SAHM 2/22 - 2/28

Options

Replies

• nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    The jammie pics are awesome!!!!! You can tell you have lost so much weight!!!!!!! YAY TRISH!!!!!
  • valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    haha....out for a day and boy do I miss a lot!

Welcome Niki! I have 2 kiddos....one 2 year old and 1 four month old. Both adorable little girls. :P

Did my pilates today. They get easier every day. Made homemade french toast with eggs and fruit. Tasty stuff! :) We are having someone do our taxes for us since we own two houses and are renting out one. too much to try and figure out :P In our family this is the start of our weekend since my hubby works Wednesday through Saturday. So I've been enjoying some family time with the hubby and kiddos. Today it rained and actually hailed out! All the neighborhood kids were elated (This almost never happens in Phoenix)

Tomorrow back to the elliptical machine and taco salad for dinner. Yummy!
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Trish, all I can say is WOW!!!! You are truly an inspiration!!!!

Val - We do taco salads for dinner a lot. Yum!! It's something all of us enjoy. The kids are just now starting to enjoy mild salsa, so we are starting to be able to add some sort of "vegetable" to theirs. They do pretty well on a lot of veggies, but tomatoes and lettuce are ones they don't quite do yet. What do you put on yours?

I made my goals yesterday!! I've been giving myself easy goals, but it makes me feel good when I exceed them. I ended up walking 2 miles, and I drank 9 cups of water. I'm going to stick with the 9 cups of water for a few days to see how my body likes that amount. If I need to increase, then I will. So my goals for today:

Drink 9 cups of water
    Walk at least 1.5 miles
    Do the warm-up to my exercise DVD
    Get to bed before midnight

Have a great morning! :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Trish ~ Wohoo!!! You tell that treadmill who's boss!! Awesome before and afters!! You look so good!

Nicolee ~ 8 cals is nothing! I only worry when I hit 100 over ;)

Amy ~ Good job for accomplishing goals!!

I am down 1.5lbs this morning! :) I'm not expecting any loss next week, in fact I'm expecting to gain! Going to San Antonio for 5 days. I know we will be active, and I actually will get a couple runs in, but all the yummy food and eating out...oh well, it'll be worth it! I live in a small town with no good restaurants, all fast food. So we never get to eat out...we kind of over indulge when we get to a big city LOL Although, I will try my best to make better choices. My goal will be to not gain any weight!

Todays goals:
    Drink water, at least 8 glasses
    get my workout in (I think it's Quick Trouble Zones today)
    Stay under my calorie goal

Have a wonderful day ladies!!
  • curliegirl
    Options
    Katie--yeah on the 1.5 down!!! Makes indulging a little okay doesn't it. :)

Trish--love the pics--you can REALLY tell you have lost lbs.

Nicole--you just like the status about staying under don't ya? 8 calories? Don't sweat the small stuff.

Amy--Glad that you took my advice! Great job on tackling those goals.

Yesterday was pretty good--got my 8 glasses of water, walked/jogged for over 300 calories!, graded those pesky papers & made it to bed before 11.

Today is errand day--always tough but I have Beef Tostada meat in the crockpot so that helps. Recipe is at http://www.parents.com/recipe/beef/beef-tostadas/ if you are interested.

Goals today
    8 glasses of water--1.5 down already
    Short workout --walk 15 minutes
    Keep calories within 100 of MFP goal
    PAINT last little bit of the bathroom :love:

Have a great day everyone!

Kim
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    You all are doing so well! French toast, taco salad... MMMM!

We are having chicken enchilada taco salad for dinner tonight. I don't think I have a pepper though. Hmmm... Oh well. At least, thanks to crock pot, dinner will cook itself, and maybe I will run out to grocery store for pepper & throw it in later.

Easy day today. Wii BL workout is about all that's going on. If it warms up, maybe I will take Grace out to play with her sidewalk chalk on our driveway. The snot rockets are lessening every day.

Thanks for compliments on the jammies. I can't wait until they are loose on me and I can brag about wearing mediums. I don't think I wore a medium anything since I was maybe Grace's size.
  • dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, well my Monday started out really well, then ended not so good. I did half my kickboxing video in the a.m. yesterday, did some shopping for clothes for the kids, then went to my orthodontics appointment and it went downhill from there. I had hands in my mouth for an hour, them working on my braces adjustment trying to get everything adjusted, was so tired after that came home and did 15 min. on the Elliptical, when my little one hit her head on a cabinet door, so to calm her down (she was not hurt, just theatrics from no nap that day), we took a nice long bubble bath together, then I made dinner, after dinner, I started feeling sick AGAIN, did not sleep well last night, and woke up this morning to very sore mouth, and sinus pressure. I must have overdid it yesterday. Needless to say, I should lose a few pounds this week, as I only feel like eating soft foods.

Goals for today: get some sleep/rest, hydrate myself.
    Goals for this week: Kick this sinus cold and go snowboarding Friday! (my hubby has the day off)

Hope you all have a great day, sun is shining here, but its cold outside, its nice to see the sun though.

p.s. saw your pj photo Trish, very cute Pj's, you are looking great!

Kat, you are doing so great, you give me so much motivation just by reading what you post and your achievements, I am so happy for you!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    wow! so much to say--sorry if i don't do it all in detali---

trish--yay you on trdml and jammies!! even w/o smile you look happier--and younger. you can see your SHAPE which is beautiful!
    katie--good luck in s.a. have fun!!
    kim--get 'er done (the bathrm that is!) and great job on 300 cals. don't you love those days that go check! check! check!
    nicole--glad you're really back and feeling better. and 8 cals? girl, i'm pleased when i'm 200 over!! hehe seriously--you are really losing the wt and will reach your goal in no time flat.

melissa--you poked your head in too. i'm always impressed with your quiet consistency.
    val--hail?? hope nothing got damaged. way back when in denver we had a hail storm once and cars were floating away, and my car was dinged with golfball+ marks all over the entire car!! (insur covered it getting fixed). hope today gives you all a chance to get outsside for real fun
    amy--small, realistic goals are just fine! achieving them, building on them is what really matters!

if i missed someone--so sorry! will chk back later!
  • nicolee516
    Options
    gm everyone!

I know....only 8 cals.................lol!

To all of our wonderful group, may all of succeed with your goals today!

Mine goals are-
    Chug a lug
    eat back my exercise cals
    run 3 miles
    pull more wallpaper off the kitchen walls...ugh The little flowers that are ALL OVER the house HAVE to go! They wallpapered the entire house the same wallpaper!
  • amypyr
    Options
    Wow! Stacey, I see the weight ticker moving! Great job!!!

I weighed in this morning at 157.6. That's 0.2 lb more than last week, but since I gained a pound for a bit while rehydrating myself, I'm really happy with it. Although, TOM is coming up in a week, so I need to keep myself moving and keep drinking! :drinker: I'm already 2 cups down today!

Looks like I'll be able to get my walking in easily this week. The breaks are going on the truck. They started squeaking the end of last week, and as of yesterday, they're grinding. Tony said the last time they were changed was just after we got married. We've been married for 11 years, so it's due for new breaks. As a result, I don't want the kids in the truck. Safe enough for me (giving myself extra stopping time) driving to and from work, but Tony is 30 min from home and on interstate driving most of that. No way!! Luckily, it's an inexpensive and easy thing for him to fix. He just needs the time.
  • amypyr
    Options
    pull more wallpaper off the kitchen walls...ugh The little flowers that are ALL OVER the house HAVE to go! They wallpapered the entire house the same wallpaper!

I'm not sure which is worse, putting wallpaper up or taking it down. We wallpapered one small room in our old house with MIL's help (and lots of it!). Never again! I ended up getting tired of the wallpaper after a while anyway. Good luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • nikicoleman
    nikicoleman Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

Lots of great stuff going on this board! :) Very motivational!

Just got done working out - had to do a split again today - the boys aren't as happy when Mommy wants to walk away the past few days. But I can't complain-lots of play time with the boys is a dream come true. (And the reason I want to continue to lose this weight!)

I'm doing pretty good food wise-someone suggested I was eating too little. But I wasn't hungry-so I'm just trying to add a little back. I have lots of salty snacks in the house for upcoming events and those are my weakness! UGH! I can do it though - for me 12lbs was the hardest first stretch b/c TOM was around and not helping one bit! haha.

My goals today are:
    9 cups of water - 2 down already!
    Stay within calories
    Finish our laundry
    Workout - already completed!
    Finish phone calls! :)

Amy & Nicole -that's the truth with the wallpaper-our last home was covered in it-peeling everywhere and b/c my husband is a minister and it is the church's home, we couldn't renovate. This house, same situation - with it not being ours - but they are just fine with us making it 'ours'. Thankfully I just have the bathroom as my spring project - to remove the wallpaper! :)

Have a good Tuesday everyone!! :)
  • busy3mummy
    Options
    Hi

I'm new to mfp, a sahm to 3 kids (5, 4 & 3 y olds). I've got a lot of weight to loose & have been eating right & exercising for 5 weeks & have lost 11lbs. I go to the gym once kids are in bed & husbands home, usually 3 nights a week and early one morning over the weekend.

Snacking is my biggest problem, kids always have such nice snacks and always leave bits :mad: which I end up eating, either got to teach kids to eat everything up or hide it from me :smile:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    welcome busy3! this is a FAB group of ladies!!

one suggestion--tell yourself their leftovers is contaminated/germy/grody! i mean they backwash everything so just imagine it all boogey and dump that stuff!
    another idea is to give them less and then they can have more once it's gone. i do that a lot for kids with cereal--b/c they otherwise pour GIANT bowls of the stuff!

and niki--put the salty snacks in a non-see thru bag--and up high on a shelf. what you don't see really makes it easier. that's what i did at holiday time with all the goodies i bought for "kids" projects.
    congrats on what you've accomplished so far!

gotta go--promised the boy i would take him to the childr's museum today.
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Welcome, Busy! I had the same problem with DD's leftovers, and an even bigger problem with throwing it out. I hate wasting food! But it was either chuck it when she was done eating it, eat it myself, or put it away & it doesn't get eaten anyway. So I started throwing it away when she's done. It was hard, and I still struggle with it sometimes, but I'm learning that it tastes gross anyway, and it's just not worth it.

Thanks for all the compliments, ladies. I really do appreciate them.
  • nicolee516
    Options
    welcome busy!

Ahhh....leftovers.....I am so glad I don't have that problem anymore...in a way...in a way now it's annoying, because I never get any leftovers. For example, when I make dinner, if there are any leftovers, I usually actually let hubs and Daughter pack them for lunch. After that, the boy gets the pick. Most of the time. Sometimes I claim stuff, but I found that I don't overindulge if give that precedence.

But we are hoping to become pregnant.....so I will have that probelm again!
  • blessdmomof4
    Options
    My day didn't start well. I made it to the gym, no one up with croup last night PTL but the gym scale said I was up 3 lbs. I choked back the tears and plowed through my workout but when I got in the car the tears welled up and when I got home to hubby I couldn't believe how upset I got. I know it's only 3 lbs and it was probably from the sodium in my chicken tortilla soup but I've been working SO hard and just felt SO defeated :sad:
    I hopped on the Wii scale which said I was down a lb from yesterday but idk which one is right. I had gotten the wii scale to match the gym scale by not deducting for clothing last week so they should still be the same but there was a 4 lb difference between them. The wii made me feel better but I'm still battling serious discouragement and TOM comes Sunday so I am ferociously hungry...

I'm keeping in prayer today for strength and peace and joy and I decided to officially cut out sugar and dairy...for today...gotta keep my goals reasonable. Also going drink lots and lots of lemon water. Honey lemon chicken w/ new potatoes in the crockpot for dinner w/ a salad.

Trish, you look mavalous!

Have a great day everyone.

Melissa
  • amypyr
    Options
    Busy - Welcome! I understand the problem with food left on the plates too. It's getting to be less of a problem as they're getting older (my son can out-eat me now at 7!). Wow! Your kids must be really close in age! I only have 2 children (son 7 & daughter 6) who are 16 months apart. As hard as my daughter is to handle at times, I can't imagine a third.

Niki - What denomination are you? My dad was a Methodist minister while I was growing up. We moved around a lot and lived in homes owned by the church as well. Some of the decor was definitely better than others.

Stacey - Have fun at the Children's Museum! Even at my age, I enjoy those! I love watching my children as they're discovering new things and new ideas!
  • amypyr
    Options
    Melissa, don't feel too discouraged about the scale. TOM just around the corner is more than likely the culprit. Most women can normally gain 2-5 lbs just before TOM. This is usually due to water retention. Just keep drinking more water, and I'm sure you'll see a significant loss at the end of TOM, if not sooner! :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Melissa, don't sweat it. We all know you can do it. Blame it on Auntie Flo! Stress will only make things worse, so no worries. Deep breath, ask the Lord to guide you, and follow His direction.