NEW SHRED GROUP-WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options

Good Morning Fellow Shred~ders

I totally agree Consistency is the key!! Glad your better now Karen:smile:

Today is my off day but I will be doing the stationary bike, durning Biggest Loser tonite!

Any other watchers?

Hmmm, I thought Biggest Loser wasnt back on until the 8th...because of the Olympics????

Sorry, itsback next Tuesday, the 2nd! Cant wait!

The 2nd isnt so bad!!

Nah, only one more week! Let's kick *kitten* so by the time it comes back on, we can be like "HA! SISSIES!!!!" LOL
  • callie365
    Options

Good Morning Fellow Shred~ders

I totally agree Consistency is the key!! Glad your better now Karen:smile:

Today is my off day but I will be doing the stationary bike, durning Biggest Loser tonite!

Any other watchers?

Hmmm, I thought Biggest Loser wasnt back on until the 8th...because of the Olympics????

Sorry, itsback next Tuesday, the 2nd! Cant wait!

The 2nd isnt so bad!!

Nah, only one more week! Let's kick *kitten* so by the time it comes back on, we can be like "HA! SISSIES!!!!" LOL

SMIRKING..... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • bethany_85
    Options
    I just did L1D7 today and it is definitely more managable than the first couple of days where it hurt to move afterword. I also don't feel like I want to vomit anymore during or after it- haha! Is anyone having trouble wiith the jump rope part? It KILLS my shins. I can keep up with it but it really hurts. I don't know if I should stop or keep up with it since it is just shins, but dang! It doesn't hurt when I'm done and as soon as I stop jumping I'm fine, but during the jumping I'm in a lot of pain.
  • Semmons
    Options
    I'm not much looking forward to doing L1D2 when I get home tonight. I'm a little sore in the legs from last night... I won't skip though. I am determined to look good in my bathing suit this summer!
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    I just did L1D7 today and it is definitely more managable than the first couple of days where it hurt to move afterword. I also don't feel like I want to vomit anymore during or after it- haha! Is anyone having trouble wiith the jump rope part? It KILLS my shins. I can keep up with it but it really hurts. I don't know if I should stop or keep up with it since it is just shins, but dang! It doesn't hurt when I'm done and as soon as I stop jumping I'm fine, but during the jumping I'm in a lot of pain.

The jump rope part doesn't hurt my shins, but like my chest. Honestly, if it hurts your shins a lot I wouldn't do that part, or you can do a modified version. I keep my hands moving, but I kind of do 1 leg at a time. I have shin splints so if I walk on a tredmill for too long I can really feel them and it hurts. I never thought of stopping, but then in high school a girl I was friends with had shin splints and she ended up damaging them more. She had to wear a cast on the one leg for awhile because she pushed it too hard when they hurt. I never knew that was possible to do that much damage to a shin!
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    I'm not much looking forward to doing L1D2 when I get home tonight. I'm a little sore in the legs from last night... I won't skip though. I am determined to look good in my bathing suit this summer!

Strecth throuhgout the day today! It really helps release the lactic acid that causes the soreness in the first place! I have been stretching throughout the day so that I am feeling ok by the morning. It worked last night and as I am stretching at my desk today, I can feel the soreness minimizing.
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    Good luck with day two everyone!
    By tomorrow you will be starting to notice that it's already way easier for you to get through it without it being so much of a struggle which was a huge motivator for me!
  • karmasBFF
    Options

The jump rope part doesn't hurt my shins, but like my chest. Honestly, if it hurts your shins a lot I wouldn't do that part, or you can do a modified version. I keep my hands moving, but I kind of do 1 leg at a time. I have shin splints so if I walk on a tredmill for too long I can really feel them and it hurts. I never thought of stopping, but then in high school a girl I was friends with had shin splints and she ended up damaging them more. She had to wear a cast on the one leg for awhile because she pushed it too hard when they hurt. I never knew that was possible to do that much damage to a shin!

Try doing some research on the issue before you completely give up! Look for articles that focus on what jump-roping does for your body, especially your shins-and then decide from there if its something you should stop. But like Jerzee said, maybe take it easy in doing less reps until you determine what's best.
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I did L2D18 OMG I can't believe I'm almost into level 3!!! YIKES!!!
    I am doing each level for 10 Days, if I don't perfect it......... there is always next go around.
    When I was on level 1 I could not get past the 2nd set of jumping jacks without taking a breather. The cardio kicked my tail in both levels. I don't think I'll ever be used to the beat down Jillian gives!!!

JerzeeGirl- I so agree with you about a good sports bra, it's more work when you have the girls battling you as well. Target was having a sale in Jan & I racked up on Champion Sports Bras for $3.00 each, yeah they all are green but, they work! :happy: I also use a belly band that makes your stomach sweat like crazy, this helps me with all the jumping she has us doing!!

I am still rocking out with the 5lb weights though in level 2 there are these V raises with squat, I have to drop the weights on the 2nd set! My Abs are on fire with level 2! I love that feeling.

Karma- you know since you sent me that link about how important stretching is I haven't felt any pain in my legs, I guess I'm doing something right! I know I'm getting stronger but, this workout is beating me down, I am almost through it & will keep pushing.
    My St.Maarten trip is in less than 2 weeks so I have something to work towards!

Have great day Ladies & keep pushing through the pain!!!!
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I am still rocking out with the 5lb weights though in level 2 there are these V raises with squat, I have to drop the weights on the 2nd set! My Abs are on fire with level 2! I love that feeling.

I have such a hard time with those V raises. I could only do 3lb weights the first set and then nothing on the second. I don't have those muscles lol
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options

What about doing 'double jumps'. If you look in level 2 or level 3 they do double jumps where you jump higher and a little less fast. I find this easier. I also got new running shoes, and this made a big difference to me as well. I just jogged on the spot the second set the first few days of level one due to the same problem, so that my heart rate stayed up.
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    I did L2D18 OMG I can't believe I'm almost into level 3!!! YIKES!!!
    I am doing each level for 10 Days, if I don't perfect it......... there is always next go around.
    When I was on level 1 I could not get past the 2nd set of jumping jacks without taking a breather. The cardio kicked my tail in both levels. I don't think I'll ever be used to the beat down Jillian gives!!!

JerzeeGirl- I so agree with you about a good sports bra, it's more work when you have the girls battling you as well. Target was having a sale in Jan & I racked up on Champion Sports Bras for $3.00 each, yeah they all are green but, they work! :happy: I also use a belly band that makes your stomach sweat like crazy, this helps me with all the jumping she has us doing!!

Karma- you know since you sent me that link about how important stretching is I haven't felt any pain in my legs, I guess I'm doing something right! I know I'm getting stronger but, this workout is beating me down, I am almost through it & will keep pushing.
    My St.Maarten trip is in less than 2 weeks so I have something to work towards!

Lee, you are QUITE the expert, huh??? I love that you check in on us! Soooo cool!!!!

Too bad I missed that sale on the bras...my girls kick my butt! (or my chin I should say! LMBO!!!)
  • callie365
    Options

I dont have problems with my shins, but left knee. I modify the jump ropes with fast marching in places still moving my hands like a rope. I think if it hurts modify.. so it does not :smile:

Also JM has a dvd Cardio Kick Boxing... in it she does "fast feet".....ittty bitty- barely off the ground steps real fast, that dont hurt, anything to keep your heart rate elevated.
  • karmasBFF
    Options

I dont have problems with my shins, but left knee. I modify the jump ropes with fast marching in places still moving my hands like a rope. I think if it hurts modify.. so it does not :smile:

Also JM has a dvd Cardio Kick Boxing... in it she does "fast feet".....ittty bitty- barely off the ground steps real fast, that dont hurt, anything to keep your heart rate elevated.

I, too, do the fast marching when it becomes difficult. One thing I keep in mind is my heartrate. I am all about raising my heartrate but not over my target max...so I take it easier when it gets too high!
  • rhonswan
    Options
    Looks like you guys started the other day, but I've heard a lot about this video and think I will go pick it up today after work - maybe I can jump in tomorrow?

Rhonda
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    Looks like you guys started the other day, but I've heard a lot about this video and think I will go pick it up today after work - maybe I can jump in tomorrow?

Rhonda

Absolutely!

Its available at Target for $10, Walmart for $8.86 :wink:
  • det3386
    det3386 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred also so I was wondering if I could join this group. I was just wondering how you log the 30 day shred on this site since it is a mix of cardio and strength...Thanks and I will check back with all of you tomorrow! I am definitely sore today :)
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hi All, I have just done L1 D6 and it was definitely better today!!!! everything seemed a BIT easier!! but I do still find the Cardio much harder than the strength parts. The aching muscles have gone as well ...... until level 2 I guess!!!!
  • karmasBFF
    Options

Rhonda

Absolutely!

Its available at Target for $10, Walmart for $8.86 :wink:

It seems to fit my HRM perfectly with Cicuit Training at 20 minutes. But thats at my body specs....everyone is different. Ive heard it ranges between 240-300. Hope this helps!
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    Hi All, I have just done L1 D6 and it was definitely better today!!!! everything seemed a BIT easier!! but I do still find the Cardio much harder than the strength parts. The aching muscles have gone as well ...... until level 2 I guess!!!!

There is hope! LOL