nearing the end of 2012... *biggest MFP Pet Peeves*?

Options

Replies

• sagefitnessfanatic
    Options
    people who demand a note with a FR.

Agreed! Not sure why they get so upset lol we all know why you sent the request...it's a fitness site : )
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    people who demand a note with a FR.

much easier to decline when there's no note. :drinker:
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Witnessing creepers stalk the **** out of my female MFP friends with suggestive comments is one of my pet peeves. Tact people, TACT!!
  • bbgughj
    bbgughj Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    "Diet pills" Questions !
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    For the most part I'm extremely happy with the free service I used everyday and have used for almost 2 consecutive years. There are a couple things come to mind that I would update or change, but it's not a pressing, "OMG! I'm quitting if you don't fix this" nag list

* - The ability to set my diary to track or more readily report weekly calorie goals rather than daily. The app shows over-all weekly consumption, but it's stuck on Sunday week start (I weigh-in on Friday's and would rather have my week start then). If there's a way to change that, great! It's only a mild bother and not one that's bothered me enough to research it.

* - Not having the ability, when building or editing one of my recipes on the website, to simply click on an ingredient I've already added and change the quantity. I can do that on my phone, but not the website. I need to delete it and re-add it to the recipe. That one does annoy me. I usually build recipes as I see them on websites then update them as I cook (rather than "1 onion" I'll actually put in the as-measured amount of onion, in grams, for example. Yes, I'm that anal.). If I keep my phone in the kitchen when I'm cooking, it's not a problem. But that should be something I can do on the website, too.

* - No heart-rate based exercise estimator. I've found this other places on the web, so no show stopper. Something similar to http://www.shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/calculators/heart-rate-based-calorie-burn-calculator.aspx would be nice if it were build into the site.

Other than that, I cannot complain. MFP has helped me keep focus to get where I'm at now. As others have mentioned, I don't pay for it and no one forces me to be on here. Room for improvement? Yes. Show-stoppers that will make me never log in again? No.
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    When people take posts too seriously.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    People that fr me and then delete me the next day

LOL
    you're talking about me? :drinker:

I didn't name any names. That's your guilt talking
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Witnessing creepers stalk the **** out of my female MFP friends with suggestive comments is one of my pet peeves. Tact people, TACT!!

This. But in the same sense there are some females out there that post very suggestive stuff obviously crying out for male attention; it's annoying and it's sad.

That Tuesday ritual where people inbox others questions and your feed is flooded with stupid nonsense.
  • DavPul
    Options
    For the most part I'm extremely happy with the free service I used everyday and have used for almost 2 consecutive years. There are a couple things come to mind that I would update or change, but it's not a pressing, "OMG! I'm quitting if you don't fix this" nag list

* - The ability to set my diary to track or more readily report weekly calorie goals rather than daily. The app shows over-all weekly consumption, but it's stuck on Sunday week start (I weigh-in on Friday's and would rather have my week start then). If there's a way to change that, great! It's only a mild bother and not one that's bothered me enough to research it.

* - Not having the ability, when building or editing one of my recipes on the website, to simply click on an ingredient I've already added and change the quantity. I can do that on my phone, but not the website. I need to delete it and re-add it to the recipe. That one does annoy me. I usually build recipes as I see them on websites then update them as I cook (rather than "1 onion" I'll actually put in the as-measured amount of onion, in grams, for example. Yes, I'm that anal.). If I keep my phone in the kitchen when I'm cooking, it's not a problem. But that should be something I can do on the website, too.

* - No heart-rate based exercise estimator. I've found this other places on the web, so no show stopper. Something similar to http://www.shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/calculators/heart-rate-based-calorie-burn-calculator.aspx would be nice if it were build into the site.

Other than that, I cannot complain. MFP has helped me keep focus to get where I'm at now. As others have mentioned, I don't pay for it and no one forces me to be on here. Room for improvement? Yes. Show-stoppers that will make me never log in again? No.

People that write overly long posts
  • DavPul
    Options
    The inability to block whomever you choose.

Um...either this exists or I have just blocked all those creepers with my mind and you should hire my voodoo powers stat.

Please share your wisdom. I covet your knowledge.

you can block specific members from ever sending you mail without them knowing you have blocked them.
    you can put specific members in the forums on ignore so you don't see their posts when logged in.
    you can remove people from your friends list if you don't like them.
    you can make your profile and wall private so only your friends can see either.

Thank you, I am aware of all of these options however you cannot go to my page and see the option "block" alongside all the other options. That is what I am looking for, specifically that is.

If someone sends you a message, once you open the message you have the option to block them. Open any message in your inbox and at the bottom you will see the block option.

Thank you, this is helpful and I'll try it!

Update: tried it with a non-friend MFP'er and didn't work. My point is I just want to option to block someone. There should be a button.

Did you verify they made it onto your blocked users list? If you send them a message after that, I bet it takes them off of it... I have 6 people blocked. They can't contact me but I still see them if they are on my friends' friends lists. The reality of it is, though, wherever you see them (such as forums) you can block them there. Why would you go to their profile if you didn't see them somewhere?

If someone is harassing you, contact Steven or one of the other admins, they are rather good about that stuff.

Thank you, I have some folks blocked and yes you can still see them in other's threads...I am aware of that and the other features mentioned here. I have requested this of Steven as well...reason being is I am not always in a location where other's posts are appropriate for a given situation. It's nothing against the MFP'er friends personally, I simply can't have certain posts, subject matter or language displayed on my work devices.

Just trying to keep my job in a tough economy...self preservation. :drinker:

People that take over a thread with a conversation that no one else on the thread cares about
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options

This. But in the same sense there are some females out there that post very suggestive stuff obviously crying out for male attention; it's annoying and it's sad.

That Tuesday ritual where people inbox others questions and your feed is flooded with stupid nonsense.

Good point and very true!
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    tricksey hobbitses
    we hates them...FOREVER!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Um...either this exists or I have just blocked all those creepers with my mind and you should hire my voodoo powers stat.

you can block specific members from ever sending you mail without them knowing you have blocked them.
    you can put specific members in the forums on ignore so you don't see their posts when logged in.

Thank you, I am aware of all of these options however you cannot go to my page and see the option "block" alongside all the other options. That is what I am looking for, specifically that is.

If someone sends you a message, once you open the message you have the option to block them. Open any message in your inbox and at the bottom you will see the block option.

Update: tried it with a non-friend MFP'er and didn't work. My point is I just want to option to block someone. There should be a button.

Did you verify they made it onto your blocked users list? If you send them a message after that, I bet it takes them off of it... I have 6 people blocked. They can't contact me but I still see them if they are on my friends' friends lists. The reality of it is, though, wherever you see them (such as forums) you can block them there. Why would you go to their profile if you didn't see them somewhere?

If someone is harassing you, contact Steven or one of the other admins, they are rather good about that stuff.

Thank you, I have some folks blocked and yes you can still see them in other's threads...I am aware of that and the other features mentioned here. I have requested this of Steven as well...reason being is I am not always in a location where other's posts are appropriate for a given situation. It's nothing against the MFP'er friends personally, I simply can't have certain posts, subject matter or language displayed on my work devices.

People that take over a thread with a conversation that no one else on the thread cares about

Quoting the whole conversation, making enormously long posts that we've already read, when you are referencing the last thing said.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Adds from random dudes whose entire FL consists of hot chicks in their 20s
  • DavPul
    Options

Quoting the whole conversation, making enormously long posts that we've already read, when you are referencing the last thing said.

^^^ this
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

^^^ this

I see what you did there.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty happy with mfp but get really tired of the people who complain and whine constantly. (It's too hard, I want to quit, my scale hates me, and everyone who thinks my excuses are flimsy at best are soooo mean.)

People who add me and have no interaction with me get deleted. People who dont log in for several days usually get deleted after the first couple times. I tend to think the 1st time you go AWOL you probably have a good excuse. The next time you miss several days maybe your reason isn't as good but decent and after that it's mostly excuses. Or you just don't take it as seriously as I do. Either way, good luck to you but I'll delete ya.

I hesitate to add people I know in real life anymore. So far it's been my experience that I add them and then they never log in. And I feel guilty deleting them. Best to stick with strangers that I dont mind deleting.
  • thatjulesgirl
    thatjulesgirl Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    The fact that they have STILL not put the macro pie chart on the website!!

THIS.

Also entries in the food database that have no nutritional values added (just calories) or ones that say "one slice" or "one piece" of something like chicken / ham / other non-uniformly sliced things. Grams or ounces, people!
  • flatbellybella
    flatbellybella Posts: 303 Member
    Options

THIS x10000000000!
  • _KATzMeow
    _KATzMeow Posts: 336 Member
    Options

THIS x10000000000!

and the day after they friend you they send you pics of their junk........I am NOT impressed.