SAHM 2/22 - 2/28

Options

Replies

• katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Dolphin ~ Ugh, I had braces as a teen, I feel your pain! Hope you feel better today! And you are so sweet, who though I could be a motivator?? LOL Glad I can help you out ;)

Nicole ~ I think wallpaper should be illegal. Seriously, We just took wallpaper down in our main bath. There was two layers, the the first was applied directly to the sheetrock. So, we have just finished mudding and sanding, and now I am putting texture on. If only we were good enough to get a nice even coat with the mudding...oh well! I didn't know you were TTC, good luck with everything!!

Busy3mummy ~ Welcome to the group! The snacking was hard, but I started buying more fruits and veggies and string cheese, so if they get one of those, I don't feel as bad for stealing a bite of it ;) Congrats on the Weight loss so far!

Melissa ~ Don't be so hard on yourself! If you weight in a lot, at least do it at the same time every day and under the same circumstances. I always weigh 2-4lbs heavier at night than I do right away in the morning. Stick to one scale, and one time of day and you shouldn't see your weight fluctuate so much. Good luck with cutting out dairy and sugar!

Just completed a 'Quick Trouble Zones' circuit. Started off with a 5 minute jog in place warm-up followed by 10 minutes of HIIT...worked out a total of 37 minutes with a total burn of 310 calories. All while my little one was still awake!! He was so cute trying to do the moves with me LOL I guess that will give me extra time to texture the bathroom...off I go!
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Katie- I think you have the same intesnity of fitness as I do! You go girl! I haven't really talked about us trying with too many people, dunno why....

Melissa- don't be so hard on yourself...I get frustrated at that too...try weighing yourself first thing in the morning, after going to the bathroom with no clothes on. That's when I do it...

So....back to the whole calorie thing....I looked at the reports they have on here..I looke at the net calorie one for the last 90 days...hmmm...no wonder I am not losing weight! My net cals have been under 1200 a day...I am definitely going to eat back those exercise cals now!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I haven't really talked about us trying with too many people, dunno why....

Face it... secrets make everything more exciting! :)
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    you girls are chatty today! :laugh:
    nicole--good luck with ALL you've got going on. :heart:

child mus was lots of fun today. they had a new exhibit in about building and the boy spent 30min just playing with all that. it's a traveling exhibit that will be here till may so we will def go again soon.
    altogether we were there 1 1/2 hrs and it was smooth sailing the whole time, even with field trip kids all over the place. yay!

we also went to the mall to get my eyeglasses adjusted. they fixed it! now they fit better and the temple is all the way down my skull. i have a small head and narrow face so it's very tedious finding glasses that fit comfortably.
    i'm just grateful they could do it! boy played at the mall too and is now conked out in the car in the garage. it will be school p/u time soon.
    and got mrs field's nibblers for kids for afterschool snack (let's not comment on all the CRAP i feed my kids!). i had 1 and it so satisfied me so i can resist the remaining ones.

i'm still working on getting a new psych for dd1 and a therapist for dd2. dd2 has a lot of pent up anger (middle child? b/c sis gets so much attn? cuz cuz cuz??). she needs someone/where she can work on those feelings appropriately. are we dr happy? maybe--but i know when my skills are not sufficient and i'd rather just learn it from a professional.

amy--what's the word on samantha's ears/hearing? keep us posted (if it isn't too nosey of us)

melissa-i ditto what everyone said. do YOU FEEL heavier? i know when it's real wt gain vs. something i ate. kwim? just keep eating enuf cals and moving and the numbers will go down. it's simple math and your body will obey (sometime). (hugs)

alright, gonna chill with my book and water for a few minutes and then onto part 2 of the day.
    you are the BEST!
  • nicolee516
    Options
    Stacey- I am glad that you had fun at the museum today! It sounds like fun to me!

Edit: Trish you are too funny!
  • staceyw37
    Options
    homeschoolin' mamas--
    i am seriously considering hs for dd2 next year (first grade). the special school for dd1 is one hour away (don't know if i can do that every day......) and having dd2 hs will make things easier. plus, she needs more MOVEMENT than is in the trad school setting.

in any case---WHERE DO I START??
    i've gone to so many hs sites, and i can get books like what your first grader needs to know--but HOW do i actually do it? set it up? pick a curriculum?
    i feel overwhelmed by all the choices out there.
    please advise--Thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • nicolee516
    Options
    Stacey- This is the first year I am doing it too and I was so overwhelmed as well! Take a deep breath, and know that you will do great no matter what you decide! :flowerforyou: Check out this website, it might help you get started. http://nevadahomeschoolnetwork.com/ Also, if you are interested in a virtual school which is what we are doing, where they set up all of the curriculum and testing for you, (which is sooooooo nice!) Then check out these 2 websites http://www.k12.com/nvva/ which is what we use but in Oregon or http://www.connectionsacademy.com/nevada-school/free-online-public-school.aspx Connections academy, which is what we will be switching to because our current school doesn't have 9-12 grade. I hope that helps!

Ok, truth time! I didn't take any of the wallpaper down today!!!! :devil: :tongue:
  • Hopey1994
    Options
    Hi ladies!
    Got back this weekend from my first ever mission trip. An amazing and life-changing experience to say the least. And I'm still recovering and trying to love on baby girl since I didn't see her for 6 days!
    Hubby comes home in 4 days. It will have been almost 5 months since I saw him last. Can't wait to be in his arms again!
    Will catch up on posts tomorrow. I hope all is well with everyone! I missed you all!
  • staceyw37
    Options
    welcome back hopey! and how exciting that dh is comin' home!

nicole, thanks! i will chk out those links!
    i figured it's just first grade--not like there's that much to learn/screw up! hehe i just want her to enjoy learning and be free to be herself too!
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I made my goals again today! I'm so excited! This makes 6 days in a row. I think that may be a record for me. :laugh: Ended up walking 2.2 miles this afternoon, I just finished my 9th cup of water, and I did the warm-up section of my DVD. I even logged my breakfast. Unfortunately, that's all the food Iogged, but that's a start!

Hopey - I'm glad you had a great mission trip. Glad you're home safely now. Enjoy that time with your family!

Stacey - Sounds like the Children's Museum was fun! It's not at all being nosey to ask about Samantha's hearing. Truth is, it was a good reminder for me to call to schedule her appt tomorrow. I was waiting to make the appt closer to when Tony's next paycheck came in. He gets paid once a month on the 25th, so wanted to schedule for after that.

Nicole - Good luck with everything! :flowerforyou:

Well, since I have choir practice tomorrow night and the kids have piano lessons tomorrow afternoon, I'm going to be quite busy. So my goals tomorrow will be pretty much the same as today's:

9 cups water
    walk at least 1.5 miles
    Warm up on DVD
    Log at least breakfast & lunch food (gotta get back into the habit!)
    Get to bed before midnight

It's 11:15, so I'm off to get ready for bed! Good night!! :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    LOL. I love how chatty everyone is today! I don't log on for a day and have pages of encouragement and adult conversation to enjoy after a day with a 2 year old and a baby! Tried rice cereal on the baby...that was entertaining. It took her a bit to figure out how to swallow it. After that she enjoyed it for about 2 minutes then decided she hated it! :P We'll try again tomorrow.

Did fairly well today as far as food. I'm off to do my workout after this little blurb. I worked hard around the house today so my hubby and I went out to Jamba Juice for a little treat. Gotta have them sometimes! :) Having a church party at our house this weekend so this week is mainly keeping the house clean and ready for many guests.

Amy - My taco salad was pretty simple but tasty. I use a bit of taco meat on tostitos chips, with a bunch or romaine and green lettuce on top with a dab of sour cream and then some taco cheese. It was tasty. I might try ranch dressing instead of sour cream next time, I'm not sure.

Stacy - our hailstorm was in true Phoenix fashion...pitiful :P They were tiny and more exciting due to the fact that we actually had any than due to any scariness in size or how hard they were falling. I'm originally from MN and we had hail there the size of golfballs that felt like God was chucking them down to the ground with all his might. :) My dad had dents all over his brand new car that year. Excellent suggestions for leftovers and snacks. That will help me a lot this weekend when we have people over and salty snacks galore will be in the house!

Welcome Busy! These ladies are fantastic and encouraging to have around! I myself have only 2 kids (atm) ages 2 and the other is 4 months.

Melissa - Don't worry about the weight going up and down. My dad says it should fluctuate week to week and it could just be that you ate something heavy that day. (I also like the suggestion of blaming it on Aunt Flo! )

Have a great night ladies!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Nicole ~ Understandable, then you're always getting the questions...you pregnant yet? I hate that! It took us a year to conceive our first, and then our second just happened LOL And yeah, I like to push it when I'm working out, even though I feel I'm about to die, when I'm done I'm like...YES!!! I just accomplished that, I did it :)

Stacey ~ I can't wait to be somewhere that has stuff like that. I'm very tired of living in a small town!

Hope ~ Wonderful news about the mission trip! Glad it was a success :)

To all you HS mommas...I'm in awe! I so dont' have the patience or the organizational skills for that! LOL

Amy ~ Keep it up!!

Val ~ Where in MN are you from? I'm originally from ND and went camping often there :)

Hmm..I didn't quite make the water goal yesterday but I accomplished everything else! I even finished texturing the bathroom, and priming it!! I'm going to get some paint this morning and start painting, I'm so excited to finally have this done!

So other than painting, my goals today:
    8 cups of water...it will happen, right?
    don't go more than 50 over my calories

and that's about it! LOL I'm taking today off from workouts, it will be lovely ;) Of course, painting is kind of a workout...
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Val - lol Your taco salads sound very similar to mine! I quite often use boca ground instead of ground beef. But I put the meat or meat substitute over tostitos, shredded cheddar, salsa and a little sour cream. Since the kids are doing better about trying veggies, I need to start adding some sort of lettuce to them. We do taco salads a lot since they're quick, easy, pretty healthy, and all of us like them.

Katie - I wonder why that seems to happen to a lot of couples. We tried for a year and a half for our first, and we were trying NOT to when we got pregnant with our second. She always has liked to do things on her own terms! :laugh:

Nicole - I can understand not telling a lot of people. When we started trying for our first, we told my brother and Tony's sister, but we told them NOT to tell any of the parents. Evidently, MIL bugged SIL about when she thought we would get pregnant, why weren't we having children, etc, so SIL told her we were trying. Since it was "taking so long", mil admitted after we got pregnant that she was thinking there was something wrong where we couldn't have children.
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Achieved nothing yesterday. No workout, only 20 oz of water. Naughty me. Took close friend & her kids (who I haven't seen in MONTHS) to Pirate Island Pizza. Think Chuck E Cheese, only pirate themed. I sat and watch them eat a medium pizza, and was never tempted. I was hungry, but I knew my dinner was going to be much better, and not layered with a sea of grease. My friend thought I had amazing will power, but I just thought the pizza looked gross. Ours is SO much better, and I wanted to treat the kids to something they would all enjoy.
    My dinner smelled amazing when I got home, but it was disappointingly gross. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for food last night. Wish I had just had an Ensure.
    Ended up conking out on the couch at 9, and going to bed at 9:30. Was up at 5, went back to bed at 7, up again at 8. Today I pick up friend Jazz, get a run in, and work in studio. Also need to chug a lug a buttload of water, preferably 120 oz. Starting now with 30.
  • nicolee516
    Options
    Katie and Amy- I do think that is part of it...I don't want the 20 million questions!!!!! The other part is...and this sounds funny as I am typing it because I am raising 2 kids that technically aren't even mine, I never wanted to have kids when I was younger. But I don't want to look back when it's too late and regret that I never had one of my own. KWIM? I know you ladies won't bug me though!!!:flowerforyou: I have heard that about the 2nd one is alot easier to conceive...

Katie- have fun painting!

ok...I am adding another goal for this week. NOT to step on the scale everyday....ugh...why do I do that to myself? I do really good, and then I start to obsess and step on the scale.

I am hopefully taking our buick to the DMV today to finally register it!:laugh: We've only been here 9 months!!!:tongue:
  • blessdmomof4
    Options
    Good morning ladies,
    I am having a much better day. Thank you all so much for the encouragement and reminding me not to be so hard on myself. I don't do well w/ not doing well lol. I hadn't had that feeling in the pit of my stomach since I got a bad grade on a midterm or something. I admit that usually if I can't do something better than most, I don't want to do it at all...not a healthy attitude, I know. The Lord and I are working on it :ohwell: I'm thankful for His grace and that His mercies are new every morning...I certainly need them!

We have about a foot and 1/2 of snow right now and it's still falling at a good clip so hitting the gym wasn't an option. I'm getting aquainted w/ Billy Blanks and Taebo Extreme and it's pretty fun. He makes me laugh b/c I have a friend at our church who is so much like him and I just keep picturing myself working out w/ "big Mike" from church lol!

Stacey- Starting HS is an overwhelming feeling for sure. I have been doing it for 3 years now and I started when dd was in 1st grade. There are many ways to go about it (so many it is overwhelming). Ask yourself some key questions. Why am I going to homeschool? Do I want a lot of structure (like a school day setting) or do I want to be more laid back? Will I accomplish goals that I set or would it be better to be accountable to someone else's goals (i.e. online school)? What are my child's strengths (reading, math, movement) and do I want to tailor a curriculum to these strengths? Answering these questions should help you determine which direction to head (pulling from lots of curriculums or choosing one structured curric and sticking to it.)
    I personally pull from lots of different places but it can be very time consuming to plan lessons and prep everything. My kids are very literature oriented so we do lots of Unit studies based on picture books. It basically takes a book and applies all subjects to it. This website has tons and tons of free literature units and it's perfect for 1st grade, I use it a lot.
    www.homeschoolshare.com
    Happy to help you as much as you need, we can connect off group if you want to.

Val- Cereal for baby is so exciting. We are discussing adding to the family (maybe once I get to goal weight) and I think of those milestones and getting to go through it all again...it makes my eyes soupy. I just love babies!

Amy-WTG on all those goals! Keep up the good work!

Katie - good luck on the bathroom. good for you for tackling it all yourself. Sounds like you certainly don't run from a challenge :happy:

Trish- not even tempted by pizza, you are mastering the "not listening"

Nicole - so exciting to be trying. Might join you soon :) How old are your other kids?

As for taco salad, mine sound pretty similar to all of yours but for dressing I mix a little sour cream w/ some taco sauce or salsa....mmm. We're having that later in the week, maybe I'll move it up to tonight!

Well, we have to finish up school for the day. No snow days for the homeschoolers, much to their dismay:grumble:
    Can't wait to get out and play!

Have a blessed day everyone and thanks again for the support and encouragement!
    Melissa
  • curliegirl
    Options
    Melissa--glad today is going better. We don't have snow days where there is snow--we have them in April & May when we can't stand to stay indoors any more! :laugh:

I read a really funny blog post at http://thepioneerwoman.com/homeschooling/2010/02/how-dominos-pizza-saved-my-marriage/ that you all should read. It will help you realize that we HS mommies are not more patient or wonderful--just CRAZY! No we have chosen a different road to walk. Anyway it had been one of those days & this post just struck me as funny!

Katie--you go girl on that bathroom--I am jealous--haven't had time or energy to do anything on ours! I always count painting as burning calories by the way!

Trish--sorry 'bout the dinner--hope today goes better.

Hopey-glad you are back!!!! Tell us about the mission trip!

By the way with all the talk of getting pregnant--3 of my 4 weren't planned. :blushing: That is the way it works sometimes.

Yesterday turned out yucky--not bad for calories but I was wiped out last night & had a tummy ache. Went to bed early & still woke up tired. Doing better now but it was weird. We are breaking out of here & going roller skating for a couple of hours. I don't know if I will still walk or not--depends how the old legs/feet do. Everyone here needs to get out of the house & be active for a while.

Gotta go skate!

Kim
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Thanks, curlie. Can't go wrong with hamburger helper tonight. That ones kinda hard to screw up. Friend Jazz is sick, so trying to figure out what to do with Grace so I can go running. Might call neighbor girls this afternoon after they get off of school.
    Just noticed it started snowing.
    Took a deep breath, bit the bullet, and put Grace in panties. Watching her closely now. I hope everything goes okay today. It's going to be an adventure. I let her choose the panties and told her they were not diapers nor for going poo poo or pee pee in. I keep telling her to tell mommy when she needs to go potty (and asking her if she needs to).
    Tall order for not quite 20 month old. I wonder why I'm asking for trouble by doing this to her so young, LOL
  • valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies! Today is a bit of a more lazy day. Not too many chores to get done around the house today and leftovers for dinner tonight so I can just relax! :) (well, in the sense that all i have to do is chase my active two year old and try to keep the house put together)

Katie - I grew up in St. Peter MN which is in southern MN. I went to school at the University of MN in the cities. My dad's side of the family mostly live in Alexandria (western MN) and my mom's side all live in Blackduck which is north of Bemidji....near the border of Canada. I'm still a MN girl at heart :)

Melissa - It is fun going through all these milestones again and my hubby and I are thinking we'll probably try for another one in a year or so. We like to have them about 2 year apart so they're close enough in age to play together. Your idea of mixing sour cream and salsa for taco salad sounds yummy! Gonna try that next time!

Well, off to sweep the house of all the dog hair. We have 2 australian cattle dog mutts that we rescued and have had for 5 years now. They're mellow and wonderful dogs, well trained......and shed like crazy!!!! I love them but have to sweep every couple of days or the whole house becomes coated in hair. They're not allowed on the carpet areas and still I find it everywhere! It's a constant war in this house! Whew. Oh well, I love them to bits so it's worth it. :)

Have a great afternoon!
  • michfitzhome
    michfitzhome Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    My kids are all 2 years apart, except for the triplets, they are minutes apart, LOL I like the 2 year split, long enough but close enough that they are close. My 2 older girls are very close. they miss each other quite a bit. all this talk of baby makes me sad, all my kids are in-vitro babies, we are done. I would love to have another one but i have a benign brain tumor that grow during my last pregnancy and my neurosurgeon will not let me have anymore. probably better off, 5 is enough, even though i never wanted an odd number.

to all you homeschoolers, i do not know how you do it. i do not have the discipline to do it. i also stink in english and reading and think i would be very detrimental to my kids education, i cannot keep mine on any task, with my first 2 kids i went back to work so after 17 months i feel as though i am still a beginner at staying home.

everyone have a great evening
    michelle