NEW SHRED GROUP-WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!!!
    I am on L2D19, I am going to do my 10Min Trainer Yoga as well and later on I am going to try & ride the Spin Bike for 30mins. I really had a bad day yesterday & need to redeem myself. I did eat smart & did burn 456 calories but, I just didn't feel like I did all that great. I am hoping for some great #'s! Friday, I will be moving on to Level 3, which means, new measurements & how much I lost during Level 2. I will keep you all posted.

Have a great 1 Ya'll!!!!

Cant wait to see those results!!! You kick butt!!!
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    Hope it's not too late for me to join - I just started the Shred last night - totally kicked my butt!! I could barely move this morning!! I feel like a truck hit me! Here's to day L1D2!! :drinker:

Welcome!!! Make sure you stretch throughout the day today. I know I keep repeating this, but it really does make the BIGGEST difference!
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    Has anyone seen the Push Ups get any easier through out the course of this? I hate those strength moves the most!!!!

Believe me I'm TERRIBLE at pushups. Surprisingly the first day I wasn't too bad at them, then yesterday I got 12 done the first time around and then only 10 the second time around, and that's doing them the girly way. I'm hoping they get easier though!

They seem to get easier for me...but I still cant do all of them...and Im doing them the girly way! But IT IS GETTING EASIER!!!

Seriously I think they are getting harder, the more sore I am..... LOL I can do 10 regular and the rest on the knees!!!!!!!! :)

At least you're doing them, right????? Good job!
  • karen366
    karen366 Posts: 141
    Options
    L1D5....made it through! I only had one 5 second breather! The last interval I was able to do ALL the cardio without stopping! If things keep progressing like this, I will go on to level 2 at the 10 day mark...I haven't allowed myself to watch the Level 2..I don't want to scare myself..lol.

I feel great..I will do another 20 minutes or so on the treadmill tonight.
  • Trakandrose
    Trakandrose Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    L1D2 complete! I didn't feel sick at all today, and I was able to make it through all the cardio without stopping! I'm sore, but I will stretch it out throughout the day. Maybe I should mix some Wii Fit Yoga on the days I don't have school, to help stretch out the muscles.
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I am hobbling around like an 80 year old, and am only on L1D3...if I make it though today...haha. My abs hurt and my legs feel like they got run over, but it is a good kind of sore. Knowing me, I will end up fighting my way through again today...although I may not do the treadmill afterwards like I usually have the past two days.
  • Semmons
    Options
    Managed to power my way through L1D2 last night.. only stopped once when my leg cramped up. :)
    Here's hoping tonight is a little easier..
    Is anyone finding it easier to do the video in the morning rather than after work? I've always done my exercises when I get home but I'm wondering if it would be worth getting up early to do before I leave.
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    Managed to power my way through L1D2 last night.. only stopped once when my leg cramped up. :)
    Here's hoping tonight is a little easier..
    Is anyone finding it easier to do the video in the morning rather than after work? I've always done my exercises when I get home but I'm wondering if it would be worth getting up early to do before I leave.

I love the energy it gives me when I excercise in the morning! This is the first time I have tried it and I absolutely LOVE it! Its true, what they say, about having it done and not something to deal with later....and it definitely leaves a 2nd round option open for those that want more!!
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    Everyone is doing sooooo great!

FYI, we have motivated others to do this now! Some are doing it, but are shy and haven'y posted to this thread, but two of my people are shredding with us! GREAT JOB EVERYBODY!!!!
  • canadagirl79
    Options
    oh my word ladies, I am in sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much pain today..LOL......my sides and legs hurt sooooooooooooo bad...someone please reassure me this is GOOD kind of sore HA

to an earlier posted that said the 27mins logged came up at a little over 200cals burned....i am logged the circuit training, general and all i am doing is putting in 22 mins for the workout and it keeps saying it's over 300cals burned....could the difference be if our weights are different and I have more to lose than someone else??
  • crmldlyte
    Options
    Hey Shredders! I began shredding on 2/22/2010 with Level 1. I had to stop & catch my breath a few times and the push-up kicked my butt. Oh yeah the side to side dumb bell thingies where you lifted them to eye level...those damn near killed me!

When I woke up the next morning (2/23) I was sore but could cope. So I did Level 1 Day 2 after work. Only stopped to catch my breath twice. My HRM was going bananas but whatever. I wasn't stopping and I wasn't sure how to decrease my heart rate without giving up.

Today, 2/24, I could hardly get out of the bed! I must have injured my right toe because it wont bend as I'm trying to walk. Anyone experience this? What relieves the pain? I've been trying to force it to curl SLOWLY but it's just not having it! I'm also massaging it trying to loosen it up; it's like stuck! I have to walk by favoring my right leg.

I'm going to push through Day 3 after work and if I dont post tomorrow that means I died Shredding! LOL. I'm about to try and post my before pics in this thread if I can get them to work so stay tuned....:wink:
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    oh my word ladies, I am in sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much pain today..LOL......my sides and legs hurt sooooooooooooo bad...someone please reassure me this is GOOD kind of sore HA

to an earlier posted that said the 27mins logged came up at a little over 200cals burned....i am logged the circuit training, general and all i am doing is putting in 22 mins for the workout and it keeps saying it's over 300cals burned....could the difference be if our weights are different and I have more to lose than someone else??

I have no clue...because for the full 27 minutes I get over 300 too. But in reality my HRM is reflecting 291 calories for 27 minutes...not sure...
    And yes it is a GREAT sore!
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    Hey Shredders! I began shredding on 2/22/2010 with Level 1. I had to stop & catch my breath a few times and the push-up kicked my butt. Oh yeah the side to side dumb bell thingies where you lifted them to eye level...those damn near killed me!

When I woke up the next morning (2/23) I was sore but could cope. So I did Level 1 Day 2 after work. Only stopped to catch my breath twice. My HRM was going bananas but whatever. I wasn't stopping and I wasn't sure how to decrease my heart rate without giving up.

Today, 2/24, I could hardly get out of the bed! I must have injured my right toe because it wont bend as I'm trying to walk. Anyone experience this? What relieves the pain? I've been trying to force it to curl SLOWLY but it's just not having it! I'm also massaging it trying to loosen it up; it's like stuck! I have to walk by favoring my right leg.

I'm going to push through Day 3 after work and if I dont post tomorrow that means I died Shredding! LOL. I'm about to try and post my before pics in this thread if I can get them to work so stay tuned....:wink:

You could have gout....sounds similar to how I felt when I had it. Nothing you can do about it....reducing sodium intake helps avoid it (that's what a co-worker said).

LOL@ died shredding! You will be fine and you will prevail! You can do this!!!!
  • canadagirl79
    Options
    i swear jillian is gonna kill me

how soon did people start noticing a change?? i try to do the jumping jacks and skip rope onces a little harder, but my gut keeps flopping around everywhere LOL...i just want to get rid of it, so I am REALLY REALLY hoping that it's going to work and FAST...i'm doing the couch to 5k also...but that i will be doing every 2nd day so I don't push it too much....i can't even get the energy to clean my house today i'm so darn sore.....

and my knees keep cracking...i'll have to try those ones with not bending my kness too far..

also, what are some of the other good dvd's of jillians....that would be similar to to the 30 day shred
  • sspalding
    sspalding Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hey I got L1D3 in this am! My legs are going to fall off. Being a nurse I am up and down alot in my work and want to scream each time.( I do not think my patients would understand!) I still have my jump rope on the floor and with my jumping jacks I get about half of them in. The cardio kills me! I think I will be on level one for awhile but it was some what better today than day 1. Come on and keep going! We can and will do this!
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    Hey I got L1D3 in this am! My legs are going to fall off. Being a nurse I am up and down alot in my work and want to scream each time.( I do not think my patients would understand!) I still have my jump rope on the floor and with my jumping jacks I get about half of them in. The cardio kills me! I think I will be on level one for awhile but it was some what better today than day 1. Come on and keep going! We can and will do this!

Please dont let your legs fall off; being a nurse, I'm sure you understand how bad that can be...:wink:
  • crmldlyte
    Options
    Started MFP 1/25/2010 @ 150 lbs:sad:
    Current Weight 2/19/2010 @ 146 lbs:bigsmile:
    Goal Weight 135 lbs :drinker:
    Started Shred on 2/22/2010
    Measurements 2/24/2010
    Neck: 12.5
    Bust: 33 (bee stings)
    Arms: 11
    Waist: 31.5 (sucking in)
    Waist: 33 (not sucking in)
    Hips: 40.5 (bootylicious)
    Thighs: 24.5
    Calves: 14.5

Now for the before pics...drum roll please....or shotgun (whichever's clever)!

550415_2519.jpg?1938
    550415_3339.jpg?1938
    550415_2056.jpg?1938
  • crmldlyte
    Options

You could have gout....sounds similar to how I felt when I had it. Nothing you can do about it....reducing sodium intake helps avoid it (that's what a co-worker said).

LOL@ died shredding! You will be fine and you will prevail! You can do this!!!!

GOUT??? Holy Canoly...lemme go on webmd real quick to see what that's about. I never add extra sodium to my meals but I'm sure the foods I eat have enough in it already!
  • cmurphy04722
    Options
    I finished D6L1 today, whoo! To add my 2 cents on the calories burned...I use 8 pound weights and have a Polar 4 HRM. I turn it on just before the warm-up and turn it off after the cool down. It's about 27 minutes, and I average 265 calories. Some days it's almost 300 when I push super hard (today was 270) but on day 2 (when I used a resistance band to help my sore arms out a little) I burned like 240.

Generally, I'd say I'm 265cal./30Day Shred workout on level 1. I am 5'4" and weigh 164 pounds.
  • mrsgiffin
    Options
    I commend all of you for putting your pics up!!! I just can't get the nerve to do mine. But I will after I have something amazing to compare it to(hopefully)!! I got up in time to do my L1D3 but started reading my "love dare" book and ended up not having enough time to do the work out. So , I ended up doing the gazelle this morning for 150 calories. I plan on doing it tonight though. Im telling you my inner thighs and arms are KILLING me!! It is not as bad as the first time that I did the shred a couple weeks ago but I am starting to remember now how I lost 5 inches in my waist in a month!! A hope this gives you all a little incentive! It will be worth it in the end!! Good Luck and kick some booty!!!