NEW SHRED GROUP-WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• Schula03
    Schula03 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I can't see anyones pictures. I just see X's????
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I can't see anyones pictures. I just see X's????

Try refreshing your page; that might help. I just took a look and they are all showing up. I hope this helps!
  • Gems7882
    Gems7882 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am Joining you girls in this. I still dont have the videos with me.. nor the on demand. So I guess i will starting off slow. I have done 30 day shred earlier...(i did the 30 day shred programme from exercisetv.tv - which includes all the 3 levels, BFBM, NMTZ all in alternate patterns... it was really good and effective.... i lost almost 10 lbs... but that was 2 months back. So I am here starting off again. A new fitness plan and diet plan..(watch what u eat plan :d)

Best of luck to all of u. Till date I have never taken my measurements....maybe due to the scare of facing reality....but I will do it now and post it here soon. :happy: Hope I continue the good work...:D
  • Chantelle160
    Options
    CW: 198.8 measurments. 40.5-36-41. Yikes. Anyway I'm super excited to start tonight have done the video 4 times last week so I know what to expect. Then will do 30 mins on the treadmill after.
  • JennSchn
    Options
    I got my Shred on. I did it and it was not super bad but I will see how I feel in the morning when the muscles start to cry. I will post measurements later I forgot to bring them to work with me. Does anyone else have pain in the arms when doing jumping jacks? Kind of like over extending more than anything else.
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hi everyone, I did start the Shred last Thursday so today I completed L1 D5 and it is still Hard!!!
    Here are my measurements... Good Luck to all.

Starting Weight 164
    Current Weight 154
    Goal Weight 126

BUST 37"
    WAIST 29'
    BELLY BUTTON 34'
    HIPS 37'
    SADDLE BAGS 44'
    LEFT THIGH 24'
    RIGHT THIGH 24'
    LEFT CALF 16'
    RIGHT CALF 15.5
    LEFT ARM 12.5
    RIGHT ARM 12
  • sspalding
    sspalding Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    It seems we should get some calories burned from shredding? Any one have any ideas?
  • mmrose00
    mmrose00 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Started L1D1 of the Shred this a.m using 5lb weights, followed by 25 minutes of Tae-bo Power rounds!!!! WOHOHOOOOI am certainly GETTIN IT IN!!!

I must say the push ups weren't as bad as I thought although I was doing the modified version :laugh: , The Slim in 6 workouts prepared me for them! LOVE THE UPPER BODY WORKOUTS!!!

I did buss a MAJOR sweat for that 20 minute workout!

I plan to get it in a 3-4 times a week, and incorporate some ofther things Tae-Bo, Elliptical, and running! WOHOOOO summer here I come with Michelle Obama arms :glasses:
  • jessifreehugs
    jessifreehugs Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Holy sweaty hell, Batman! Just did my first ever Shred session, and all I can say is "ouch". I mean, I knew I was out of shape, but dang. I barely made it through the sessions, and I had to take a lot of breaks. My arms and legs are pretty floppy now, but hey Day 1 is down lol.
  • callie365
    Options
    I tried posting my before pics from photo bucket, it didnt work. :grumble: Help
  • bebhinn
    bebhinn Posts: 198
    Options
    Alright I'm down for this, even though I can't stand the woman. Im hoping that it will help me be motivated so that i can yell at her every day :P

SW - 316
    CW - 267
    GW - 200 (or less)

Neck 15
    Thigh 29.5
    Butt 53
    Tummy 52.5
    Hip 53
    Bicep 13.75

Finished the first workout, and aside from the transverse abs crunch crushing my spine (yay for hardwood laminate on basement cement) it wasn't so bad. Though, I found that because I am out of shape and my lungs are still healing from quitting smoking I found myself to be out of breath (duh!) and I noticed that getting up after being on the floor created this bizzarre dizziness and vomiting feeling, so I had to break for a minute or so about halfway through.

Oh well, I guess I'l be seeing a lot more of that woman over the next 30 days.
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    I got my Shred on. I did it and it was not super bad but I will see how I feel in the morning when the muscles start to cry. I will post measurements later I forgot to bring them to work with me. Does anyone else have pain in the arms when doing jumping jacks? Kind of like over extending more than anything else.

Try making sure there is a slight bend in your elbows. This may help with the hyper-extension.
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    It seems we should get some calories burned from shredding? Any one have any ideas?

It depends on each individual but I, myself, burned 291 according to my HRM...most of the comments I've seen on this is in the 200-250 range.
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    Started L1D1 of the Shred this a.m using 5lb weights, followed by 25 minutes of Tae-bo Power rounds!!!! WOHOHOOOOI am certainly GETTIN IT IN!!!

I must say the push ups weren't as bad as I thought although I was doing the modified version :laugh: , The Slim in 6 workouts prepared me for them! LOVE THE UPPER BODY WORKOUTS!!!

I did buss a MAJOR sweat for that 20 minute workout!

I plan to get it in a 3-4 times a week, and incorporate some ofther things Tae-Bo, Elliptical, and running! WOHOOOO summer here I come with Michelle Obama arms :glasses:

WAY TO GO, YOU!!!
  • karmasBFF
    Options

Hey callie,

First make sure your pictures are not in a folder. They should be saved in the default location.

Then copy the code that starts and ends (your picture link should be between these.

Last, make sure the IMG in both brackets are lower case.

Let me know if this doesnt work. :flowerforyou:
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    Holy sweaty hell, Batman! Just did my first ever Shred session, and all I can say is "ouch". I mean, I knew I was out of shape, but dang. I barely made it through the sessions, and I had to take a lot of breaks. My arms and legs are pretty floppy now, but hey Day 1 is down lol.

WAY TO GO!!! Just remember, like Jillian says, breaks if you need em but NO LONGER than 5 seconds! I found myself doing the reps a little slower because my heartrate was skyrocketing..this helped me bring it back to its range.
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    Alright I'm down for this, even though I can't stand the woman. Im hoping that it will help me be motivated so that i can yell at her every day :P

SW - 316
    CW - 267
    GW - 200 (or less)

Neck 15
    Thigh 29.5
    Butt 53
    Tummy 52.5
    Hip 53
    Bicep 13.75

Finished the first workout, and aside from the transverse abs crunch crushing my spine (yay for hardwood laminate on basement cement) it wasn't so bad. Though, I found that because I am out of shape and my lungs are still healing from quitting smoking I found myself to be out of breath (duh!) and I noticed that getting up after being on the floor created this bizzarre dizziness and vomiting feeling, so I had to break for a minute or so about halfway through.

Oh well, I guess I'l be seeing a lot more of that woman over the next 30 days.

Well done! I've learned water helps bring my heartrate down and minimizing the nausea; just sip it because too much water may just come right back up. Pairing this with straight cardio should really help with your lung endurance.
  • callie365
    Options

Hey callie,

First make sure your pictures are not in a folder. They should be saved in the default location.

Then copy the code that starts and ends (your picture link should be between these.

Last, make sure the IMG in both brackets are lower case.

Let me know if this doesnt work. :flowerforyou:

There in a folder.... Ok- I'll give it a try.... THANKS karmas!!! :smile:
  • apatrick23
    Options
    Just finished Day 1 of the Shred! It wasn't that bad but as soon as I was done and made my way downstairs, my legs were like jello! I'm sure I'm going to be sore tomorrow but what's a few days of being sore as opposed to a lifetime of being fit and happy.

See you tomorrow Jillian!!!!
  • jrbowers83
    jrbowers83 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Hi is too late to join this thread? I just started the 30 day Shred last week, completed L1D7 today. I plan on doing 10 days and then giving Level 2 a try. I browsed it and overall looks like I could handle it but we'll see. I may try using lighter weights or something. It also looks like we are either sharing before pics or measurements? I prefer not to post full body shots, but will take some for myself to compare. I've locked my scale away until the end of the 30 days, so won't be updating until then.

CW:149.8
    Bust:38
    Upper Waist:34
    Waist:38
    Hips:39.5
    Thighs:21
    Arms:13