nearing the end of 2012... *biggest MFP Pet Peeves*?

Options

Replies

• WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    tricksey hobbitses
  • LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Allow users to up / down vote the responses to forum posts so good advice gets attention (green-thumbs) and bad advice is red-thumbed
    I really like this idea.

Thanks, I nicked it from youtube :)
  • warrior63
    Options
    People who post snarky comments and start fights on the forums. Some people need to learn how to respectfully disagree.
    I would say this is my biggest peeve too!! Especially when they are younger, less experienced, and have no idea what they are talking about. I stay away from it. Too stressful to have a debate when you can just google and find the answers...lol
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    people who demand a note with a FR.
  • VictoriaWorksOut
    VictoriaWorksOut Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Forum threads that ask to rate, date, marry, best thing about...etc. the person above you.

That's got to be the very bottom.
  • SarahRea32
    SarahRea32 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    People who post snarky comments and start fights on the forums. Some people need to learn how to respectfully disagree.

This
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Thyroid cleanses

ANY cleanses

Ok, yea, ^THAT

Detox anyone?

I could really go for some shakeology

Educate yourself. It's not a cleanse or a detox :P
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    The inability to block whomever you choose.

Um...either this exists or I have just blocked all those creepers with my mind and you should hire my voodoo powers stat.

Please share your wisdom. I covet your knowledge.

you can block specific members from ever sending you mail without them knowing you have blocked them.
    you can put specific members in the forums on ignore so you don't see their posts when logged in.
    you can remove people from your friends list if you don't like them.
    you can make your profile and wall private so only your friends can see either.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options

This

AMEN! There's as many ways to do this as there are people doing this! I see more drama and immaturity on here than on the school bus I drive!
  • xMissy6x
    xMissy6x Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    People who can't be bothered to spend 5 minutes researching before coming to the forum to ask for help with the most trivial things. That's a good indicator of motivation level and a predictor of success....

I was about the say the exact same thing! It's so annoying!!!
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    threads about 1200 calories
    threads about starvation mode
    "rate/date/hump/dump me" threads
    members who have a million and 1 excuses.

this....

Oh and Dr. OZ
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Watching grown adults act like bullies on a playground. And we wonder why our society's schools are full of bullies? Look at their parents.
  • maqsmj
    maqsmj Posts: 697
    Options

This

AMEN! There's as many ways to do this as there are people doing this! I see more drama and immaturity on here than on the school bus I drive!

^^^^^^THISSS!!!!!!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    The water consumption counter, particularly the "We recommend that you drink at least 8 cups of water a day."
  • BaileyP3
    BaileyP3 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Duplicate posts :laugh:
  • BaileyP3
    BaileyP3 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    people who demand a note with a FR.

I sorta like to know why someone wants to be my 'friend'
  • laf0195
    laf0195 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    People who can't be bothered to spend 5 minutes researching before coming to the forum to ask for help with the most trivial things. That's a good indicator of motivation level and a predictor of success....

I was about the say the exact same thing! It's so annoying!!!

Completely agreed! What's going to get you a faster answer anyway? Seriously, just google it.
  • IamBlackMamba
    Options
    The inability to block whomever you choose.

Um...either this exists or I have just blocked all those creepers with my mind and you should hire my voodoo powers stat.

Please share your wisdom. I covet your knowledge.

you can block specific members from ever sending you mail without them knowing you have blocked them.
    you can put specific members in the forums on ignore so you don't see their posts when logged in.
    you can remove people from your friends list if you don't like them.
    you can make your profile and wall private so only your friends can see either.

Thank you, I am aware of all of these options however you cannot go to my page and see the option "block" alongside all the other options. That is what I am looking for, specifically that is.
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Being expected to only ever sing praises on viewable diaries. I expect to be cajoled if I start slipping so I treat others the same lighthearted way.

Distinctly overweight folks who think 1200 calorie goals will get them faster results.

Being friended then forgotten.
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    People that spend all day in the forums just to respond "There's a group for that" or "here's the other forum post for this" responses. Sometimes people are asking because they want a personal response and to make a connection with new friends, instead of anonymously searching.

Users that don't spend time reading the directions and help sections when they set up their accounts, then complain about things like the food database and calorie goals, like they'll be arrested if they stray.

When someone posts a personal situation/story and a question, and others automatically say, you're lying/your doctor is an idiot/I'm a trainer and I know better than that, especially when the question isn't about those things.