trial.
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    Karma, is there a grocery list to be used in conjuntion with this shred? I didn't sign up or Jillian's inline 30 day trial.

I didn't sign up for it either so I couldnt tell you for sure...but I've never heard that before. There is a thread around here (posted today) about public food diaries...all the people that have replied have public diaries....I think its a great resource for finding new ideas from people that have the same goal as you. Not everyone eats great all the time, but there are definitely some great ideas!

Just make sure you are staying over at a minimum of 1200 NET calories...NET being the key word!
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    Hope it's not too late for me to join - I just started the Shred last night - totally kicked my butt!! I could barely move this morning!! I feel like a truck hit me! Here's to day L1D2!! :drinker:

Welcome!!! Make sure you stretch throughout the day today. I know I keep repeating this, but it really does make the BIGGEST difference!

Just curious what type of stretching have you been doing? I did some stretching which helped my arms a lot now they are only a little bit sore, but my abs are still sore. My legs aren't bad except if I go up and down the stairs a lot.
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    Managed to power my way through L1D2 last night.. only stopped once when my leg cramped up. :)
    Here's hoping tonight is a little easier..
    Is anyone finding it easier to do the video in the morning rather than after work? I've always done my exercises when I get home but I'm wondering if it would be worth getting up early to do before I leave.

I think it depends on if your a morning person or not. Personally I like to do the Shred in the morning. I woke up late today and will have to do it later, but I noticed since I didn't do it this morning I'm a bit more tired, seem to want to pick at any food that's nearby (even though I'm managing not to!) and am hungry earlier on. I had my same big breakfast as normal, but I'm hungry sooner then I would normally be. I hate missing morning workouts. But I do other cardio at night, so it's really what works for you
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    Managed to power my way through L1D2 last night.. only stopped once when my leg cramped up. :)
    Here's hoping tonight is a little easier..
    Is anyone finding it easier to do the video in the morning rather than after work? I've always done my exercises when I get home but I'm wondering if it would be worth getting up early to do before I leave.

I think it depends on if your a morning person or not. Personally I like to do the Shred in the morning. I woke up late today and will have to do it later, but I noticed since I didn't do it this morning I'm a bit more tired, seem to want to pick at any food that's nearby (even though I'm managing not to!) and am hungry earlier on. I had my same big breakfast as normal, but I'm hungry sooner then I would normally be. I hate missing morning workouts. But I do other cardio at night, so it's really what works for you

I also like doing my workout in the AM. When I get it done in the morning It just seems like I have more energy throughout the day.....plus I have no motivation/energy for Shredding after a long day at the office.
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options

also, what are some of the other good dvd's of jillians....that would be similar to to the 30 day shred

From reading some other forums on Jillian Michaels Dvd's, I've heard her Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism is really good, it's a lot of cardio. And then her no more trouble zones is supposed to be good like the shred, it's more strength training. I'm not sure because I have ordered them from Amazon and they should be arriving later today or tomorrow!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Yep I definitely skipped this morning...I got on the treadmill last night to try and C25K through the pain and I ended up only running for 2 5-minute stretches (which of course I should be really proud of because not long ago a 5 minute run was a dream to me) but the PAIN OH DEAR GOD THE PAIN was too much and I had to walk out the rest of the hour. Still, got 350 cals burned so it was worth it.

Tonight I'll just do the elliptical, then tomorrow back to Shredding. You guys pushing through the soreness are AWESOME! Way to go you crazy workout monsters! :drinker:
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    Yep I definitely skipped this morning...I got on the treadmill last night to try and C25K through the pain and I ended up only running for 2 5-minute stretches (which of course I should be really proud of because not long ago a 5 minute run was a dream to me) but the PAIN OH DEAR GOD THE PAIN was too much and I had to walk out the rest of the hour. Still, got 350 cals burned so it was worth it.

Tonight I'll just do the elliptical, then tomorrow back to Shredding. You guys pushing through the soreness are AWESOME! Way to go you crazy workout monsters! :drinker:

HA! Me?? A Crazy Workout Monster??? Wow!! Who wouldve thunk that!!!!???? LOL

NO monster here, just so tired of the excuses I give myself! I want this and only hail and high water will stop me! And I will still spend all of my calories looking for a dryspot! LOL
  • canadagirl79
    Options
    okay, i just finished L1D3 and it was freaking painful lol....my guy was shaking all around and it was so sore..i hope that means my gut is starting to get the hint that i no longer want it around and it's slowing walking away LMAO

my feet were really sore today...and i don't have a very good bra, so i'm surprised i haven't knocked myself out yet with all this jumping around..i'm gonna have to put my sports bra on too i think so i can keep them in place.

you know what though, everyday i put on my facebook what my progress is, and I am so shocked at how many people have been telling me that i've motivated them!
  • canadagirl79
    Options
    another thing, i have a measuring tape here (one that is used at bra shops, etc..you know, the long white one) but for some reason, I can never seem to measure myself correctly :(
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    another thing, i have a measuring tape here (one that is used at bra shops, etc..you know, the long white one) but for some reason, I can never seem to measure myself correctly :(

Check on the initial thread "NEW SHRED GROUP-STARTING MONDAY" I posted a link that shows how to measure and where. It even has a picture! Then measure in the same spot every time!
  • crmldlyte
    Options

I didn't sign up for it either so I couldnt tell you for sure...but I've never heard that before. There is a thread around here (posted today) about public food diaries...all the people that have replied have public diaries....I think its a great resource for finding new ideas from people that have the same goal as you. Not everyone eats great all the time, but there are definitely some great ideas!

Just make sure you are staying over at a minimum of 1200 NET calories...NET being the key word!

That what people mean by eat your calories to make sure your body doesn't go into starvation mode? So if I eat 1200 per day regularly, work out and gain 200 back, I need to eat those 200 as well?
  • canadagirl79
    Options
    have any of you continued to lose weight while still doing the shred?? this is my biggest fear is that i"m not going to continue losing the weight like i have....and that i'm going to end up buliding up muscle, therefore gaining the weight....if i'm doing the 25k as well, should I still notice some weight loss?
  • cmurphy04722
    Options
    You won't gain muscle while losing weight. If anything, you'll tone the muscle you already have. Gaining muscle involves eating tons and tons of calories and protein and using lots of weights/reps to build muscle. So no worries on that bit :-)

I am on day 6 (or is it 7?? I know I skipped one day to help friends move...blerg) and I have still been slowly dropping. I lose about a pound per week. And I've lost since starting the shred. And I eat all my exercise calories :-)
  • karmasBFF
    Options

That what people mean by eat your calories to make sure your body doesn't go into starvation mode? So if I eat 1200 per day regularly, work out and gain 200 back, I need to eat those 200 as well?

Yup!
  • canadagirl79
    Options
    You won't gain muscle while losing weight. If anything, you'll tone the muscle you already have. Gaining muscle involves eating tons and tons of calories and protein and using lots of weights/reps to build muscle. So no worries on that bit :-)

I am on day 6 (or is it 7?? I know I skipped one day to help friends move...blerg) and I have still been slowly dropping. I lose about a pound per week. And I've lost since starting the shred. And I eat all my exercise calories :-)

great thanks.....hopefully with doing these 2 programs i will lose the weight faster than I have been...

do you guys do the shred everyday or do u take breaks in between?

i will be doing the c25k every 2nd day but had planned on doing the shred 5 days a week
  • tasha30
    tasha30 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Do you guys do your shred EVERYDAY?
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    Do you guys do your shred EVERYDAY?

So far, yes. and I plan on keeping that up! Though, my body may have a different plan for me! :laugh:
  • chelleim
    Options
    Day 1 of Shred was yesterday. It was rough getting through it but was energized afterwards! My day is now winding down. I just had tap dancing lessons and now my body is starting to ache. Can't wait until tomorrow!