nearing the end of 2012... *biggest MFP Pet Peeves*?

Options

Replies

• 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    The inability to block whomever you choose.

Um...either this exists or I have just blocked all those creepers with my mind and you should hire my voodoo powers stat.

Please share your wisdom. I covet your knowledge.

you can block specific members from ever sending you mail without them knowing you have blocked them.
    you can put specific members in the forums on ignore so you don't see their posts when logged in.
    you can remove people from your friends list if you don't like them.
    you can make your profile and wall private so only your friends can see either.

Thank you, I am aware of all of these options however you cannot go to my page and see the option "block" alongside all the other options. That is what I am looking for, specifically that is.

If someone sends you a message, once you open the message you have the option to block them. Open any message in your inbox and at the bottom you will see the block option.
  • IamBlackMamba
    Options

Um...either this exists or I have just blocked all those creepers with my mind and you should hire my voodoo powers stat.

you can block specific members from ever sending you mail without them knowing you have blocked them.
    you can put specific members in the forums on ignore so you don't see their posts when logged in.

Thank you, I am aware of all of these options however you cannot go to my page and see the option "block" alongside all the other options. That is what I am looking for, specifically that is.

If someone sends you a message, once you open the message you have the option to block them. Open any message in your inbox and at the bottom you will see the block option.

Thank you, this is helpful and I'll try it!
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    definitely agree with dr. oz and everything about him
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    omfg, wtf is wrong with ya'll's thyroids?

They need cleanses.
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    When people talk about how they want to "loose" weight. Nails on a chalkboard.
  • IamBlackMamba
    Options

Update: tried it with a non-friend MFP'er and didn't work. My point is I just want to option to block someone. There should be a button.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

"rate/date/hump/dump me" threads

Yes. I like your avatar also. :happy:
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Allow users to up / down vote the responses to forum posts so good advice gets attention (green-thumbs) and bad advice is red-thumbed
    I really like this idea.

Thanks, I nicked it from youtube :)

Great idea in theory, however, it's only reliable if those voting know what they are talking about. Check out Yahoo Answers. Some of the worst answers/advice get the most thumbs up because the majority agree or believe it and its not always right. More often than not in some sections, it isn't the complete opposite. Much of the debate on here stems from continually perpetrated myths with a small few who try to set the record straight. Much of that false information would garner tons of thumbs up because it is generally "known".
    At least if you disagree with something in this forum you have to voice what your opposition is and, ideally, explain why for those to decide whether they agree or not.

My pet peeve - like someone else said, people who complain a out a free service.
  • flatbellybella
    flatbellybella Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    People that fr me and then delete me the next day

LOL
    you're talking about me? :drinker:
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options

Update: tried it with a non-friend MFP'er and didn't work. My point is I just want to option to block someone. There should be a button.

Did you verify they made it onto your blocked users list? If you send them a message after that, I bet it takes them off of it... I have 6 people blocked. They can't contact me but I still see them if they are on my friends' friends lists. The reality of it is, though, wherever you see them (such as forums) you can block them there. Why would you go to their profile if you didn't see them somewhere?

If someone is harassing you, contact Steven or one of the other admins, they are rather good about that stuff.
  • SarahRea32
    SarahRea32 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    When people talk about how they want to "loose" weight. Nails on a chalkboard.

Yes, this one is a little hard on me too, but I try to remember that unlike myself, english wasn't everyones favourite subject at school!
  • smantha32
    Options
    People who can't be bothered to spend 5 minutes researching before coming to the forum to ask for help with the most trivial things. That's a good indicator of motivation level and a predictor of success....

And people who come in and ask personal questions they should be asking a doctor or a mental health professional. Or relationship advice. Like we're all NOT going to say "dump that jerk who's beating you for being on a diet." problem solved! :bigsmile:
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Having to delete people because I'm tired of seeing too many details about their sex life.
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I've never understood why people expect constant comments from their friends here on their updates and diary. I mean, is "way to go" on your feed really going to keep you from having that fudge? I follow my friends through the message boards and if they post something interesting that shows up on my feed, I may comment.
  • smantha32
    Options
    I've never understood why people expect constant comments from their friends here on their updates and diary. I mean, is "way to go" on your feed really going to keep you from having that fudge? I follow my friends through the message boards and if they post something interesting that shows up on my feed, I may comment.

It's like the people who want tons of friends for "moral support".. so they'll have people who say "It's ok, don't be so hard on yourself" when they over eat. Then after going over calories every day for a month, they can then gripe because MFP "doesn't work for them".
  • IamBlackMamba
    Options

Did you verify they made it onto your blocked users list? If you send them a message after that, I bet it takes them off of it... I have 6 people blocked. They can't contact me but I still see them if they are on my friends' friends lists. The reality of it is, though, wherever you see them (such as forums) you can block them there. Why would you go to their profile if you didn't see them somewhere?

If someone is harassing you, contact Steven or one of the other admins, they are rather good about that stuff.

Thank you, I have some folks blocked and yes you can still see them in other's threads...I am aware of that and the other features mentioned here. I have requested this of Steven as well...reason being is I am not always in a location where other's posts are appropriate for a given situation. It's nothing against the MFP'er friends personally, I simply can't have certain posts, subject matter or language displayed on my work devices.

Just trying to keep my job in a tough economy...self preservation. :drinker:
  • SarahRea32
    SarahRea32 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Perhaps also those people who beg for support and get lots of people adding them as friends, then continue to eat a completely unhealthy diet - but manage to stick to their calorie goal by skipping meals and proceed to ignore their 'friends' comments/questions about perhaps eating a vegetable now and then..
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Thyroid cleanses

What! There's a thyroid cleanse?? Oh my! I simply must know about this ! It sounds like something I can't wait to miss
  • sagefitnessfanatic
    Options
    threads about 1200 calories
    threads about starvation mode
    "rate/date/hump/dump me" threads
    members who have a million and 1 excuses.

Oh yeah! LOL can't forget these...
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    Options
    Not sure if this has been said yet, but when people post success stories with no pictures, especially when it's a NSV. Lol, it just does something to me :D

I feel like you should share that kind of stuff on your news feed only, lol