NEW SHRED GROUP-WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    So I finished day 3 level one...I am noticing a difference in stamina...one thing...make sure you have a very good supportive bra on...I obviously didn't today..and the jumping jacks and jump roping were uncomfortable..

I noticed this too; I had a simple VS cotton bra on and lets just say I almost knocked myself out! LOL

My belly and the "pooch" seemed to jump around more than I did too, so thinking about wearing something around my waist to keep everything in place!

Oh I SOOOO know what you mean!! I wore a spaghetti strap type top. . not alot of support. Have learned my lesson! Just about came away with 2 black eyes lol. If you have the "pooch" like me (& no, folks we are not talking the 4 legged kind) tht kinda hurts too when it bounces. But 1 day soon that will be gone. It didn't appear overnite & won't go away overnite but I m whittling away at it. Can't do anything about my top 'cept support my girls!! Hope I can at least move in the morning!

Yes, my pooch beats me up on the jumping moves, too! Gotta get some stretch granny pannies to keep it all in place til its gone!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Day 2...IN THE BAG!!!

I almost didnt get up! My son slept on my right arm and it was sore as it was soooo I was in aweful pain!! but then I thought about all of you and my commitment to this group (especially cuz it was my "genius" idea to start it! LOL) so I got my butt out of bed (pretty late) and did it! I felt so good afterwards! Its already getting easier for me!

My legs are good (I can leg press 415lbs so I think I have sufficient muscle under all this fat!), my abs are good ('cept when I laugh too hard) but OMG, my arms!!!! I want to pull them off and let them rest on my desk for a day just to recover! But I feel great knowing that they are my weakest link and that will be NO MORE after these workouts! Still doing to girlie pushups and do GREAT all the way through...except for the arm stuff-I have to stop every few reps or at least do them slower than Jillian and her girls! But its, working I can feel it!

My Buster (he's my doggie) had another seizure last night and is officially epileptic :frown: but he is on meds now so hopefully it will be controlled, but the stress is NO GOOD. Thank God excercise releases endorphines!

Great day to all of you!

Aw sorry to hear about Buster :( I used to have a roommate with an epileptic dog, it was tough to manage but she was an awesome doggie!

So my alarm clock went off, I turned it (accidentally) off instead of hitting snooze, but then woke up anyway 10 minutes later! So I figured that was a sign for sure and got right to it.

My arms hurt, like under my armpits. Very much. Same with my quads and inner thighs...ouch! I did the front raises one arm at a time, and did standup pushups off the bar for the second set. I even took 4 tylenol before the workout but it hasn't helped.

I did 45 min on the elliptical last night..still gotta get those calories burned.

So is the rule no days off or what lol??? I gotta know!
  • karen366
    karen366 Posts: 141
    Options
    YEAH! L1D4 is done! Come on ladies and gentlemen(not sure if there are men joining us yet or not)..you can do it!
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    Day 2...IN THE BAG!!!

I almost didnt get up! My son slept on my right arm and it was sore as it was soooo I was in aweful pain!! but then I thought about all of you and my commitment to this group (especially cuz it was my "genius" idea to start it! LOL) so I got my butt out of bed (pretty late) and did it! I felt so good afterwards! Its already getting easier for me!

My legs are good (I can leg press 415lbs so I think I have sufficient muscle under all this fat!), my abs are good ('cept when I laugh too hard) but OMG, my arms!!!! I want to pull them off and let them rest on my desk for a day just to recover! But I feel great knowing that they are my weakest link and that will be NO MORE after these workouts! Still doing to girlie pushups and do GREAT all the way through...except for the arm stuff-I have to stop every few reps or at least do them slower than Jillian and her girls! But its, working I can feel it!

My Buster (he's my doggie) had another seizure last night and is officially epileptic :frown: but he is on meds now so hopefully it will be controlled, but the stress is NO GOOD. Thank God excercise releases endorphines!

Great day to all of you!

Aw sorry to hear about Buster :( I used to have a roommate with an epileptic dog, it was tough to manage but she was an awesome doggie!

So my alarm clock went off, I turned it (accidentally) off instead of hitting snooze, but then woke up anyway 10 minutes later! So I figured that was a sign for sure and got right to it.

My arms hurt, like under my armpits. Very much. Same with my quads and inner thighs...ouch! I did the front raises one arm at a time, and did standup pushups off the bar for the second set. I even took 4 tylenol before the workout but it hasn't helped.

I did 45 min on the elliptical last night..still gotta get those calories burned.

Thanks for the well wishes for Buster! I'll let him know you said that! (hehehe)

My armpits hurt too; I've never been good at pushups!

Try stretching, like a serious, 15 minute stretching session. There is a buildup of lactic acid in your muscles from working out and not using it all up. This is what makes you "feel" sore. Stretching releases the lactic acid back into your system and out of your muscles....this seems to have helped with my soreness in my legs (I have none). I didnt stretch my arms and I am struggling. :flowerforyou:
  • karmasBFF
    Options

I think this depends on the individual; we dont want anyone overdoing it and burning out.

Personally, I am going for everyday but I am not setting any time limits, No 10 days a level or 30 days a level...I'm just going to do what I feel is best for my body. If its still hard after 10 days, I stay at the same level; If its too easy after 8 days, I'll move up a level.

I'm also not going to beat myself up if I miss a day, either! Though that is not the goal!
  • Trakandrose
    Trakandrose Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ok, I got my DVD yesterday and I did my Day 1 this morning. Holy Jeez I'm out of shape. Did anyone else feel like passing out or vomiting? Ha. But I will keep at it! Here are my measurements as of yesterday:

SW: 182
    CW: 175
    Neck: 13"
    Bust: 39.5"
    Chest: 33"
    Waist: 31"
    Hips: 43"
    Thighs: 23"
    Calf: 17.5"
    Ankle: 10"
    Arms: 13.5"

I'm really hoping to shed inches on my calves and arms. We can do it ladies!!
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    D1 L1 Done. Geez I only took a week off and i feel like im back to square one. This time i am not stopping. :)
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    Well I finished L1D2 and it wasn't tooo bad. I increased to 5lb weights (except during those side lunges, I went back to the 3lb, but made it through all of them without stopping!) I wore the right bra this time, which definitely helped with the jumping jacks, but does anyone else hate the feeling during jump rope? Not sure if I'm just that out of shape or if my chest is bigger now, but when I was younger jumping rope was NO problem. Now I HATE the way it feels in my chest when I jump like that.

Anyway I managed to get through it all pretty easily. The bicycle crunches are still a bit of a challenge for me, I've always hated them. But I made it a little farther then yesterday with them. I think I'll do Biggest Loser jumpstart 10 minute abs or Tony Horton's 10 minute trainer abs later.

GREAT JOB ALL! Keep at it we can definitely do this! Remember: PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT!
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    Day 2...IN THE BAG!!!

Great day to all of you!

Sorry to hear about your dog :( My dog has had a couple problems that to me seem like a seizure, but he is a pug, so I have to find out from the Dr if it's just a pug breathing issue or if it could be something like epilepsy. I know it's tough, but try not to let it stress you too much! Keep positive and believe the medicine will help it. And great job for still doing your exercise, it's definitely a good stress reliever.
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options

Great job! I plan on doing at least 30 minutes on the elliptical tonight, last night I did Wii Fit instead of the elliptical (but try to do the elliptical at least 3 times a week)

And I don't think we will have any "rules" here except to keep at it as best you can! Whatever works for everyone. My plan is to try to do it everyday, but like Karma said, I'm not going to beat myself up over it if I miss a day. Especially since the 2nd week of March I'll be starting 12 days of working with no day off & 2 of the days I'll be working 2 jobs both 8 hours each!! I'm sure those 2 days I will barely have enough sleep to even work out haha
    I'm hoping to only be on each level for 10 days, but if it takes longer I'll stay on the same level until the workout becomes too easy for me (haha sometimes it seems like that will NEVER happen).
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    Day 2...IN THE BAG!!!

Great day to all of you!

Sorry to hear about your dog :( My dog has had a couple problems that to me seem like a seizure, but he is a pug, so I have to find out from the Dr if it's just a pug breathing issue or if it could be something like epilepsy. I know it's tough, but try not to let it stress you too much! Keep positive and believe the medicine will help it. And great job for still doing your exercise, it's definitely a good stress reliever.

Definitely find out about your dog...their seizures look like human seizures and are equally frightening. My son said that when Buster seizured yesterday, he was standing up, which seemed strange but the vet wasnt surprised. Believe it, or not, you can youtube them to see if maybe that's what your dog looks like in his episodes.

And as far as it becoming too easy, that will DEFININTELY be a big motivator and HUGE confidence booster!
  • karen366
    karen366 Posts: 141
    Options

Like others have said, there isn't any steadfast rule...my goal is to do the Shred 4-5 days a week..(I will always try to do everyday, but if I need a break I will take it.) I learned this the hard way a few weeks ago..I had twisted my back falling on some ice..but I kept on using the treadmill even though I was in pain..one day after getting off of the treadmill, I sat down and had the most painful back contractions..I was literally stuck in my chair for 5 minutes..I wwent to the dr. and I had pulled a tendon in my back..I had to take it easy for a week or more...it's not worth hurting yourself if your body needs a break. The key is to be consistent!
    Good luck to you!
  • Queenie000
    Queenie000 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi All - Day 2 - Made IT! For me the first circuit is the hardest to get through, and then the bicycle ab exercises at the end. But, I feel great after 20 minutes of sweating! I was only just a tad sore in the thighs, I am only using 2 lb weights though. I am thinking of upping to five for the chest exercises.

My goal is to do the video for 30 days to kick start my healthier lifestyle change. I will move up to the next level when Level 1 seems like it isn't doing it anymore.

Great job Everyone!!!!
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    Ok, I got my DVD yesterday and I did my Day 1 this morning. Holy Jeez I'm out of shape. Did anyone else feel like passing out or vomiting? Ha. But I will keep at it! Here are my measurements as of yesterday:

SW: 182
    CW: 175
    Neck: 13"
    Bust: 39.5"
    Chest: 33"
    Waist: 31"
    Hips: 43"
    Thighs: 23"
    Calf: 17.5"
    Ankle: 10"
    Arms: 13.5"

I'm really hoping to shed inches on my calves and arms. We can do it ladies!!

I felt nausea yesterday but today I was ok...it gets easier...and I'm only on Day 2!
  • callie365
    Options

Like others have said, there isn't any steadfast rule...my goal is to do the Shred 4-5 days a week..(I will always try to do everyday, but if I need a break I will take it.) I learned this the hard way a few weeks ago..I had twisted my back falling on some ice..but I kept on using the treadmill even though I was in pain..one day after getting off of the treadmill, I sat down and had the most painful back contractions..I was literally stuck in my chair for 5 minutes..I wwent to the dr. and I had pulled a tendon in my back..I had to take it easy for a week or more...it's not worth hurting yourself if your body needs a break. The key is to be consistent!
    Good luck to you!

Good Morning Fellow Shred~ders

I totally agree Consistency is the key!! Glad your better now Karen:smile:

Today is my off day but I will be doing the stationary bike, durning Biggest Loser tonite!

Any other watchers?
  • karmasBFF
    Options

Today is my off day but I will be doing the stationary bike, durning Biggest Loser tonite!

Any other watchers?

Hmmm, I thought Biggest Loser wasnt back on until the 8th...because of the Olympics????
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    Hi All - Day 2 - Made IT! For me the first circuit is the hardest to get through, and then the bicycle ab exercises at the end. But, I feel great after 20 minutes of sweating! I was only just a tad sore in the thighs, I am only using 2 lb weights though. I am thinking of upping to five for the chest exercises.

My goal is to do the video for 30 days to kick start my healthier lifestyle change. I will move up to the next level when Level 1 seems like it isn't doing it anymore.

Great job Everyone!!!!

same here. i used 2 pounds yesterday and will use 3 pounds today because i am not sore at all in the arms or abs. if they are still not sore tomorrow, i will tape them together for a 5 pound weight. my thighs however, ouch! stairs are not my friend today. :)
  • karmasBFF
    Options

Any other watchers?

Hmmm, I thought Biggest Loser wasnt back on until the 8th...because of the Olympics????

Sorry, itsback next Tuesday, the 2nd! Cant wait!
  • callie365
    Options

Any other watchers?

AAAAA....Really the 8th... I just assumed It would be on ( its always on)... not knowing how long the Olympics are going?
  • callie365
    Options

Any other watchers?

Sorry, itsback next Tuesday, the 2nd! Cant wait!

The 2nd isnt so bad!!